Eagles trade up to 2nd in draft

HawkGA

Reaction score
cdallan":bpcnj3n1 said:
The Eagles are big stupids.

No kidding. They don't even know which QB they'll get. WTF?

At least from a competitive standpoint all those draft picks are going to the AFC and on top of that to the Browns, so no real concern that there's a sudden powerhouse to rival the Hawks. :thirishdrinkers:

On a related point, has there ever been a draft where the first 2 picks were both traded? Unprecedented!

pehawk

Reaction score
Maybe they're high on Wentz and prefer he doesn't have a star on his helmet (not David, but Dallas)?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Eagles just gave Bradford and Daniel over $51 million in contracts... And then theyll trade an arm and a leg just to draft another QB?

Why are teams so damn desperate for Goff and Wentz?

chris98251

Reaction score
Here is a thought, maybe Denver has a deal with them once drafted they trade him to the Broncos for a swap of 1st rounders and something else. They have been looking at everyone and maybe think they might as well go big with low cost as a draft pick. If Wentz goes to the Rams Elway getting Goff from his Alma Mater isn't a stretch.

mrt144

Reaction score
Laloosh":rel3pldr said:
^^ Wasn't Elway a Stanford guy?

Yes, and it's hilarious to confuse Cal and Furd given their rivalry and how Elway said The Play ruined his college career.

chris98251

Reaction score
My bad it's all California, brain fart today hot here even inside for the first time this year Goff and Stanford for some reason associated.

Still the trade I can see a back door for the Broncos to snag a hopeful Franchise QB.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
kearly":2qu1j1tm said:
That's a lot to give up for Goff and Wentz.
It sure is.Browns win this one by a lot..Some teams never learn

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Decimation":1u9e5bq6 said:
Browns won this trade. They receive:

2016 No. 8 overall
2016 third round pick
2016 fourth round pick
2017 first round pick
2018 second round pick

Pretty good trade for the Browns. Will they do anything with those picks? We'll see.

Obviously the Eagles are going for either Wentz or Goff. Guess that means bye to Sam Bradford!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't know who "won" until we see who they draft and how those players pan out years down the line.

Anyways, teams don't care about winning trades. They make moves desugned to address individual needs.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
chris98251":396dak32 said:
My bad it's all California, brain fart today hot here even inside for the first time this year Goff and Stanford for some reason associated.

Still the trade I can see a back door for the Broncos to snag a hopeful Franchise QB.
No problem on the mix up. I follow ya. I think you could be onto something there. It will be interesting to see if any rumors along those lines surface.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3frttzlv said:
TeamoftheCentury":3frttzlv said:
pehawk":3frttzlv said:
I'm assuming its Wentz. Actually, I hope it is Wentz since him sitting for a year or two is his best chance.
You mean sitting until Bradford goes down. Could be sooner than later. He's had a tough time with the injuries, but got through last season. Maybe there's hope for him.
Guessing Daniel takes over when Bradford gets hurt. Think Pederson is smart enough to sit a small school, small town guy (assuming it's Wentz) for a season.'
Yes, I forgot that Chase Daniel is there now. I think you are correct. He's a good QB - I thought one of the best backups. Now the Philly trade makes less sense to me. I think chrisZipCode might be onto something with the speculation that there's a possible deal in the works for that spot. Drafting one of the QB's for another team.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3j6se36f said:
hawksfansinceday1":3j6se36f said:
TeamoftheCentury":3j6se36f said:
pehawk":3j6se36f said:
I'm assuming its Wentz. Actually, I hope it is Wentz since him sitting for a year or two is his best chance.
You mean sitting until Bradford goes down. Could be sooner than later. He's had a tough time with the injuries, but got through last season. Maybe there's hope for him.
Guessing Daniel takes over when Bradford gets hurt. Think Pederson is smart enough to sit a small school, small town guy (assuming it's Wentz) for a season.'
Yes, I forgot that Chase Daniel is there now. I think you are correct. He's a good QB - I thought one of the best backups. Now the Philly trade makes less sense to me. I think chrisZipCode might be onto something with the speculation that there's a possible deal in the works for that spot. Drafting one of the QB's for another team.
I had never thought of that either but I also am inclined to think ChrisZipCode (LOL) is on to something as well.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Now Bradford is DEMANDING a trade...as if any team would take on that contract. Bradford should allow them to void the contract and return every dollar of his signing bonus if he thinks he has any business "demanding" a trade. He has been overpaid by $50 million already in his career.

getnasty

Reaction score
Here the Eagles do a good job undoing all of Chip Kelly's mistakes and then they turn around and invest a ton of resources in 3 quarterbacks that might all suck, Bizarre.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
When has a team really benefited from giving up this much to move up in the draft? Atlanta (sort of)?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pehawk":1ciwyoiq said:
Maybe they're high on Wentz and prefer he doesn't have a star on his helmet (not David, but Dallas)?
Dallas wasn't drafting a QB even though they should be. While they are wrong about Romo having 3 or 4 good years left, I think they believe he won't snap the clavicle again, which is foolish..... but then again Foolish is Jerruh Jones middle name.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1g5ijfz3 said:
Chippy already traded for him once. Maybe he'll do it again. Kreap isn't happy in Santa Clara, Sammy isn't happy in Philly.....
I could see this.