ESPN Playoff Machine

The Outfield

Reaction score
If you project by power rankings, it has us losing in Minny and Arizona and still getting the 6th seed at 9-7. All hope is not lost.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
There are still a few very plausible scenarios where we could get the #2 seed if we win out. With GB, AZ, MIN, and Seattle all at 11-5.

#2 - Sea (W vs Pit, W @ Min, W @ Balt, W vs Cle, W vs STL, W @ AZ)
#3 - Min (W @ Atl, L vs Sea, W @ AZ, W vs Chi, L vs NYG, W @ GB)
#5 - AZ (W vs SF, L @ STL, L vs Min, W @ Phi, W vs GB, L vs Sea)
#6 - GB (W vs Chi, W @ Det, W vs Dal, W @ Oak, L @ AZ, L vs Min)

Most improbable games for this to happen
Sea win over Pitt and AZ
Min win @ AZ loss @ NYG and win @ GB
AZ loss @ Stl and W vs GB
GB loss @ AZ and vs Min

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Wenhawk":cyavs4ut said:
There are still a few very plausible scenarios where we could get the #2 seed if we win out. With GB, AZ, MIN, and Seattle all at 11-5.

#2 - Sea (W vs Pit, W @ Min, W @ Balt, W vs Cle, W vs STL, W @ AZ)
#3 - Min (W @ Atl, L vs Sea, W @ AZ, W vs Chi, L vs NYG, W @ GB)
#5 - AZ (W vs SF, L @ STL, L vs Min, W @ Phi, W vs GB, L vs Sea)
#6 - GB (W vs Chi, W @ Det, W vs Dal, W @ Oak, L @ AZ, L vs Min)

Most improbable games for this to happen
Sea win over Pitt and AZ
Min win @ AZ loss @ NYG and win @ GB
AZ loss @ Stl and W vs GB
GB loss @ AZ and vs Min

Yep....you hit the nail on the head! Improbable!

OP
OP
ARhawk

ARhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":31gv0jpn said:
I have us end at the 5th seed vs 4th seed (Giants). That would be nice
I don't know. As much as I wouldn't want to go to Green Bay in the first round, playoff Eli is never easy to beat. Either way way we're looking at a difficult road to the Super Bowl. It is very likely that we would have to win in Carolina and in Arizona to make it.

Cartire

Reaction score
ARhawk":9uj7jxs3 said:
northseahawk":9uj7jxs3 said:
I don't know. As much as I wouldn't want to go to Green Bay in the first round, playoff Eli is never easy to beat. Either way way we're looking at a difficult road to the Super Bowl. It is very likely that we would have to win in Carolina and in Arizona to make it.

We havent seen playoff Eli for awhile. I wonder if hes aged well.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
ARhawk":3v97oh53 said:
northseahawk":3v97oh53 said:
Of the likely playoff team I feel like at Carolina and at Arizona are the easier places to play. Going to GB, Min, or NYG will be weather issues and tougher atmospheres.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
If we tied with Green Bay and a third team (e.g. Tampa Bay or Atlanta or St. Louis) for the last wildcard spot, then I believe Green Bay's head to head win over us only applies if Green Bay also had a head to head win over the third team also. Green Bay beat the Rams, but does not play either Tampa Bay or Atlanta this year. So if we did end up tied with Green Bay we would also want to be tied with Tampa Bay or Atlanta, so that conference record prevails as the tiebreaker.

All that to say, I think it still benefits the Hawks to cheer for the Packers to lose, along with Atlanta, Tampa Bay, the Vikings, and the Rams. I don't think any of the other teams in the conference are a threat for the wildcard spots.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Big loss by GB tonight. If w don't win our division it would be great if GB won't be hosting a playoff game as a 5 or 6 seed.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
somehow i came to this...

11986429_10153798799799743_8286633749250233218_n.jpg

Seahawks capture the 3rd seed by winning out with some help. A couple key match-ups allowing this to happen is the Packers going in to Arizona and beating the Cardinals in week 16, as well as the Cardinals getting knocked off in St. Louis vs the Rams in week 13... anything is possible, Right ?

Playoff wise...

Seahawks beat the Falcons here at home as a little "revenge" game fro the loss they suffered a couple seasons ago back in ATL (this time we give it to them in OUR house)

Seahawks then go on to take on the Packers in the chill and tundra at Lambeau and FINALLY get a playoff win in that stadium.

Cardinals take out the Eagles as, well... the NFC East is kinda a joke, and then go on to hand the Panthers their FIRST loss off the year and eliminate them from contention.

Once again we have an NFC West battle up in Century Link to decide who moves on to SUPERBOWL 50

Seahawks face the Patriots in a re-match...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Playoff Machine is pretty much moot if we lose either of these next 2. Our playoffs begin in under 24 hours.

/wetblanket

ringless

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2279qu3s said:
Playoff Machine is pretty much moot if we lose either of these next 2. Our playoffs begin in under 24 hours.

/wetblanket

Actually using the machine there's a ton of scenarios where Seattle gets in at 9-7. Like a ton of scenarios.
Seattle can lose two more games of 6 and basically have a lot of ways to get in. 3-3 Is absolute elimination. 4-2 could easily get Seattle in. 5-1 most certainly does.