Earl's surgery.......

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I had the same injury in the same shoulder, and I'm assuming he is right handed like me. The operation is necessary. A torn labrum will not heal, period. Even if you are strong, the shoulder is not going to be stable and you feel weaker. No power even though it's not on your strong side. Sleeping on your favorite side? Forget that! OMG it hurts bad in the morning if you do. Range of motion without it throbbing is impossible. You are limited to what works and what kills.

The surgery is about 1.5 hrs. They had to scrape my bone in there also. I went home the same day. I ditched that sling after a week (Not necessarily the smart thing but that throbbing pain was gone and I was young and crazy). Rehab is the biggest thing. I tell you if ET puts his all into it there is no way it's a 6-8 month thing. The main thing is constant stretching at the most odd angles. It hurts so bad at times but you want to loosen up the shoulder for flexibility. I hated rehab and didn't do all I could have but I'm not on the Hawks. As a result my range of motion is probably 85-90% but the shoulder is strong and no pain. I think ET will be fine and be ready for game 1.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000473797/article/earl-thomas-expected-to-be-ready-for-week-1[/urltargetblank]

Article with video. Rapaport says everyone he has spoken with believes he'll be ready to start the season.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":2xqy3bus said:
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000473797/article/earl-thomas-expected-to-be-ready-for-week-1[/urltargetblank]

Article with video. Rapaport says everyone he has spoken with believes he'll be ready to start the season.

My fingers are crossed.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score

jms71

Reaction score
pmedic920":1jh1jw0u said:
jms71":1jh1jw0u said:
pmedic920":1jh1jw0u said:
Is set for Tuesday.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId= ... rc=desktop

Here's to a rapid recovery.

Do you know where Earl had his surgery and possibly his surgeon?

I do not.
Did you try to Google it?

This is a great read and it does mention doctor and hospital but I don't know if it's thee doc and hosp.
http://www.earlthomas.com/2015/02/25/et ... r-surgery/

Yes I tried Googling and couldn't find any mentions. Dr. Kalfayan is the Seahawk team surgeon. I've had many friends have surgery from him. Based on the Instagram , I don't think he was in the pic.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Jeron Johnson and DeShawn Shead are the only backups with experiencing but they are both FA's. It will be interesting to see whether we pay either, get another veteran somewhere, draft a backup early, or whether one of our 3 youngsters is ready to be on our active roster.

#39 S Eric Pinkins age 23, 6th round 2014
6'3" 4.44 40 (pro day), 10' 6" broad jump

#26 FS Steven Terrell age 24, UDFA 2013 (jags)
5'10" 4.34 40 (pro day), 10'10" broad jump

#37 SS Dion Bailey age 22, UDFA 2014
6'0" 4.62 40 (combine), 9' 5" broad jump

Jville

Reaction score
AgentDib":k3kfbme8 said:
Jeron Johnson and DeShawn Shead are the only backups with experiencing but they are both FA's. It will be interesting to see whether we pay either, get another veteran somewhere, draft a backup early, or whether one of our 3 youngsters is ready to be on our active roster.

#39 S Eric Pinkins age 23, 6th round 2014
6'3" 4.44 40 (pro day), 10' 6" broad jump

#26 FS Steven Terrell age 24, UDFA 2013 (jags)
5'10" 4.34 40 (pro day), 10'10" broad jump

#37 SS Dion Bailey age 22, UDFA 2014
6'0" 4.62 40 (combine), 9' 5" broad jump

Deshawn Shead is an exclusive rights free agent & is expected to remain with the Seahawks for 2015. It is rare for an ERFA to move to another team.

Jeron Johnson on the other hand is an unrestricted free agent.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ET will put 100% into rehab like the football warrior he is. Like others here, I believe he'll be ready week 1, but if he's not it won't be long afterwards.

A

Anonymous

Any Earl news?

I know he is probably in some form of recovery, but I don't do that Tweet thing and was curious...

:les:

Jville

Reaction score
924638_1421820621448406_1987866853_n.jpg
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas/status/570622379614973952[/tweet]

Twitter address >>> [urltargetblank]https://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas[/urltargetblank]

An account of the injury event, play while injured, surgery and ongoing rehab agenda by Earl Thomas III Web site >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.earlthomas.com/2015/02/25/et-iii-has-successful-shoulder-surgery/[/urltargetblank]

Basis4day

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3er7zzdy said:
Any Earl news?

I know he is probably in some form of recovery, but I don't do that Tweet thing and was curious...

:les:

He literally had his surgery less than a week ago.

A

Anonymous

Yes, I know, but was interested in shots of him in a cast and smiling.

Earl laid out in his hospital lounger, a wall of get-well flowers behind him, shades on, feet up, with scantily-clad nurses attending to his every need.

cacksman

Reaction score
nash72":1i3ceqfj said:
I'm betting he doesn't play until midseason which will be a disaster in my opinion. Nobody wants him to come back too early and reinjure himself. Man, could be a tough season.

I'll take that bet! Hell, I'll give you a quarter of the season.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think the best thing to compensate for missing Earl is to figure out a way to keep the offense on the field and put up some more points. It felt like we had a few too many 3 & outs last season. Crank up the TOP in our favor and missing ET won't matter quite as much...

timmat

Reaction score
CANHawk":c86uhn5x said:
I think the best thing to compensate for missing Earl is to figure out a way to keep the offense on the field and put up some more points. It felt like we had a few too many 3 & outs last season. Crank up the TOP in our favor and missing ET won't matter quite as much...

This will be the year our offense needs to take a step forward for us to have a high level of success. I fully believe a D's best friend is a good O line. Too much has been heaped on the shoulders of the D the past 3 years. It's time for the O to play every series like they MUST score, and stop playing to the D. Has anyone else noticed that nearly every time we MUST move the ball (end of games, when we're behind, etc.), it happens? Play with that required sense of urgency every series. I'd like to see better execution within the play design. We lead the league in rushing, but how many of those yards were on busted scrambles by Russ and Superhuman 4 to 5 yd runs by Beast that should have been losses?

The D has took a pounding. Keep Earl and crew on the sidelines a bit more each game please.

sutz

Reaction score
timmat":250pteh6 said:
CANHawk":250pteh6 said:

This will be the year our offense needs to take a step forward for us to have a high level of success. I fully believe a D's best friend is a good O line. Too much has been heaped on the shoulders of the D the past 3 years. It's time for the O to play every series like they MUST score, and stop playing to the D. Has anyone else noticed that nearly every time we MUST move the ball (end of games, when we're behind, etc.), it happens? Play with that required sense of urgency every series. I'd like to see better execution within the play design. We lead the league in rushing, but how many of those yards were on busted scrambles by Russ and Superhuman 4 to 5 yd runs by Beast that should have been losses?

The D has took a pounding. Keep Earl and crew on the sidelines a bit more each game please.
Hard to argue that one. After all, it wasn't the D that failed at the end of 49. The O had a chance to win that one.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
cacksman":h3rviqpq said:
nash72":h3rviqpq said:
I'm betting he doesn't play until midseason which will be a disaster in my opinion. Nobody wants him to come back too early and reinjure himself. Man, could be a tough season.

I'll take that bet! Hell, I'll give you a quarter of the season.

OH NOOOO....we are going empty backfield in DEFENSE too??? :sarcasm_off: :mrgreen: