Facts about Super Bowl tickets

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
This is what ive found out so for by checking the internet and talking to a broker and follwing ticket broker sites for the last 8 super bowls.
Face value prices
$500.00. Only 1,000 sold. League lottery tickets that can only be picked up at met life
$700.00 up deck rows 20 and up
$800.00 rows 1-20
Not sure what the prices are closer to the 50 yard line.
$1,200.00
1,500.00 I believe lower end zones.
$2,600 40-50 yard line in the 100 and 200 level

Starting ticket prices for this yrs Super Bowl, JUST TO GET INTO THE GAME, are lower then most yrs. there is usually a spike in prices the day after the championship games. this year there wasn't a spike at all.
A lot of brokers are selling tickets they don't even have yet. They are selling section and price range and plan on getting tickets when they go down even lower from fans who can't get rid of them by themselves. They will ship those tickets out next week. Ticket prices will continue to drop until the beginning of next week. The broker I spoke to says they will spike up next tue, we'd and Thursday when people get scared because they don't have tickets yet. Prices will drop A LOT next Friday, sat and Sunday.
Tickets are selling very slowly right now.
On all the sites combined there were 15,000 on sale yesterday
Today there are 14,800. I'm sure More then 200 were sold but more people added tickets to the sites.
Tickets are a lot higher now because Most people won't fly across the country without a ticket. Come next week when tickets go lower, air fair and hotels will be higher so they'll be out of luck. People will decide to save the money and buy a big screen tv to watch the game.
So, if your willing to hold out, you will save a lot of money.
For an example-when the giants played the pats in the Super Bowl, the get in price started at $4,500.00 each. Ny and Boston--- 2 big money cities, but since the game was played in Arizona. nobody wanted to travel without a ticket and the day of the game tickets were going for face value. This also happened in Indianapolis the second time they played.
If I had to guess, the day before the game, the $700 and $800 tickets will sell for a $1,000.00 and the higher price tickets will be a little above face value also.
Don't buy tickets now. The tickets will come down.

If anyone has anything to add, please go right ahead.
Good luck

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
The tickets I got were 1,000 each iam in second level row two

OP
OP
F

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Jerseyhawk,
Im guessing those are in the end zone. I sat there for the seahawks giants game. Great seats.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
No section 236 favors more the fifty than the ends zone but hey I can't complain it was the best avaible when I got them.... And parking permits are already up to 175 but its once in s lifetime so nothing is stopping me now!!!!

SH-60B

Reaction score
We have upper end zone tickets (row 23) and they were $800. I also saw upper level corner (row 11) for $1000.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
That's how much money they were when I bought them I have them in hand already from the NFL fan ticket exchange

OP
OP
F

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Wow, those are ticket exchange tickets. That's awesome. I'd rather be there then the lower level tickets.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
I know lower rows of level. 2 are way better there is only one row of people to see over and you get better view than the lowet levels

Reaction score
SH-60B":136ym6j6 said:
We have upper end zone tickets (row 23) and they were $800. I also saw upper level corner (row 11) for $1000.
What site did you purchase your tix thru? Same site you saw the $800 ones? Thanks

SH-60B

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":27jbitvr said:
SH-60B":27jbitvr said:
What site did you purchase your tix thru? Same site you saw the $800 ones? Thanks

Sorry, I was just referring to face value prices. I purchased them through work (we get offered extra tix when they're not being used for clients).

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. This helps me when I plan to buy at the last minute knowing face value. Why so hard to get details on face value prices.

OP
OP
F

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Not sure why so hard to find the face value prices There might be othere prices other then the ones I posted but I'm pretty sure the 2 highest prices are 1,500 and 2,600

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":3n2kvple said:
Not sure why so hard to find the face value prices There might be othere prices other then the ones I posted but I'm pretty sure the 2 highest prices are 1,500 and 2,600

Me too. And as far as I can gather, even thought 200 sidelines are club seats, nfl put a 2600 face on them or even lower. I spent some time today to review ticket images with little success.

mikehawks

Reaction score
I'm checking for Superbowl tickets too, but I'm not paying $3,000 for nose bleeds. Maybe $1,000...maybe... I kinda want to go...

maporsche

Reaction score
mikehawks":2fo2ms4p said:
I'm checking for Superbowl tickets too, but I'm not paying $3,000 for nose bleeds. Maybe $1,000...maybe... I kinda want to go...

They are going for about $2000 right now (although I lost a pair on ebay for $1625). They will not get down to $1000 unless you buy them ON gameday. Maybe not even then.

djb28

Reaction score
I am in the front row, Section 1 seat 1. and it is Leather. 150 inch Projection screen.
I wish I could have gone. But I would have had to take the family and I dont want to take out a 2nd Mortgage.

I can not drive there and hope for cheap tix and then not get them. Jealous of you who are going . Have a good time!

andyh64000

Reaction score
I have to go to EWR on business on the Monday after the Superbowl...my wife is trying to convince me to go early and buy a ticket to the game.

I did some Searching. Best I found was $2k for mid top level on the 20 yard line but you had to buy 2 tix.

OP
OP
F

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Andyh64000, I really don't care if you go or not but Did you read my post. It basically says if you want a cheap ticket---wait until next sat. Or Sunday. We all know what they are going for now. Not sure what hotels are going for near Newark, fly into Newark on sat and see if you can get a cheap ticket. If you can't. Take the train into manhattan, enjoy the nfl experience and watch the game in the city

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
My thoughts for the day.

So I have been tracking tickets for sale since the 13th - yes, i had faith - i booked my flight on points on jan 2nd and hotel also.

Did not bother tracking prices earlier as i did not want to jinx things.

So from what I gather, tiqiq is not scraping either tickets for sale on stubhub or ticketexchange – scrapes from other places that you can see on their site (razor gator, ticketnetwork, vividseats, prime etc. (and of course ebay, which there are some very reputable sellers on ebay still…). You can read up about how tiqiq works. Very useful site IMO.

So since I have been tracking sales, keep in mind, this is only at one point in time on Jan 18, there were 3900 tickets for sale on Stubhub. On the 21st that jumped to 6080. Since then, the number on sale at Stubhub, Tiqiq and TE has been, respectively, in rough numbers at about 4pm EST, Jan 21 (5800, 17000, 2700), Jan 22 (4920, 14509, 2580) and yesterday (5000, 14000, 2700). I actually see almost 3000 for sale on ticketexchange this morning…so as people get their tix, they appear to be putting them into the pool.

In my view, now that you see actual seat numbers for stubhub listings, I suspect brokers selling on stubhub on the 21st and 22nd were able to get back into the market to cheaply fill the zone tickets they had for sale. So if you bought on these days, you may have lined the pocked of a broker…

Also, a few examples of price declines using stubhub prices for 2 seats, Jan 18 then Jan 21, 22, 23 and this morning (again, point in time as I have seen some lower than the lowest noted in some cases)

Upper endzone – 2550, 2574, 2440, 2199, 1841
Upper prime – 3870, 3424, 3424, 3375, 2792

Now this is some moderation.

Personally, I am looking to buy club seats on the seahawks (I’m a wimp when it comes to cold weather) side or lower bowl tickets on the 30 or so yard line…[sure, it might be a pipe dream, but I think I can get these tickets close or below face value)… ;-) whose da fan now!! except seahawks fans are making that hard since the broncos side tix are cheaper….[come on guys…;-)]

This is a long way to say the OP is bang on and I will be playing the waiting game. Even if that means not buying until in NYC…although I have a confirmed reservation at the seahawks http://www.feilenyc.com/

One more thing, I think that this superbowl could see tickets get really low. I spectulate that this is because for those that are willing to wait and suppose they do not go as low as they want, I am treating the trip as a trip to NYC with my brother in law away from our kids and wives..[sure it would be great for them to be with us as my daughter has more seahawks gear than I do….] but a fun weekend away and perhaps that mentality will push prices lower.