EDIT: RIP Coach Leach

sc85sis

Reaction score
12/13/22 EDIT: Coach Leach passed away yesterday. My condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace. https://www.espn.com/college-footba...i-state-coach-mike-leach-dies-hospitalization

====================================================================================================================================================================

Not much info yet. MS State put out a statement saying Leach had a "personal health issue" at home and was taken by ambulance to the hospital in Jackson, MS and sending out prayers to Coach Leach and his family. But no one is saying exactly what happened, how serious it is, etc., other than rumor and innuendo posts on Twitter that have no sources.

Edit to add an ESPN link: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...i-state-coach-mike-leach-hospitalized-jackson

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

It's confirmed to be at least life-threatening, and those in the know are... being quite somber with their verbiage. Not a good sign.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Horrible news. A true one of a kind man. Sounds like the dreaded widow maker heart attack.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Leach is the kind of nut job that you love rooting against. Definitely one of the times i’m rooting for him though.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Looks like Bill Snyder is confirming the awful news. RIP.

Some great clips here:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I always got a kick out of him myself. Lovably cantankerous, tell-it-like-it-is kind of guy. I found many of his soundbites hilarious. Although I do remember thinking years ago that he didn't seem all that healthy and that I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't live into a ripe old age. Sadly, it has happened. RIP Coach. Gone too soon.