Ex-Hawk Turbin picked up by the Browns

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Poor guy. I never was a big supporter of Turbin but the Browns? That's just mean. :twisted:

Seafan

Reaction score
I liked Turbin but when he got hurt I knew he was gone. Last year of his contract and the team is ready to move on. Jackson will make us forget him. I'm not surprised Cleveland grabbed him because they are really terrible at drafting running backs. Turbin has been a solid backup here and when he's healthy should help the Browns.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
This is great for Turbin; he is going to get paid a real salary this year. I am happy for him. A lot of people would live in Cleveland for three months for the opportunity to make $660k.

There is still a chance he could sign for around the league minimum next season. His ceiling is low as an every down back, but he is a dependable player who doesn't drop balls and makes solid pass blocks. He actually did show some improvement in breaking tackles and reading his blockers toward the end of the last season. There is a place for a player like Robert Turbin in this league. Look no further than Fred Jackson's 9+ year career.

McG

Reaction score
sc85sis":w3ulm1gx said:
irfuben32":w3ulm1gx said:
#bicepfumble
He had one fumble as a RB and one as a KR in three years. Fumbling is not Robert's issue.

Exactly, he just had no agility as a runner. Not to mention his running vision is way below average. He is too top heavy and goes down WAY too easy for a guy as strong as he is. His body isn't proportioned properly to be an effective RB in the NFL. I always thought he should have switched to FB and put on like an extra 15-20 pounds on his midsection and lower body. He would have been an excellent FB if he gained the weight and focused strictly on lead blocking.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man, I can't get over this. I am pretty upset about this for some reason. Really liked Turbin, hopefully they find a way to get him back next year as a FA.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
We need a better back out of the backfield and protective blocker while Lynch is in the game....Jackson will provide that.

Rawls is a hungrier, more aggressive runner, so we should be OK.

It's really a battle of Michael vs Turbin on which backup, does better elsewhere. I don't think either cracks the starting lineup elsewhere, but will contribute.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Basis4day":15atki6z said:
What is with the Browns and claiming so many of our waived players?
Who cares, everyone they've claimed has either been a total spare, injured, and usually both. None have ever done squat for them (predictably), and now they're going to pay Robert Turbin to be injured, just as they did with Michael Bowie. That's some savvy general management right there.

TwilightError

Reaction score
He might get a chance to start. Browns lack a solid no. 1 RB. Good for Turbo, not a threat to us, win-win.

Seahawk

Reaction score
I always felt that Turbin never really materialized as a RB.
It's mostly because I think Giacomini would Hold on purpose every time Turbin got a good run so as to 'protect' Lynch as the main RB. When Giacomini was bounced, I thought maybe then Turbin would be able to shine. I guess he was always just that bad.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm not all that sorry to see Turbin go, but I feel bad for him that he's going to the Browns.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3212uybh said:
Terrelle Pryor told Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com that the Browns have claimed running back Robert Turbin off of waivers from the Seahawks. The Browns have confirmed a move that Pryor predicts will come back to haunt them.

“This will be a mistake by them,” Pryor said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... or-browns/
Wow! What a douche thing for Pryor to say. Definitely shows a lack of leadership.

DJrmb

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":bbo82udz said:
hawknation2015":bbo82udz said:
Terrelle Pryor told Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com that the Browns have claimed running back Robert Turbin off of waivers from the Seahawks. The Browns have confirmed a move that Pryor predicts will come back to haunt them.

“This will be a mistake by them,” Pryor said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... or-browns/
Wow! What a douche thing for Pryor to say. Definitely shows a lack of leadership.

I actually don't see how that's douche? I guess it kind of depends on how he meant it but I didn't take it as anything against Turbo but more just confidence in himself and in becoming a great starting WR (which he certainly has the raw physical talent to be). I hope it puts a chip on his shoulder and drives him to work even harder on becoming a legit WR in the NFL.

Hawks46

Reaction score
he's the same height as Matthews, but weighs almost 20 lbs more, and is much faster.

I don't know how good of a route runner he is at this point, but when he was here, he didn't want to switch to WR. If he had, we might be seeing him instead of Mathews on the squad.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With Turbo being picked up with a waived injured designation are the Hawks responsible for a portion of his salary or is he a straight forward waiver claim and thus totally the responsibility of Cleveland?

I suspect my question is obtuse but I confess not being clear as to what happens when a player is waived injured.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pryor is referring to the mistake the Browns are making by waiving him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":1czsqyss said:
Poor guy. I never was a big supporter of Turbin but the Browns? That's just mean. :twisted:

My sentiments exactly. No one deserves Cleveland.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I expected that this would be his final year and after that he would be picked up by a bottom dweller to be a potential starter.

Weird to see how Turbin and Michale could develol into starters for other teams this season while most thought they would just be our back ups this year.