Farewell article from Russell Okung

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Lol the guy who is injury prone, penalty prone, and went to our old bitter rivals

I'm a fan of the game and I still have hatrid for The Broncos.

You say Okung was the best O-lineman lasty year? Well our whole O-line completely sucked. If John Schneider AND/OR Pete Carroll wanted him back he would be back here.

I capped AND/OR bc all it would have taken was either one to say we have to have this guy. Both look at the game tape, or lack there of(injuries) and made the smart move not to invest in an above average player at beat.

I'm glad he's gone. I don't need to read a farewell bc he won't be missed.

Now read the signature.....

chris98251

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":24mydx8b said:
mrt144":24mydx8b said:
Zebulon Dak":24mydx8b said:
Damn bro who pooped in your popcorn?

Some people can't handle a breakup graciously.

Sorry. I won't miss him. It's a happy break up IMO

I guess he got the dog in the break up and you the Holiday Barry Manilow album huh?

Seahawker86

Reaction score
chris98251":ozj8kkna said:
kthebestwayw":ozj8kkna said:
mrt144":ozj8kkna said:
Zebulon Dak":ozj8kkna said:
Damn bro who pooped in your popcorn?

Some people can't handle a breakup graciously.

Sorry. I won't miss him. It's a happy break up IMO

I guess he got the dog in the break up and you the Holiday Barry Manilow album huh?

Wow that was almost a good one...

Chapow

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":1qicetk1 said:
Chapow":1qicetk1 said:
kthebestwayw":1qicetk1 said:
He could have been part of something great. This "farewell" is just to save face with the fan base so he can sleep at night.

Good riddance

He was part of something great. A Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Championship.

And it's too bad you're too bitter or whatever to read the letter, I believe it absolutely was sincere and had nothing to do with saving face with the fan base.

So was Percy Harvin. What's your point?

You said he could have been part of something great. I corrected you because he was part of something great. That's what.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'll still never understand why he chose to represent himself and accept such a terrible contract.

If he truly felt this way about the seahawks, why not come back and give Schneider a chance to match that contract?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":2sopr4xb said:
I'm not even going to bother reading this. He could have stayed. He could have not signed such a God aweful contract which is basically a 1 year deal.

Good riddance to all his false starts, bad ankles, and holding penalties on big running plays.

This offense line last year was horrific. If you think it could have gotten worse this year you are wrong. Sweezy gets beat. Okung false starts and is always hurt.

Remember when we complain after RW rookie yearabout the pass rush? Remember that's what PC talked mostly about at the end of the year? Pass rush pass rush pass rush. Well this year it's the O-line. We've brought in some FAs on prove it deals. These have worked for us in the past and I believe it will work again for us.

I hope Okung likes playing in mile high in December who a crappy quarterback.

He could have been part of something great. This "farewell" is just to save face with the fan base so he can sleep at night.

Good riddance

God Gawd Gerty, it's called compartmentalizing! Read up on it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Just read it. Very thoughtful, humble and grateful. Well done.