Don't you love halftime adjustments

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I think our Defensive co-ordinator forgot to come back out at the half

what a joke

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Maybe you weren't watching closely, but our 2nd half adjustments happened in the 4th quarter. And, btw, we won.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks were ahead 17-3 at halftime. They held the Falcons to 86 total yards to that point. What adjustments were you expecting? They did come out flat in the 3rd qtr but corrected it by the 4th quarter.

evergreen

Reaction score
And before you rag on the D give the offense some blame for the Falcons having the ball so much! They had almost 10X as many yards as us...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":1qmhlh8g said:
Let's blame the coaches again for the breakdown in execution. Point the finger in the right direction.
Players get the blame for poor execution, and coaches get the blame for piss poor play calls.

It's as simple as that.

Why should the coaches get a free pass when they screw up?

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Agree 100%. Unfortunately today what we saw was a breakdown with coverage of the players on the field. Not an adjustment that the coaches made.

Communication breakdown between players, ala Kam on the sideline

hinton

Reaction score
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/odwnpFwuwF8[/youtube]

Found a great vid showing the Falcons adjustments followed by the Seahawks adjustments.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":depe3r62 said:
evergreen":depe3r62 said:
They had almost 10X as many yards as us...

No, they didn't.

This only means that he's overreacting by '10X'

Total yards for that game was pretty much even.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1romxfvw said:
TransGenderHawkFan":1romxfvw said:
evergreen":1romxfvw said:

No, they didn't.

I didn't think the comment by another poster about a nonexistent pass rush could be topped, but apparently 29 more yards is equivalent to 10x more. I guess I need to learn how to math better.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
It's funny to me that I thought I had the game plan figured out.

We went up 17-3 and I vocally said this is what we want. A 2 TD lead will force the Falcons to abondon the short game and allow us to pin our ears back even more. The problem was they didn't. They stayed with the short game and I think that is what ultimately killed our momentom.

Give Shanahan credit. We came out in the second half expecting them to try and go vertical. We dropped into coverage and our pass rush pinned thier ears back and if Atlanta follow's a traditional game plan, we likely dominate the rest of the game. The problem was our adjustments created a soft area for thier short game and allowed them to gain momentum. Worse was we readjusted short as they adjusted long and suddenly we found ourselves once again out of position.

Credit to Shanahan for not panicking like most OC's do as well as adjusting his game accordingly.

I really thought that was a huge reason we looked lost in the 3rd. We again adjusted in the 4th and took back momentum so credit our coaching also.

I also thought Kelsey McCray looked like Carrie Williams took over his body in the 3rd and our secondary was trying to compensate for it.

Ultimately we again came out of the Bi week lethargic and made tons of mental errors. Add that to an injured Wilson and Lockett and we are lucky to come away with the W.

Hopefully we look better going forward.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hinton":1rqb75ee said:
[youtube]odwnpFwuwF8[/youtube]

Found a great vid showing the Falcons adjustments followed by the Seahawks adjustments.

fify?

McGruff

Reaction score
Bottom line is we missed Kam.

A big part of his hold out argument was that he is a more than a player out there. He is a coach on the field who is responsibe for player posititioning. He is a captain on the sidelines to get in people's ear. Not having him in those capacities really hurt us.

And on at least the Jones TD, Sherman blew it. Possibly on the long Toililo TD as well. And Lane gave up way too much outside cushion on the third. All of those are plays where having your filed coach and captain adjusting players on the fly would probably have helped.

BBQHawk

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":1iox47hr said:
HawKnPeppa":1iox47hr said:
TransGenderHawkFan":1iox47hr said:
evergreen":1iox47hr said:

No, they didn't.

I didn't think the comment by another poster about a nonexistent pass rush could be topped, but apparently 29 more yards is equivalent to 10x more. I guess I need to learn how to math better.

Clearly we only had 2.9 yards of offense on the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellyman

Reaction score
Marlin Man":264x5ale said:
I think our Defensive co-ordinator forgot to come back out at the half

what a joke

They dominated first half, should he have made more domination adjustments? What adjustments at half should he have done?

Latest posts