ESPN Jordan Reid's seven-round Mock

dutchcoug

Reaction score

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seen John Michael Schmitz mocked to the Hawks a bunch at #37. Which of course means that won't happen.

Also, one had that DT Calijah Kancy falling to us at #20.

AgentDib

Reaction score
7 round mocks are fun due to how much variance there is in evaluation of day 3 prospects. WR Matt Landers from Arkansas is one of my sleepers and I liked him seeing him go in the 6th round here.

I didn't like the outcomes for the Seahawks much after the second round. Two edge rushers which is overstated as a need for us, and only one corner and receiver in a very deep draft for both positions - neither of whom I like that much.

I would have much rather had RB Zach Charbonnet at #83 over Kelly, and WR Jonathan Mingo at #123 over Washington. I also would have jumped at taking OG Andrew Vorhees who was still on the board at #198 when Reid took the Marshall RB instead.

I do like getting McKee at 151, who I remain high on as a flyer QB. The league has yo-yo'd so far towards mobile QBs that there's value to be had in taking a guy who is just a good pocket passer. Levis gets credit for dealing with a poor situation in Kentucky, but everything about Stanford's offense was even worse from the receivers to the OL to the scheme.

Colby Wooden is an interesting DL prospect. He is listed as a 4i by some sites which is probably why he was mocked to us, but I'm not sure that's a great fit. Wooden is very athletic (9.26 RAS), on the lighter side (273 lbs), and Auburn played him 80% single gap and 20% two gap. Not a bad player but more of a luxury pick as rotational pass rush depth with Dre'Mont Jones. I wouldn't mind taking Wooden so long as we had other picks addressing our DL run defense need.