Do we really need a high pick at WR?

Draft a WR?

• 2nd Round (Worthy, Franklin, Legette, McConkey, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
More so than other positions, you can pick up some really good WR's in the later rounds or even UFDA's. Just take a look at Jake Bobo. The Rams' Puka Nacua was a 5th round pick. Our two starting wide receivers in SB49 were both UDFA's. Especially since we don't have a need for a WR, it makes sense to look for the diamond in the rough at that position instead of spending valuable draft capital on someone like Eskridge.
Same argument goes for any position.

Lockett is one injury away from retirement at his age. Pick BPA and leave no position out of consideration.

Chawker

Reaction score
The only way we should even consider taking a WR is if Odunze falls to us.We have more pressing needs elsewhere.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They don't necessarily need a WR. If the players they want at the need positions (QB, OL) are taken by the time they pick and Odunze is still on the board then yes I wouldn't mind if they draft him. Odunze is the type of player that can make the players around him better (especially the QB). He also is a move the chains type of receiver and is also explosive. Sort of a faster Cooper Kupp, if you will.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
We run a lot of 2 TE sets as well. I wouldn’t want to waste high picks on someone that sits 3/4 of the game.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We need Safeties (assuming we move on from Diggs/Adams), LB (assuming we can't re-sign Brooks and/or Bobby) and DL. Add in a QBOTF and OL depth, there really isn't a spot to draft a WR until late. I'd rather pick up a Goodwin type in FA.

Latest posts