Don't blame the REFs!

plyka

Reaction score
Bad calls go both ways, in the end they "typically" even out. I would say that the Hawks got the raw end in this game, but they have also got favorable calls. It's easy to blame the refs, every team which loses does the same. The 49ers fans did it when we crushed them on...wait, they did it both times.

All that said, I'm actually very up beat about this team after this game. Unlike the Houston game, it was all to obvious to me that the Hawks were by far the superior team. Safety instead of TD due to a dumb ass play by the Hawks made a massive difference (it's not important to recover the ball, even if the Colts recovered it would have been a safety, at that time you must realize the most profitable course of action is to SLOW DOWN and pick up the ball in play), the blocked FG which was a 10 point swing, and the list continues. If you play these two teams 10 times on a neutral field, Hawks win 8 or 9 out of 10. Against the Texans judging by last week, it'll be close to 6 or perhaps even 7 depending on how much Field Advantage played a role.

The Hawks were by far the superior team and lost due to horrible mistakes. It is obvious to me now that this team is one of the best in the NFL and a serious threat for a SB this year. Yes, I know everyone thought they were serious SB threats prior, but these last 2 weeks made this a reality for me. This Hawks team CAN WIN IT THIS YEAR! How exciting is this?

On a positive note, this OLINE was much improved. Of course they weren't going up against the animal beast known as Watt --the man is the best defensive player in the NFL bar none, he can turn an OK defense into a dominant one. I think this will prove to be a benefit in the long run for this team, give these backups time on the field in real games. In case Okung/Unger/Giacomi go down in the playoffs, we have people that can come on and play.

Wilson makes some bad passes, he had Tate wide open for a TD and completely missed. There were other overthrows. This is a part of his game that everyone knows he has to work on. That said, I don't know if there is a QB in the league I would take over Wilson for now and the future, Luck included.