ESPN: Have Seahawks done enough to improve protection of RW?

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3odzkp4i said:
Chapow":3odzkp4i said:
I don't suppose there's any chance we could actually wait and see how the OL looks in pre season before we decide if they've done enough to improve?.

It's April, what else are we suppose to talk about? What's wrong with taking the temperature of fans to see if they're happy with the O-line moves?

Fans have a temperature, I would prescribe a Garlic Enema and lots of Sun and Alcohol with Ice for another month.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So after reading this I'm still not sure exactly what Pete is getting at. Is he expecting Luke Joekle to coach up Fant or is he expecting great long term play out of a guy we signed to a one year deal?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":jyamgxf2 said:
LOL @ Pete sometimes.
According to Pete.....

"If George had to sit for a while, what could be better for him than sitting behind a guy who was a [No. 2] pick in the draft and knows how to play the position?"

Would Bobby Wagner or KJ Wrght have benefited sitting and watching behind Arron Curry? :shock:

Anyway, Joekel was brought in as a known risk, had a major injury, and was considered a bust from the Jags. They replaced him with an UDFA that was clearly better, yet he is good enough for a SB caliber team?

Show me please. This has Bradly Sowell / Webb written all over it IMO.
As Arians said after Cable worked his magic "Looks like the same player to me".

It's too early to really say. But I could see a mix of Webb & Sowell in him, which could be a good thing if it means Webb's aggressiveness and Sowell's athleticism. Webb just wasn't agile enough and Sowell could not learn to hit or sustain blocks with aggression. I do think Joekel is way ahead of those guys in technique. He's also started a lot more games.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic about him. He sure did look solid at left guard last season. The x-factor is the injury. We won't have any real sense of it until training camp and then preseason.