Ex-Hawk Maragos Wins $43.5 Million Lawsuit

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Not much detail in the article, but won’t be shocked if it’s reduced significantly on appeal.

In football years he was old and broken prior to the surgery. No surgeon can reverse that and it reads as if the operation went fine. Seems the argument is that they should have known the meniscus would cause future issues?

Torc

Reaction score
"Special Teams Ace".

Who? I don't recognize the name. Is my memory failing me?

byau

Reaction score
"Special Teams Ace".

He was pretty well liked in Seattle from what I remember, he worked hard on special teams

Though the only memory I have of him is this play when he was already on the Eagles, Hawks vs Eagles, kickoff to the Eagles .. and Kam Chancellor laid a hit!! Kam then took the football and started marching around with it like he pulled someone's heart out Mortal Kombat style! But anyway at the end you see Sherman come up to Maragos and say hi and I think a few other Hawks did but the camera cut away.

Considering that's my only memory of him, yeah maybe not a Special Teams Ace, but I think well liked by teammates

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
He was a strong part of special teams- and captain I believe- for quite a few seasons. He was a very good ST player. I recall things went downhill dramatically for a while after they let him go.

KinesProf

Reaction score
"Special Teams Ace".

It might be.

He was an awesome special teams player for the Hawks, and a captain for the Eagles.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
I just don't understand why people would want to be a doctor, like couldn't anyone just sue you any time something went wrong? Seems to me I'd just have everyone sign an agreement they can't sue me otherwise they can find someone else to operate on them...obviously I don't understand how it works but at first glance...

Chapow

Reaction score
I just don't understand why people would want to be a doctor, like couldn't anyone just sue you any time something went wrong? Seems to me I'd just have everyone sign an agreement they can't sue me otherwise they can find someone else to operate on them...obviously I don't understand how it works but at first glance...

That's why doctors have professional liability insurance (aka malpractice insurance).

bloodkingg

Reaction score
That's why doctors have professional liability insurance (aka malpractice insurance).
Sure, but who has to pay that (probably very high) premium? The hospitals, the doctors, or effectively is this why our medical bills are always so high? So these people who go in knowing the risk but yet sue, are effectively passing on their bad decision making to the average Joe? Like sorry Chris you didn't make the right decision but thanks for skyrocketing the American health care costs.

Latest posts