Fantastic article on how good Wilson is

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Just got done reading this. I have to say it was a really good article that highlighted a few things I had not seen before..check it out
[url=http://www.fieldgulls.com/sea...w.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-anal ... ks-packers[/url]

Here is one snippet I have rarely seen mentioned anywhere

For Most of the Season, Seattle's Offense Outperformed Its Defense

People think of the Seahawks as a great defensive team. So many of its star players play on defense. But consider ...

Weeks Seattle's Defense Outranked Seattle's Offense by DVOA: 8 (and one week was a tie, so 8-7-1)

I excluded Efficiency Rating simply because it's very hard to navigate ANA's archives. The numbers are typically very similar.

Seattle's defensive efficiency only caught up with and surpassed Seattle's offensive efficiency down the stretch. In Weeks 1-5, 7, 10 and 11, Seattle's offense was the better unit.

And if you'd like to go even further down the rabbit hole, consider that Seattle's offense helped its defense by fielding the third best team in the NFL by offensive time of possession per drive, and overall best offense by turnovers a drive. Seattle's defense was well rested and rarely ever played on a short field. In fact, opponent starting line of scrimmage against Seattle was the worst in the NFL.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Football is the ultimate team game. It's so simple, but so many seem to forget that. These Hawks are leading the way in proving that point with all 3 phases crucial to the final result.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Iron sharpens iron, Our offense goes against the best defense in the NFL every day in practice so when they play other defenses it makes it much easier for them. This is what most people are missing, and an underrated factor.

Latest posts