*edit* Conflicting reports on Portis arrest (see page 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Seahawks backup quarterback Josh Portis will be arraigned May 28 for driving while intoxicated, after being arrested on May 5.

Portis was pulled over at 9:26 p.m. on May 5 after he was observed driving 80 miles an hour in a 60-mile-an-hour zone exiting the Mount Baker Tunnel on eastbound I-90 in a 2008 Range Rover.

A report from the Washington State Patrol says the officer noticed “a strong odor of intoxicants coming from the vehicle” and that the driver “had watery bloodshoot eyes.”

Portis later submitted to two blood tests and registered blood alcohol concentration readings of .092 and .078. The legal limit in the state of Washington is .080.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... on-of-dui/

UPDATE ON PAGE 4 - Pulled over for speeding but not arrested is the new word

beasthawk

Reaction score
Just saw that.. Friccin dumby. The worst thing that can happen is hapening. Not that Portis will fet activated still sux!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
beasthawk":rbvo66av said:
Why do 49'ers fan post on here..

Trolls bro. They disappeared after the last curb stomping we gave them, now they're out in force enjoying some of the bad publicity we've gotten lately.

Anyway, c'mon Josh!!! :34853_doh:

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1dydzz4u said:
And the hits just keep coming.

Lol. . . Really? Not the practice squad qb! Whoever will wwe find to emulate kaepernicks bicep kissing on the scout team?!

Cartire

Reaction score
Do not care.

that blood alcohol was 2 drinks and he was a dumbass for speeding that high.

Im wondering how many on seahawks.net have had DUI's and have ever gotten a speeding ticket.

Im tired of, because they are Seahawks (or any athlete), they have to adhere to some code that none of us have too ever when we were kids. These are kids in there 20's.

I hate that all this personal information is always distributed so freely though the media. In sure most of you guys in here with DUI's and other mistakes as a child dont want everyone here know about those either. And your not in the spotlight.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3pawjnzw said:
NinerLifer":3pawjnzw said:

Lol. . . Really? Not the practice squad qb! Whoever will wwe find to emulate kaepernicks bicep kissing on the scout team?!

Was referring to the negative publicity that your team suddenly seems to be surrounded by.

At this point if a Seahawk player is caught jaywalking it would probably be taken out of proportion by the media.

Cartire

Reaction score
beasthawk":5zilpfbm said:
Haha! I would never go on a 9'ers board. I just don't care.. Why?

to be honest. I enjoy going to other teams boards. Gives you a good feel for the fans opinions of their teams.

Most people at this stage have a lot of hubris (upper half of the league)

and others are just praying.

But during the season, its fun to watch the butthurt.

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3u39yfd4 said:
Coug_Hawk08":3u39yfd4 said:
NinerLifer":3u39yfd4 said:

Was referring to the negative publicity that your team suddenly seems to be surrounded by.

At this point if a Seahawk player is caught jaywalking it would probably be taken out of proportion by the media.

Yeah, I didn't really take what you said in a negative manner, could just have easily been said by one of us in exactly the same way.

Reaction score
beasthawk":2nywfcae said:
That's you - plenty of us other Hawk fans DO go to other boards to see what people are saying about our team and to get a better breakdown of possible matchups during the season - I never understood why people were so averse to other team's fans making comments unless the other team's fans were out and out trolling.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
NinerLifer":6n21p6t3 said:
Coug_Hawk08":6n21p6t3 said:
NinerLifer":6n21p6t3 said:

And 49er fans, apparently

Throwdown

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":sredydxw said:
beasthawk":sredydxw said:
That's you - plenty of us other Hawk fans DO go to other boards to see what people are saying about our team and to get a better breakdown of possible matchups during the season - I never understood why people were so averse to other team's fans making comments unless the other team's fans were out and out trolling.

Well... You know what? nevermind.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Throwdown":12vc6lvp said:
Chrome_Seahawk":12vc6lvp said:
beasthawk":12vc6lvp said:

Well... You know what? nevermind.

Chrome_seahawk is an advocate for 49ersandseahawks.net

Tical21

Reaction score
The problem here isn't that Portis got a DUI, it is that way too many of our players are getting into trouble of any kind. This is what you fear when you hire a Pete Carroll. OTA's this week is a major opportunity for him to impact this. He has to take a hard line, otherwise it is only going to get worse.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
When it rains, it pours. How does an on-again, off-again practice squad player even have enough money to get drunk in the first place?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":37w4ppha said:
When it rains, it pours. How does an on-again, off-again practice squad player even have enough money to get drunk in the first place?

I know right. How much money do they make anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.