Dont want Russell? Listen to 1st Ten minutes of El Hombre

ivotuk

Reaction score
WYMAN AND BOB -- Hour 4 - El Hombre & the MLB lockout

El Hombre joins Dave and Bob to talk about why Jim Harbaugh is still welcome back at Michigan even after wanting to leave for the NFL and why Eagles fans would do anything to get Russell Wilson.

Plus, after seeing the absurd ticket prices for the Super Bowl, Dave and Bob discuss how much they would be willing to pay to go to the game.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... an+and+Bob

Also

WYMAN AND BOB Hour 2 - Mark Schlereth

FOX NFL analyst Mark Schlereth goes around the NFL with Dave and Bob to talk about the coaching moves that surprised him during this latest hiring cycle.

Plus, the guys preview the strengths and weaknesses of the Bengals and Rams heading into Sunday. Later, Dave and Bob weigh in on Paul Sewald's comments regarding what players are looking for during the MLB lockout negotiations.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... an+and+Bob

keasley45

Reaction score
Hurts aside ( I dont think he's the answer, but i think Schneider could do wonders with him + the otehr compensation in terms of generating more capital / players), i honestly took everything after 'Russ was playing great last year until he got hurt...' with a grain of salt. I dont think i've seen another player in the history of my watching football who's play to play performance is as different from the story their stats tell as Russ.

He put up awesome numbers on the deep ball (always does), accuracy ( consistently accurate) and TD / INT ratio (that's Russ), but then, as in years past, led an offense that through the air, was unable to sustain drives and through every game last year, consistently missed reads.

So yeah. If Russ wants greener pastures, and in return, we are in a position (like we were after Hass) to find 'our guy', with a pocketful of cash and a bevy of draft picks, then so be it.

No guarantee it will happen next year or in the next three. Also no guarantee it wont. that's football. All i know is when your HC and your QB arent on the same page, it just doesn't work. And i dont care if you throw 40 TDs to 3 INTs, if you are 29th in 3rd down passing conversions and cant sustain drives, your'e going to end up where we have every year.

Its not about not wanting Russel. Its about not caring to retain someone who doesn't want to be here. Russ has an idea of what he needs and its not the Seahawks philosophy. And from where i sit, he's ignoring some major deficiencies in his game that have resulted in the team feeling he should play a certain way. He disagrees. i don't think they're wrong.

John63

Reaction score
keasley45":3vsfgdbq said:
Hurts aside ( I dont think he's the answer, but i think Schneider could do wonders with him + the otehr compensation in terms of generating more capital / players), i honestly took everything after 'Russ was playing great last year until he got hurt...' with a grain of salt. I dont think i've seen another player in the history of my watching football who's play to play performance is as different from the story their stats tell as Russ.

He put up awesome numbers on the deep ball (always does), accuracy ( consistently accurate) and TD / INT ratio (that's Russ), but then, as in years past, led an offense that through the air, was unable to sustain drives and through every game last year, consistently missed reads.

So yeah. If Russ wants greener pastures, and in return, we are in a position (like we were after Hass) to find 'our guy', with a pocketful of cash and a bevy of draft picks, then so be it.

No guarantee it will happen next year or in the next three. Also no guarantee it won't. that's football. All i know is when your HC and your QB arent on the same page, it just doesn't work. And i don't care if you throw 40 TDs to 3 INTs, if you are 29th in 3rd down passing conversions and can't sustain drives, you're going to end up where we have every year.

It's not about not wanting Russel. It's about not caring to retain someone who doesn't want to be here. Russ has an idea of what he needs and it's not the Seahawks philosophy. And from where I sit, he's ignoring some major deficiencies in his game that have resulted in the team feeling he should play a certain way. He disagrees. I don't think they're wrong.

It always amazes me how some ignore any expert or person who says something they don't like and give credence to those that say what they want even if they have no basis for it.
I could easily provide facts to pretty much tear everything you said apart., but given i have before and your reaction was always to say I don't care what the fact says all I care about is what I see or think why to bother.

For example, did you know in games where he was not playing hurt we were 48% on 3rd down which would be top 5? Did you also know that we had one of the top 5 most 3rd and long? Did you know in the games where Wilson was not hurt he had a 66% complete on 3rd down. Did you know last year he complt 72% of his passes on 3rd down, Did you know for his career he is 63% complt on 3rd down with an avg 7.5 ypa? Did you know his best years on 3rd down came well after the LOB days?

Now how can his complt% be so good and yet we not that good on 3rd downs(not saying every year just last year) Let let's look at this
We could run on 3rd down and not make it
it could be 3rd and long
WR not getting YC
Wr not getting to first down mark.
The play call not being good ie wr screen

You see it is not always cut and dry on 3rd down its the QB. For example, did you know Buffalo was the worst on 3rd down and they have Allen.
Tampa was 24th on 3rd down and they have Brady the almighty
We were 17th guess what KC was 10th but only 2% points higher
Greenbay was only 3 points higher.

You are entitled to your opinion even if it is at best exaggerated at worst just plain wrong.

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":2zowsifq said:
keasley45":2zowsifq said:

No guarantee it will happen next year or in the next three. Also no guarantee it won't. that's football. All i know is when your HC and your QB arent on the same page, it just doesn't work. And i don't care if you throw 40 TDs to 3 INTs, if you are 29th in 3rd down passing conversions and can't sustain drives, you're going to end up where we have every year.

It's not about not wanting Russel. It's about not caring to retain someone who doesn't want to be here. Russ has an idea of what he needs and it's not the Seahawks philosophy. And from where I sit, he's ignoring some major deficiencies in his game that have resulted in the team feeling he should play a certain way. He disagrees. I don't think they're wrong.

It always amazes me how some ignore any expert or person who says something they don't like and give credence to those that say what they want even if they have no basis for it.
I could easily provide facts to pretty much tear everything you said apart., but given i have before and your reaction was always to say I don't care what the fact says all I care about is what I see or think why to bother.

You are entitled to your opinion even if it is at best exaggerated at worst just plain wrong.

Exaggerated and plain wrong according to you. I'm not attacking folks who want Russ to stay. If someone asks in a post whether after listening to an audio clip, whether i personally still want Russ to go, i take that as invite to answer. No? Am i wrong there?

And if i answer, i'm going to provide my reason. Is that wrong?

I havent fabricated anything ive posted or relied on uncorroborated 'insider info'. Stats say Russ is great AND stats say Russ is also fallible - and fallible in ways that arent obvious unless you sometimes care to look beyond the stats the media constantly throws in front of us.

Sorry if expressing an opinion that contrasts with 'Russ is God and anyone thinks who thinks he isnt and that the Hawks will continue to exist without him is ignorant or delusional', bothers you.

I expressed my OPINION. Express yours. Free world. Can do without the personal attacks and constantly spinning contrary beliefs as 'wrong', misguided, or whatever your latest strategy is.

Go Hawks!