Eat at Geno's

Polk738

Reaction score
I know the defense let the team down but I have to admit I really like what I saw from Geno Smith this game, his 2 TDs to Lockett were some of the best I've seen, but I think his best play of the game was that audible to call to Walker on his 69 yard TD run, I don't know if was the same play that Penny ran last weekend on 3rd and 16 but it looked very similar. Geno might not have been perfect but I still think he played a great game despite a couple sacks.

sc85sis

Reaction score
3rd downs weren't as good today, but you also have to credit the Saints D. Geno still played a good game. The offense is not the reason we lost today - not even close.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Geno proved he can hang even with strong defenses. Geno Smith is not the Seahawks problem. That's super clear to me.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
He had to play on his feet more this game than previous, but he made it work. That first TD to DK was a thing of beauty, the dime to Lockett maybe even prettier.

I don't know how many times he has to lead a drive to pull us ahead in the second half before we get past the BS that he can't deliver in pressure situations but obviously at least one more time since we have more than a few garbage takes on this board right now.

Defense AND special teams failed again this week. Last week, he was able to overcome it. This week, not so much.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
3rd downs weren't as good today, but you also have to credit the Saints D. Geno still played a good game. The offense is not the reason we lost today - not even close.
Definitely not, DK's butter hands sure didn't help-I don't even know what Dickson was doing on that trick play, could've been a little better in the run game I don't understand why they run so much out of shotgun as it makes Penny very slow to the LOS.

Fade

Reaction score
Geno Smith has been a revelation.

He should be the story of the entire NFL, but Pete's incompetence on defense is robbing him of that.

They have the tools to make a deep playoff run on offense, but it won't happen, unfortunately.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Definitely not, DK's butter hands sure didn't help-I don't even know what Dickson was doing on that trick play, could've been a little better in the run game I don't understand why they run so much out of shotgun as it makes Penny very slow to the LOS.
Pete said that was not a fake and that he was supposed to roll out then kick it. So error on ST that cost us big time.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I know the defense let the team down but I have to admit I really like what I saw from Geno Smith this game, his 2 TDs to Lockett were some of the best I've seen, but I think his best play of the game was that audible to call to Walker on his 69 yard TD run, I don't know if was the same play that Penny ran last weekend on 3rd and 16 but it looked very similar. Geno might not have been perfect but I still think he played a great game despite a couple sacks.
Geno for Prez. ;)

Crizilla

Reaction score
Doesn't matter how good the offense is if the defense is this bad on the field and on the sidelines there's no chance and the offense will just end up getting burned out or injured because they'll need to score 40 a game to win. Why the decision not to force Hill to throw is embarrassing this guy has been in the league a long time everyone knows him. Clint Hurt has gotta go. Also DET got shut out today and we let them hang 40+ on us last week. He's gotta go .

rjdriver

Reaction score
Before the season I think most of us were hopeful that Geno would play within the system and utilize the short routes and middle of the field better than his predecessor.

I also think it was a given that those gains would be at the expense of the long ball/big play throw for which RW was praised. It was an opportunity cost I think this fanbase was willing to accept.

Fast forward to now. Geno has been very adept with his deep accuracy and in this game he threw some of the most beautiful long balls I have seen. Just absolute perfect dimes. His deep ball is vastly better than Denver's QB right now.

I don't care how anti 3/ pro Geno you may have been before the season, you have to admit that is somewhat surprising.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
When he was at WVU he constantly had to score alot of TD's because his defense was also horrible.

Fep2TIAVEAATFRY