Donald pretty much looked like a man among boys

Marlin Man

Reaction score
The "boys" being our so called O line- what an absolute joke they are. NFC West Champs, but we ain't going far with these clowns. Go Ahead an pound me, but tis what I believe.

M.M.

mistaowen

Reaction score
"Go ahead and pound me"

-Marlin Man December 16, 2016

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Well the Rams pretty much have the best D line in the league.

We still scored 24 against them.

Nobody we would face in the playoffs would have near the defensive line that they do.

So while your assessment about their ability may have merit, I fail to see how that fact is going to be keeping us from winning in the playoffs.

Every year we hear the same thing. And every year we are still successful. Best team in the NFC over the last 4-5 years.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mistaowen":26jcfush said:
"Go ahead and pound me"

-Marlin Man December 16, 2016

I knew that one was gonna get called out. :snack:

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Looked to me like they started to use some of his aggressiveness against him later in the game. Doesn't matter as long as we win the game. It's like the Texans with JJ Watt. They all end up watching the playoffs from their couch.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I thought our Oline played ok with the exceptions of the off side penalties, which I find unacceptable. It was not perfect but they were effective at times and Glow had some decent play against Donald.

Not sure why the negativity. We have won 9 games and the NFC West. Probably go 11-5-1 and it wasn't a soft schedule. #2 is clearly in reach and gives us great chance at the SB. I challenge you to tell me a team we cannot beat.

OP
OP
M

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Come on you guys can pound better than that??????? They are the worst O Line I can remember ever seeing and I was at the first game ever played. JMHO

M.M.

TAB420

Reaction score
Is this guy for real? Sounds like he loves getting pounded.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Marlin Man":ap73ovoe said:
Come on you guys can pound better than that??????? They are the worst O Line I can remember ever seeing and I was at the first game ever played. JMHO

M.M.
If the O Line is better now than it was at the beginning of the year how is the present O Line the worst ever. If you disagree with that then I think your "I was at the first game ever played" qualifications come into question.

Hawks46

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2u0pl9qo said:
I thought our Oline played ok with the exceptions of the off side penalties, which I find unacceptable. It was not perfect but they were effective at times and Glow had some decent play against Donald.

Not sure why the negativity. We have won 9 games and the NFC West. Probably go 11-5-1 and it wasn't a soft schedule. #2 is clearly in reach and gives us great chance at the SB. I challenge you to tell me a team we cannot beat.

Green Bay, unless we play them at home.

Possibly Dallas. Our run defense isn't elite, and if don't get pass rush on GB, we won't on Dallas either.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawks46":1wny3b50 said:
seahawkfreak":1wny3b50 said:

Possibly Dallas. Our run defense isn't elite, and if don't get pass rush on GB, we won't on Dallas either.

Using words like "possibly" and "if" does not mean cannot. Don't think we have to worry about GB getting a home game against us in the playoffs, do you? I guess it is still possible but improbable and we have the talent to still beat them at home. I was arguing against the OP's statement of "but we ain't going far with these clowns".

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawks46":2bdpnlbf said:
seahawkfreak":2bdpnlbf said:

Contrary to popular belief, Dallas' OL at pass blocking is actually pretty pedestrian. They are however, beasts in the run game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Marlin Man":1hu1x3vf said:
The "boys" being our so called O line- what an absolute joke they are. NFC West Champs, but we ain't going far with these clowns. Go Ahead an pound me, but tis what I believe.

M.M.

I'd appreciate it if you'd quit Bogarting that joint...."Man Among Boys" eh?, you mean the one that lost his cool, throwing a tantrum like a piss poor sport, costing his team 15 yards on top of the 15 extra yards for a blatant facemask by one of his teammates.....That's THIRTY yards.
Aaron Donald plays with a lot of get after it, but he is one of the more dirty players in the entire League....NOTHING to admire. :roll:
JJ Watt, now that's a player that throws everything he's got to making plays, everything, that is, except a tizzy-fit.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Lest we not forget last year the rams had 4 first round draft picks as their starting Dline

Chris Long 2008
M. Brockers 2012
Donald 2014
Quinn 2011

That is a ton of draft capital to spend on a position group and you can see the whole rest of the team is kind of garbage.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Donald is excellent, Hawks' oline is not, but somehow his impact was mitigated.

Recommend a move to the shack for proper discussion of the pounding fetish.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Marlin Man":12gk3z3a said:

M.M.

And again, there isnt an NFC playoff team with a defensive line anywhere near the Rams, so your point is moot.

Latest posts