FA you most wanted that we didn’t get

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
For me the answer is Hunter Henry. Yes, we probably didn’t even look at him much if at all all. I think he is a long term difference making TE. This is not a comment on our new TE. It’s just the guy I wanted most that we did not get.

xray

Reaction score
Does myself count ? :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
xray":2vjhh261 said:
Does myself count ? :D
Can you play corner, get your head around and play the ball while it’s in the air?
If so, you should have a helmet and practice Jersey.

massari

Reaction score
Leonard Williams. But seeing the price he signed for, I'm glad they didn't go down that road.

For the price Haason Reddik signed for, he's probably the top one for me. He's perfect for the Bruce Irvin role which is SAM on first and second down, DE on third down.

Rat

Reaction score
Shaq Barrett would have been my dream target, but I didn't have any delusions of that actually happening. More realistically, I was hoping we'd make a run at Romeo Okwara, who didn't seem to even consider anything other than re-upping with the Lions. Need a corner badly, but the market there was terrible.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I thought this was a reasonable premise for a thread. No-one is calling the FO stupid by saying I wish we had got this guy because reasons.

Own The West

Reaction score
Dikembe Mutumbo in 1996.

Instead we got Jim McIlvaine for $100k/yr less. :roll:

Not bitter about that at all...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This thread will get better with age.

It doesn't have to be great now.

It will be interesting midseason to see who was available and who might have been channeling their inner-Nostradamus.

I don't think he was a fit but I think one of the few guys that had a chance of somehow making this is team that could make it past the divisional playoff round was Julio.

Just making it to the conference game would have been worth almost whatever he cost. But it was a thin hope because like Graham, I don't think he would have been used right here.

Apparently, the Seahawks inquired about him and just got their offer rejected. So it wasn't as if they did not try, apparently just outbid.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Own The West":3dypaylo said:
Dikembe Mutumbo in 1996.

Instead we got Jim McIlvaine for $100k/yr less. :roll:

Not bitter about that at all...
Along those lines...
Dave Justice in 2001. Him on the Mariners and not on the yanks = Seattle World Series appearance.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Warren Moon, back when he left the CFL for the NFL. Would have changed the entire history of this team imo.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2089illk said:
Warren Moon, back when he left the CFL for the NFL. Would have changed the entire history of this team imo.

They enquired, but didn't want a long term deal, more a prove it situation, that and Knox I think was the coach and he really never went after QB's, was happy with Krieg as a Game Manager type handing the ball off. If there was a coach that would have give him a chance though I think Knox would, he had just coached the Rams with James Harris.

Erebus

Reaction score
If we're just talking about this offseason, I wanted Corey Linsley and really thought they'd go after him. He would've been a big upgrade at center. Russ complained about getting hit and Pete said he wanted to run the ball better. Linsley could've helped in both areas.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I was pretty upset when we didn't draft Elena Delle Donne to play TE, but I didn't make my own thread about it !!!

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
This isn’t a bash the FO thread. I have plenty of issues with them. This is more a “what player would you have liked most we didn’t get” thread. I don’t bash because they didn’t go after Hunter Henry. I just think he has the potential to blow up and be a HoF player. But the FO has their own priorities and plan.

I can start a new thread to bash the FO if you want. I see all the fan on fan thread violence is triggering the poor victims who answered earlier in the thread.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3nnqxsj7 said:
Solid. :2thumbs:

balakoth

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3grx6fjn said:
The entire league misses out on a guy, but it's Seattle who is stupid.
Dot net in a nutshell

YOU Sir... are .net in a nutshell.

Can't read the post... takes knee jerk reaction comment to another level

balakoth

Reaction score
I forgot though.. we can't argue, debate or do what if things here.. without some triple digit poster failing to use reading comprehension. Imagine that.

Edit.. my bad.. 30k posts.. and still being this way.. R... O...F...L

Latest posts