Draft Day chat thread

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Is Hall really a better edge rusher than Foskey and Ojulari? This was the only pick so far that puzzled me. I saw one draft report that has him projected third round and needs much work on his technique.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Is Hall really a better edge rusher than Foskey and Ojulari? This was the only pick so far that puzzled me. I saw one draft report that has him projected third round and needs much work on his technique.
In the long run, I think he will be much better. He may not be better than either of them right now today, and he may not have a better first year (he's not as pro-ready as some of the other edge prospects). It's possible this board will be declaring him a bust after season one and pointing out multiple edge rushers we could have taken instead.

He has better raw traits than Foskey, Ojulari, and any other edge rusher in this class other than Will McDonald and Nolan Smith. The 10-yard split and his ability to get around the edge stand out. Give him a year of good coaching and by year 2 we'll be happy with the pick. It's important to be patient with high-ceiling guys like Hall who need to be coached up.

bileever

Reaction score
Many people had Derrick Hall high on their big board. For example, Pro Football Network had him at #38:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-nfl-draft-big-board/

And CBS Sports ranked him at #39:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

Of course, there were people who had him ranked lower, such as Fox Sporrts had him at #48 on their final big board:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/n...spect-rankings-top-100-best-available-players

And Walter Football at #59:

https://walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard

And PFF had him very low at #87 on their big board.

But it would be wrong to say that most people had him projected to go much lower. Some might have ranked him below Ojulari and Foskey, but really, they were all over the map. Nfl.com also had Hall graded just above Ojulari and Foskey.

Scout

Reaction score
You will hear and read different opinion on Hall. But what stands out about him is his toughness and leverage. His pad level is always low and he keeps his hands and feet moving.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
In the long run, I think he will be much better. He may not be better than either of them right now today, and he may not have a better first year (he's not as pro-ready as some of the other edge prospects). It's possible this board will be declaring him a bust after season one and pointing out multiple edge rushers we could have taken instead.

He has better raw traits than Foskey, Ojulari, and any other edge rusher in this class other than Will McDonald and Nolan Smith. The 10-yard split and his ability to get around the edge stand out. Give him a year of good coaching and by year 2 we'll be happy with the pick. It's important to be patient with high-ceiling guys like Hall who need to be coached up.
Okay, but if we’re drafting for raw traits and developmental potential, I’d take Adebawore. His physical skills are elite. But it’s risky to draft developmental projects in the first two rounds. Round 4 would be perfect for him.

Full Metal

Reaction score
Yep. Since 1984. Before that Washington in the Yakima valley
Cool. I'm in Otisville, which is a few miles NE of Flint. We raised our kids in Dearborn Hts and Pontiac. I don't recommend the latter for raising kids.

Love it around Yakima. I was around there regularly when I drove for another company.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score

NCAA football is full of those tweener edge guys who look really great at that level, but who's size and skills just don't translate well to the NFL. They really need a special blend of speed/size/strength to do well. Hopefully Hall has that and can develop more skills to improve his chances for success.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Ade Ade and Wypler in round 4 would make me happy.

Would love to snag Vorhees and let him heal... he'd have been a borderline 1st rounder without the torn ACL. I'd even take him in round 4, just to make sure we get him.

Wouldn't mind coming away with Broeker and/or Braeden Daniels, either.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'd say we probably draft Skinner or A. Johnson with one of our two 4th round picks.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Ade Ade and Wypler in round 4 would make me happy.

Would love to snag Vorhees and let him heal... he'd have been a borderline 1st rounder without the torn ACL. I'd even take him in round 4, just to make sure we get him.

Wouldn't mind coming away with Broeker and/or Braeden Daniels, either.
Vorhees yes.. let him heal and we have a starter next year.
Also, Halls character and leadership is fantastic from what I hear

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Are we doing 108 predictions here? Not seeing much left for DT, so I'm going with Olusegun Oluwatimi. Starting center at U Virginia and Michigan. Named captain at UV, and alt captain at Michigan (sticks with the theme of this draft for Seattle)

He has kicked out to guard, but is more of a natural center.

Scout

Reaction score
I wonder where Karl Brooks will go in this draft.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Okay, but if we’re drafting for raw traits and developmental potential, I’d take Adebawore. His physical skills are elite. But it’s risky to draft developmental projects in the first two rounds. Round 4 would be perfect for him.
Hall isn't just a developmental prospect, I expect he will contribute in year one. I just said he has not hit his ceiling yet and is not as polished as the guys you brought up.

Adebawore was an underwear Olympics warrior. Hall is an on-field warrior. They are also completely different players.

I am not saying I don't like the possibility of Adebawore as a developmental prospect in the mid to late round, I just think Hall was the best edge rusher in the top half of the second. Hall showed production, on-field talent, raw physical traits, and great character and leadership. He was a good pickup.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Anthony Bradford scouting quote:

Sources Tell Us

“I’ll take size and power all day over finesse guards who can move but don’t have any pop to them.” - Offensive line coach for AFC team
Agreed. I don’t need fancy guards. You need that more in a center. I want my guards stout with great balance.

warden

Reaction score
Jalen Carter #9 and Nolan Smith #31 vs Witherspoon #5 and Njiba #20

Thoughts?
A player with character concerns and an undersized 4/3 end. This is a boom or bust draft for the Eagles

Latest posts