Dumbest Non-Futch moves that Ruskell made in Hawks history

warden

Reaction score
McGruff":9hrdc77k said:
sam1313":9hrdc77k said:
McGruff":9hrdc77k said:
It's was my first thought. Alienating the man who is still the best coach this team has ever had was a colossal mistake that led to many of the others.

You are joking, right? You consider Holmgren the best coach still? Um, ok....

Yeah, when Pete has won 4 straight NFC West Titles and brought us a Superbowl trip, maybe then we can talk about him being the best coach ever. Until then, Mike is still the man.

4 Straight division tiles

Holmgren's teams played in a very weak division. Carroll's teams play in a tough division (except year one)

Both coaches went to the playoffs year one, It wasn't till year five when Holmgren returned the Hawks to the playoffs. It only took Carroll to year 3 to return to the playoffs

It was not until year seven for Holmgren's team to win a playoff game. Carroll did that in year one while winning his second in year three

In ten years Holmgren never won a playoff game on the road with the Hawks. Pete has already done that in year 3

In ten years Holmgren never had a team finish in the top ten total defense (yards). Pete has now done it in the last two years

Holmgren took over a much more talented Seahawk team then Carroll took over. Holmgren took over a team with Cortez Kennedy, Walter Jones, Shawn Springs, Chad Brown, Joey Galloway to name a few.

McGruff

Reaction score
Holmgren's teams played in a weak division? Carroll's team won the division with a 7-9 record!

Bottom lines the bottom line. I love Carroll, and if things continue at their current pace, he'll be the best yet . . . But if his career ended today, Holmgren beats him by a country mile.

warden

Reaction score
McGruff":1wio67k3 said:
Holmgren's teams played in a weak division? Carroll's team won the division with a 7-9 record!

Bottom lines the bottom line. I love Carroll, and if things continue at their current pace, he'll be the best yet . . . But if his career ended today, Holmgren beats him by a country mile.

I think you should read my post again, I did say except year one

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":1ld6s0j6 said:
................I'm glad that I don't have to walk on eggshells talking about Tim Ruskell anymore. He really was terrible, but for a few years, that was a touchy subject. It probably still is a touchy subject in one particular neck of the woods.
An example of what often can be wrong with this place. It's our freakin' opinions, not gospel. Even with a knowledgable guy like yourself, it still often boils down to opinion. People here still have a looooong way to go to agree to disagree. I was one of the first here to call for Timmmmaaaaay's head (along with guys like Puntaphille......wonder what happened to him?......must've got sick of being bashed) and I received huge quantitites of shit for it for like a year. But it seemed pretty obvious to me and a few others he was not a good GM. Oh and btw, I would far rather have been wrong about the guy. It would've meant our team would've been good since.
As for his worst mistake, neglecting the o-line is 1 and 1A for my money.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
IMO, Ruskell was a shitty GM who did the worst thing that ever could have happened: He hit a home run in his first at bat. Going to the SB with a rookie MLB gave everyone the impression he knew what he was doing.

Alas...