Extend Kelenic?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Is it time to extend Kelenic to a big Julio-type extension? Or would you rather we wait it out and see how he does throughout the rest of the season?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Kelenic is still under pre-arbitration for the next 3 seasons. Meaning, he has little leverage in contract negotiations. It probably doesn't make much sense to talk contract until 2025.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They tried to extend him before he came up originally (ala Evan White). He said no, he wanted to wait. They pissed him off by playing the arbitration clock game with him his rookie year. Which Might come back to bite the M’s in the ass in the future like I said it might, back then. Hope I’m wrong about that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I want to see how he reacts to his first big slump after this hot streak. You know it's coming, every player has them. I think they should be patient for now.
They haven’t been pitching him in much. Everything is away and he’s crushing it. It will be interesting once that happens and how quickly he adjusts.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They haven’t been pitching him in much. Everything is away and he’s crushing it. It will be interesting once that happens and how quickly he adjusts.
He hit one HR yesterday that was in to opposite field..
I'm impressed and I think he has figured out what it takes finally.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He absolutely has figured it out. And has grown up a ton. When the time comes, an extension will def. be a smart move. At least they are not under pressure to do it for a couple years. Then again, if he lights it up consistently, waiting could cost more. Either way, I'm proud of the kid. And he's only 23. I still stick to my opinion that they brought him up way too early.

Latest posts