Everythings Great. Everybody is great! This is Great!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":25z4d2fo said:
Exactly.

If you do not acknowledge a problem, you cannot fix it. And even if you are hiding the problem from the public (which makes no sense?) if you start saying crap like that you start believing your own crap.

There clearly is a problem, now can we fix it?

Unless this team starts focusing on fixing the passing game (and hinging gameplanning on the performance of your unreliably healthy WR is not a stepping stone to team success) it is going to be watching the SB from stadium seats.

These professional organizations consistently say one thing in press conferences and do another and it mostly works in a team's best interest. The idea that they can't make improvements in something without talking about it in a press conference is not reality.

Why do you guys need lip service so bad? Are you that desperate for validation?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Well, this thread explains to me why the media endlessly publishes the same stupid, lip-service quotes from athletes. Apparently, some people actually care about a QB saying, "Well, you know, it's my responsibility to get us into the end zone, and we just didn't do that today" as if that means anything.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3e5c0h0s said:
Exactly.

If you do not acknowledge a problem, you cannot fix it. And even if you are hiding the problem from the public (which makes no sense?) if you start saying crap like that you start believing your own crap.

Unless this team starts focusing on fixing the passing game (and hinging gameplanning on the performance of your unreliably healthy WR is not a stepping stone to team success) it is going to be watching the SB from stadium seats.

Who says he's not acknowledging it? This guy is the first one in the film room and the last one to leave. I'm sure he knows he hasn't been playing up to his usual self as of late. But what do you want him to say in a press conference?

"I sucked.. man so glad the defense bailed me out! Cause wow! I really really sucked!"

This guy is the leader of the team. He has to carry himself the same way when he throws for 400 yards as he does when he has a bad game.

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3d5c5dbz said:
I'd rather the team fix their problems in the meeting and film rooms than in a media interview.

You win the argument. I think that sum sit up.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone thinks, RW is his own worst critic and has repeatedly proven that he can get it done when it matters. No one will be working harder to get the Hawks a win on Sunday.

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2crq9awe said:
TwistedHusky":2crq9awe said:
Exactly.

Who says he's not acknowledging it? This guy is the first one in the film room and the last one to leave. I'm sure he knows he hasn't been playing up to his usual self as of late. But what do you want him to say in a press conference?

"I sucked.. man so glad the defense bailed me out! Cause wow! I really really sucked!"

This guy is the leader of the team. He has to carry himself the same way when he throws for 400 yards as he does when he has a bad game.

I see your point of view here, but let me expand.

If I'm at work on a project in lead of a team and the project is not working well in one area. It's my responsibility for identifying the problem (which provides confidence to the audience I know what's going on), and 2 how I'm going to fix it.

NOW, I'm not saying in an interview he HAS to say how they are going to fix it, as that would give a strategic advantage to the other team. But as the "consumer" of this product, yes, I do feel the team has SOME accountability to me as I generate revenue for the team.

There is nothing wrong with Russell stating there are improvements in the offense necessary, and that they have a PLAN on how they are going to do that.

You bar none, period, end of sentence can not make any changes until you first identify and then admit there is a problem. (My opinion of course)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You don't show weakness or doubt to your opponent before a championship game just to appease anxious fans.

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
If we win on Sunday, will there still be doubt? Of course. We all watched the game and want an offense that dominates. Russell is only telling the media what they want to hear. If we finished 2-14 I think even Russ would find a way to spin it as a positive. When they sit in and watch film I bet they say the same things the fans say. I feel they all take it seriously and losing is not an option.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
This is just stupid, you want him to throw his team mates and/or coaching under the bus? lol. In the post season? Before a NFCCG?

Even Kaepernocchio is classier then this.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I just crack up at all the keyboard coaches and media representatives making these asinine posts...Hey, if you think you can do better, then go ahead and apply for the job of coach(O.C.) or jump right out there and play QB yourself...

Sheesh people....take a chill pill. :141847_bnono:

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
idahohawk":3vs8b5j6 said:
Some of you guys need to step away from the keyboard and go for a walk. This guy is the best QB/Leader this franchise has seen in a long, long time. The guy is a winner, outworks everyone, never quits, visits children's hospitals every week... yet some of you just look for ridiculous crap to criticize. He's not perfect. Nobody is. But sheesh, let's get a grip.
Great post Simon. Especially when the game. Plan was to run the ball. In the second half because of the weather.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3ogx7spv said:
I just crack up at all the keyboard coaches and media representatives making these asinine posts...Hey, if you think you can do better, then go ahead and apply for the job of coach(O.C.) or jump right out there and play QB yourself...

Sheesh people....take a chill pill. :141847_bnono:
Great post.

Exittium

Reaction score
At least PC admitted he wasn't happy about the offense "shrug" so they know, all we can do as fans is accept the fact they know offense is very lacking or MIA at times and fix it.

Teqneek

Reaction score
Time to step out of this forum until next off season.. To much stupid floating around. please ban this ip, my mac address and my email.. good god

warden

Reaction score
Russell Wilson could not give a chit about personal stats. He will gladly take another 100 yard passing game with a win. Style points are not important, wins are, following coaches game plans is important.

warden

Reaction score
Teqneek":xn0j6zcd said:
Time to step out of this forum until next off season.. To much stupid floating around. please ban this ip, my mac address and my email.. good god

Agreed

keatonisballin

Reaction score
277 yards of offense yesterday. Only 100 in the air sure, but we WON. He made the throws necessary to win. A little too close for my taste but still. Ill take an ugly win over a pretty loss 1000 times out of 10.

Id love if we were playing Offense like the end of last season but our D is so much better than from that same time period.

gargantual

Reaction score
bmorepunk":160qdub0 said:
Why do you guys need lip service so bad? Are you that desperate for validation?
Don't we all!

loafoftatupu":160qdub0 said:
I don't care what anyone thinks, RW is his own worst critic and has repeatedly proven that he can get it done when it matters. No one will be working harder to get the Hawks a win on Sunday.
<< -- This!

......and I agree with Kelly Bundy.

Even Kaperpick wouldn't throw his teammates (coaches or even HIMSELF) under the bus like that! RW has to just
EXUDE confidence. You can BET your patootie that everyone at that Renton facility is aware and putting their 110% effort and urgency into this. I have absolutely ZERO doubt about that. I'm concerned as well, but Russell and everyone else has been working non-stop on getting this done since we left Atlanta last year. This will be their absolutely BEST EFFORT next week.

Take that to the BANK!!!