ESPN story: NFC West: 5 moves each team should make

randomation

Reaction score
I want Whitworth and a tackle in the first preferably Ram he can play RT for a year while Whit plays left. I also want Cable fired and Walter as his replacement but that won't happen either :(

chris98251

Reaction score
Really screw the public opinion, don't get cute grab Mixon at 26 and we will be good. All is forgiven and forgotten when your hoisting a trophy, Seahawks were bold and saw beyond his youthful errors and grabbed a franchise back will be the news, except Florio of course.

His value is there, it's not a reach.

DJrmb

Reaction score
chris98251":2nuj9hwk said:
Really screw the public opinion, don't get cute grab Mixon at 26 and we will be good. All is forgiven and forgotten when your hoisting a trophy, Seahawks were bold and saw beyond his youthful errors and grabbed a franchise back will be the news, except Florio of course.

I am really coming around on this myself. I would much rather have him in the 2nd round or 3rd but I don't think I would be too mad if both Cook and Fournette were gone and we took him at 26. Mixon is an EXTREMELY talented back that screams feature back in every way and in my opinion he's not the guy that the media will play on tape over and over after he's drafted by whatever team drafts him. He seems like a kid that made 1 bad (absolutely disgusting and horrible) mistake but has learned from it and will never do it again. That's a guy that I can get behind and cheer for. I believe Mixon will be the best RB in the 2017 draft after all is said and done.

massari

Reaction score
chris98251":2nw9hrop said:

I'd love to get Mixon in the 2nd or 3rd, but apparently the Seahawks have a policy of not bringing in anyone who has hit a woman:

(On the team’s policy of not bringing in a player who has hit a woman…) JS: “Yeah, it still is. I can’t get into the specifics of Frank’s case, but that is still a deal-breaker for us, and it will continue to be as we move forward.” http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... nfl-draft/

Cowboys or Chiefs will probably scoop him up.

chris98251

Reaction score
massari":o5kdwium said:
chris98251":o5kdwium said:

I'd love to get Mixon in the 2nd or 3rd, but apparently the Seahawks have a policy of not bringing in anyone who has hit a woman:

(On the team’s policy of not bringing in a player who has hit a woman…) JS: “Yeah, it still is. I can’t get into the specifics of Frank’s case, but that is still a deal-breaker for us, and it will continue to be as we move forward.” http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... nfl-draft/

Cowboys or Chiefs will probably scoop him up.

Losing creates a change of opinion. You could use the we investigated the situation and talked to him, he is deeply remorseful and said he's not that type of individual, a loss of control and emotion for one second and it has marked him for life, he was to find some way to balance the scales and is willing to do whatever it takes etc, etc, etc.

Your still going to have those bleeding hearts that want him hung and crucified, yeah it's not socially acceptable, but hey what about equal rights, if it was a dude would anyone really care? See it doesn't work both ways but we say we want balanced scales.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I have to imagine Mixon is off the Hawks board entirely.

They could have drafted Clark and then Mixon, but it's their total bungling of the drafting of Clark that is still getting talked about (I saw it referenced on The Ringer or ESPN even in the past couple days), and that basically precludes taking Mixon, IMO.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":20m3qf48 said:
.... but hey what about equal rights.....

What about them? All known women beaters should be treated equally and supposedly are here.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It remains to be seen if we draw a distinction between Domestic Violence versus just assault as was Mixon's case.

Even professionals in the field of social work concede there is a strong distinction for Domestic Violence. The act of violence is almost incidental. There is an evil component of control/subjugation that strongly differentiates the two acts.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":ajnfq7sd said:
It remains to be seen if we draw a distinction between Domestic Violence versus just assault as was Mixon's case.

Yeah, I think it's an important distinction too.

That said, knocking a women unconscious because she objected to you using a homophobic slur while verbally assaulting her gay friend is in itself a can of worms, and is reasonably treated as a character concern.

As for "equal rights", I think we should avoid that type of talk as nobody has a legal right to play in the NFL (let alone get drafted in a particular round), but even as Chris meant it, Chad Kelly's draft stock is absolutely affected by getting in a public physical altercation with a man, so even as a "rights" metaphor I don't think it holds.

Largent80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3mmqd94b said:
Attyla the Hawk":3mmqd94b said:

Yeah, I think it's an important distinction too.

That said, knocking a women unconscious because she objected to you using a homophobic slur while verbally assaulting her gay friend is in itself a can of worms, and is reasonably treated as a character concern.

As for "equal rights", I think we should avoid that type of talk as nobody has a legal right to play in the NFL (let alone get drafted in a particular round), but even as Chris meant it, Chad Kelly's draft stock is absolutely affected by getting in a public physical altercation with a man, so even as a "rights" metaphor I don't think it holds.

Is that what this guy did?.....If so, he can walk the plank as far as I'm concerned.

Josea16

Reaction score
Rob12":xtw0u4ak said:
sdog1981":xtw0u4ak said:
Maulbert":xtw0u4ak said:
Screw number 5. Both are 30+ year old backs with a history of season-ending injuries. That's a terrible idea.

You can set your watch to the week 12 Jamaaaaaal Charles knee injury.

If we got 10-11 games of Jamaal Charles, I'd say sign him the second the Chiefs release him. But 83 carries over the past two seasons says he gets hurt way before that.

You're quite the optimist.
Jamaal Charles isn't capable of playing 10-11 games in the same season in the NFL and hasn't been for going on 3 years. Obviously we should draft a running back this year with the priority of being durable because neither Prosice or Rawls are that. Both are situational types not alpha dogs. Just draft someone just like a second cornerback given this draft is loaded at both positions.

*I hope Mixon even is an option for us and we get him just to screw with Largent80's world. I dislike when old people discount young people for life based on a stupid act that isn't uncommon and totally correctable if the perpetrator wants to, at any level of society in the least. Especially without knowing one bit of context of the incident/situation.

*Just a personal observation.

chris98251

Reaction score
You have to do your homework, you don't want Lawrence Phillips part two on your team either.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":2rms62fo said:
You have to do your homework, you don't want Lawrence Phillips part two on your team either.
He's not getting drafted by us. My problem is none of you super smart football guys know jack about his actual situation yet you all are ready with your pitchforks and worse. The media lies and a lot women do the same. Never believe anything you read and believe half of what you see and the latter is becoming the former with a quickness.

chris98251

Reaction score
Josea16":1on52g8q said:
chris98251":1on52g8q said:
He's not getting drafted by us. My problem is none of you super smart football guys know jack about his actual situation yet you all are ready with your pitchforks and worse. The media lies and a lot women do the same. Never believe anything you read and believe half of what you see and the latter is becoming the former with a quickness.

So in reading your last two posts, you have an issue with older people, you have an issue with people that have a understanding of the game of football and feel you have to attack them to support your posts ?

Good thing we were told not to believe anything we read I guess.

(Files for future reference and post credibility.)

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
McFadden is already campaigning for someone to give him a shot. He recently told Sirius that he believes that he can still be a feature back in the NFL.

Darren McFadden: I feel fresh, I still feel like a can carry the load for a team that takes a chance on me..

— SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL) February 16, 2017

McFadden proved that he could carry the load for a team back in 2015. He started that season as a backup, but stole the starting job away from Joseph Randle and rushed for 1089 yards.