Earl Thomas is in insane shape

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2w5ffwjp said:
Seymour":2w5ffwjp said:
jammerhawk":2w5ffwjp said:
hawknation2018":2w5ffwjp said:
Earl Thomas, as well as Frank Clark and Byron Maxwell, expected to show up for mandatory mini-camp next Tuesday.

Looks like Thomas is back in Bellevue (Robinswood Community Park) training for his return to the team next week:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjvFa_IDgNB ... en-by=earl

All jokes aside, he does look quicker a year removed from his injury.

All things considered ET needs to get himself here. I get the no show for voluntary OTA events but next week will let us know if there will be a problem going forward. I also get Clark’s situation but have zero clue as the basis for Maxwell staying away.
All three are important to the upcoming season.

I'll call this right now. Earl is a no show in mini camp. That will be his last showing he is serious and the fines to him are minimal ($4,000 per day). That is a drop in the bucket to him, so I think he skips out.

No, not a big deal. He's not going to be here past this season anyway IMO (may still work a trade this year too).
I think he’ll be there and a contract will be ironed out sooner than later.

My prediction is based on him wanting Berry type money. No way they pay him $13M+ per year IMO. We will see. I would love to sign Earl for another 3 years to a reasonable deal. I just don't see Earl budging much (and I cannot blame him either).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":2u6hhws8 said:
Sports Hernia":2u6hhws8 said:
Seymour":2u6hhws8 said:
jammerhawk":2u6hhws8 said:
All things considered ET needs to get himself here. I get the no show for voluntary OTA events but next week will let us know if there will be a problem going forward. I also get Clark’s situation but have zero clue as the basis for Maxwell staying away.

I'll call this right now. Earl is a no show in mini camp. That will be his last showing he is serious and the fines to him are minimal ($4,000 per day). That is a drop in the bucket to him, so I think he skips out.

No, not a big deal. He's not going to be here past this season anyway IMO (may still work a trade this year too).
I think he’ll be there and a contract will be ironed out sooner than later.

My prediction is based on him wanting Berry type money. No way they pay him $13M+ per year IMO. We will see. I would love to sign Earl for another 3 years to a reasonable deal. I just don't see Earl budging much (and I cannot blame him either).
We will see. 8)

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
With the annually rising salary cap, $13 million ain't what it used to be. Still a lot of money to me! :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wanna bet that the NFL sees this and a “random” drug test gets sprung on ET.

Remember when Jon Ryan showed his buff shirtless pics and said he was going to be on American Ninja Warrior, the next day gets a “random” drug test sprung on him.

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":11hga552 said:
jammerhawk":11hga552 said:
hawknation2018":11hga552 said:
Earl Thomas, as well as Frank Clark and Byron Maxwell, expected to show up for mandatory mini-camp next Tuesday.

Looks like Thomas is back in Bellevue (Robinswood Community Park) training for his return to the team next week:

Can someone send this video to the girl? May be Jerry will finally come get him with a 2 rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":2627e6gm said:
Seymour":2627e6gm said:
jammerhawk":2627e6gm said:
hawknation2018":2627e6gm said:

Can someone send this video to the girl? May be Jerry will finally come get him with a 2 rounder.

:roll:
We get it, you hate Earl Thomas. Duly noted.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":17p57ivv said:
I still don't know how anyone can do a front barbell squat. Props.

Keep your back more vertical, let knees go more forward, and you go up and then down. It's actually pretty easy compared to the technical issues on a low bar back squat. It's a good exercise for olympic weightlifters because it is specific to raise out of the clean and press, but there's a lot of debate over the usefulness of it versus another back squat variant for general strength and sports training.

And Thomas appears to be doing it with 155 pounds, which is a weight any healthy adult male should be able to handle. His grip, with the crossed arms usually known as a "California grip", is usually inadvisable.

toffee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2q1eldrr said:
toffee":2q1eldrr said:
Seymour":2q1eldrr said:
jammerhawk":2q1eldrr said:

Shouldn’t all Earl Thomas fans help Earl to realize his dream? Shouldn’t our all pro hall of fame FS deserve to play where his heart is?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":8kwkqa55 said:
Sports Hernia":8kwkqa55 said:
toffee":8kwkqa55 said:
Seymour":8kwkqa55 said:

Shouldn’t all Earl Thomas fans help Earl to realize his dream? Shouldn’t our all pro hall of fame FS deserve to play where his heart is?

Maybe the anti-Earl Thomas fans shouldn’t take things so, so, personally?
Maybe they should stop acting like they have a severe case of “jilted lovers syndrome”?

.....or not. 8)

original poster

Reaction score
hawknation2018":13igmhf5 said:
With the annually rising salary cap, $13 million ain't what it used to be. Still a lot of money to me! :mrgreen:

Peasant :D

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
LargentFan":3n476j8u said:
Lol Earl is hilarious. Am I wrong, or was he trying to look slo-mo at the 22 second mark?

Show this to the 31 other teams so we can get a 1st for him please.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":13jxo45t said:
toffee":13jxo45t said:
Sports Hernia":13jxo45t said:
toffee":13jxo45t said:

Maybe the anti-Earl Thomas fans shouldn’t take things so, so, personally?
Maybe they should stop acting like they have a severe case of “jilted lovers syndrome”?

.....or not. 8)

He doesn't really want to be here, he wants to get paid more.

That's literally all this is, it's weird to me that people want to be fans of players who turn into crybabies when don't get their way.

It's a team game. Peace Earl! His best days are behind him anyway.

adeltaY

Reaction score
He wants to get paid more. Saying he doesn't want to be here is speculation at best. Did Kam not want to be here when he held out? Did Aaron Donald not want to be with the Rams when he held out last year? Duane Brown is a good example of your point, but there were known instances of him clashing with Bob McNairs political views.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
adeltaY":1ageh34j said:
He wants to get paid more. Saying he doesn't want to be here is speculation at best. Did Kam not want to be here when he held out? Did Aaron Donald not want to be with the Rams when he held out last year? Duane Brown is a good example of your point, but there were known instances of him clashing with Bob McNairs political views.

Bingo! A lot of speculation by the ET haters in this thread. He wants to get paid more period.
Show me where he said he doesn’t want to play here, in fact he has said quite the opposite.

His ill timed actions and statement in *allas gets twisted by the haters.

“WHEN SEATTLE IS DONE WITH ME, come get me! The only part that these individuals look at is the last 3 words, and ignore the first part of the statement because it doesn’t fit their narrative.

Seattle doesn’t get better by trading away an all-pro safety for peanuts, it just doesn’t. That might make some butthurt fans feel better but it makes this defense significantly worse.

I’m a Seahawks fan first and Earl Thomas can second. Keeping that in mind I tell Earl that if we can’t get a deal done we are going to franchise you for 2019, 2020, and then take a 3rd round COMP pick when you walk in 2021. So you will be here for 3 more seasons, that is the situation. That is the leverage Seattle has.

edogg23

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3chwx32m said:
adeltaY":3chwx32m said:

Bingo! A lot of speculation by the ET haters in this thread. He wants to get paid more period.
Show me where he said he doesn’t want to play here, in fact he has said quite the opposite.

“WHEN SEATTLE IS DONE WITH ME, come get me! The only part that these individuals look at is the last 3 words, and ignore the first part of the statement because it doesn’t fit their narrative.
Weird I just watched it and he says If you all ever got a chance to come get me come get me.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3do5mm8b said:
adeltaY":3do5mm8b said:

Seattle doesn’t get better by trading away an all-pro safety for peanuts, it just doesn’t. That might make some butthurt fans feel better but it makes this defense significantly worse.

I’m a Seahawks fan first and Earl Thomas can second. Keeping that in mind I tell Earl that if we can’t get a deal done we are going to franchise you for 2019, 2020, and then take a 3rd round COMP pick when you walk in 2021. So you will be here for 3 more seasons, that is the situation. That is the leverage Seattle has.
He said "it ya'll have a chance come and get me". He didn't say "when Seattle is done with me". I think the most revealing tidbit of info about Thomas is the fact that Carroll was shopping him around openly this off-season. Nobody wanted to give us a first rounder, so no deal was made. You don't do that when somebody is supposed to be a cornerstone of your defense, unless there is a deeper issue afoot. I'm actually all for letting the guy walk. He is going to be entering the downside of his career, and he wants to be paid a handsome sum of money. With rumors, and murmurs of him being a problem in the locker room, I don't want any part of him on the Hawks anymore unless he buys in to what Carroll is selling. The fact is, the Seahawks also hold all of the leverage here. The market didn't exactly jump at free safeties, and nobody was willing to part with draft capital. I just don't think the position is highly sought after for whatever reason at the moment. With these factors combined, I think he is an absolute idiot for sitting out, and getting fined. The best way for Thomas to get a big pay day is to have a big year. Right now he isn't worth diddly squat on the free agent market if the tepid responses on other big FA safeties this year was any indication.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Yep, he's in great shape all right... to sit and do nothing.

Hope that it grinds on him to no end.

toffee

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3801af2v said:
Sports Hernia":3801af2v said:
adeltaY":3801af2v said:

He said "it ya'll have a chance come and get me". He didn't say "when Seattle is done with me". I think the most revealing tidbit of info about Thomas is the fact that Carroll was shopping him around openly this off-season. Nobody wanted to give us a first rounder, so no deal was made. You don't do that when somebody is supposed to be a cornerstone of your defense, unless there is a deeper issue afoot. I'm actually all for letting the guy walk. He is going to be entering the downside of his career, and he wants to be paid a handsome sum of money. With rumors, and murmurs of him being a problem in the locker room, I don't want any part of him on the Hawks anymore unless he buys in to what Carroll is selling. The fact is, the Seahawks also hold all of the leverage here. The market didn't exactly jump at free safeties, and nobody was willing to part with draft capital. I just don't think the position is highly sought after for whatever reason at the moment. With these factors combined, I think he is an absolute idiot for sitting out, and getting fined. The best way for Thomas to get a big pay day is to have a big year. Right now he isn't worth diddly squat on the free agent market if the tepid responses on other big FA safeties this year was any indication.

IF you were the GM or HC of a NFL team, would you risk your own job security by paying big $$ to sign someone who one day will make you look like a fool? Someone that will Make it look like you have lost the locker room by pulling a "if ya'll have a chance come and get me"?

So far, other than the girls, NONE is willing to take that risk. And Jerry won’t give the pick Hawks wanted nor the contract Earl wants, why should he? Since it’s a buyers’ market and he is the only buyer?