Earl Thomas enrolled his kids in Austin school district

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":2hek9gns said:
Earl wants a long term deal, it's a safe bet he's not getting one here. He has always had a permanent home in Texas, so it's not surprising. He only stayed in Seattle during the season before all the fiasco started. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

As far as I'm concerned, "the fiasco" started on 2/1/15. Is that what you are referring to because he was living here (during the season) just this year??

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Earl has a lot of ties to Texas. He grew up there, his wife lived there after moving from New Orleans after Katrina, and she even went to community college in Austin. His parents live in Orange, TX.

He may be settling his family there regardless of where he ends up in the NFL, because he might be going through a few "prove it" deals, or bounce around for the best dollars.

Sorry to turn this into a non-story, but it seems like one to me. We know he's not going to stay here, and we also know he doesn't have another 10 years in the league. His daughter is 5 this year and starting school. He's settling his family down where he wants to live after football is over. Nothing to see here.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1y6qoiko said:
kidhawk":1y6qoiko said:
Earl wants a long term deal, it's a safe bet he's not getting one here. He has always had a permanent home in Texas, so it's not surprising. He only stayed in Seattle during the season before all the fiasco started. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

As far as I'm concerned, "the fiasco" started on 2/1/15. Is that what you are referring to because he was living here (during the season) just this year??

As far as I know, he's maintained his Texas residency every off season. Texas has always been what he's called home. I don't think that would change no matter where he signs, which is why I don't see it as a big deal that he'd enroll his kids in a Texas school.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
You don't need to live where you work. I live in Seattle but primarily work in the Bay Area....just sayin.

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":3d01e7w4 said:
Seymour":3d01e7w4 said:
kidhawk":3d01e7w4 said:

As far as I know, he's maintained his Texas residency every off season. Texas has always been what he's called home. I don't think that would change no matter where he signs, which is why I don't see it as a big deal that he'd enroll his kids in a Texas school.

Agree. Except you said...."He only stayed in Seattle during the season before all the fiasco started".

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2ch376k5 said:
You don't need to live where you work. I live in Seattle but primarily work in the Bay Area....just sayin.
Thomas would only be away for around 5 weeks out of the year - he holds out of camp, shows up for 3 weeks, gets injured, and heads back home.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I say his behavior since 2017 when he walked into the Dallas locker room illustrates where he is at. As much as I like Earl, I say get rid of him. He is a distraction. The crap he pulled on the sideline after he got injured was classless. He does not want to be here.

Steve2222

Reaction score
lol at a poster saying trade him to the Browns like the Browns are terrible. The Browns are arguably the best team in the AFC North at this current moment. If you want ET to rot, send him to some place like Oakland or the Jets.

edogg23

Reaction score
Peace out.... sad how little he seems to care about an organization he played soo many years for.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Steve2222":1033emw4 said:
lol at a poster saying trade him to the Browns like the Browns are terrible. The Browns are arguably the best team in the AFC North at this current moment. If you want ET to rot, send him to some place like Oakland or the Jets.

The Browns have had two winning seasons in the last 20 years (since they got the expansion franchise). Two. Let's see if that franchise can have a winning season anytime soon. The last time they did it, George W. Bush was President.

Steve2222

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1mh2w221 said:
Steve2222":1mh2w221 said:

The Browns have had two winning seasons in the last 20 years (since they got the expansion franchise). Two. Let's see if that franchise can have a winning season anytime soon. The last time they did it, George W. Bush was President.

I’m struggling to see what the past 20 years have anything to do with the upcoming 2019 season. How many of those seasons did they have Baker Mayfield? How many of those seasons did they have a young, physically imposing defense?

- Pittsburgh is in free fall mode. Everyone wants out
- Bengals are a dumpster fire right now

The Browns have their best chance to win their division in quite sometime . They are easily a middle of the pack team now. There are much worse teams out and situations than Cleveland.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3ijzfp90 said:
So the way this reads is that he is living in Austin right now and that's why his kids are enrolled. There are over three months left in the school year there.

Additionally, Austin is at least a three hour drive to Dallas.

It's a whole lot closer than Orange, TX which is on the Louisiana border.

Bottom line, the animosity between Mr. Thomas and the Seawhawk FO has risen to "off the charts" territory. If Earl didn't have bad luck....he'd have no luck at all :!:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":2hu43zhx said:
Kid nailed it!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I believe we also have to remember the 'Hawks advised ET to have screws put into his broken leg in '17, to help strengthen the bone. ET refused to have that done and decided to let it heal naturally and we all know what happened next....he broke the same bone again. So why in the world would the 'Hawks sign him again? YMMV

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I believe Earl is a regular sensitive guy whose feelings and convictions run deep, who is an excellent teammate and upstanding citizen.

I also believe that when his adrenaline us up, he can be a complete asshole who speaks and acts without thinking.

Unfortunately, it's the latter part that makes him unfit to continue in Seattle, because in an environment in which players are free to speak their minds, it is up to them to filter what they should and should not share. Earl has no such filter in the heat of the moment.