Farewell Chris Carson. Thank you for your service!

W

Welshers

With the Walker pick, Chris Carson is gone. They will release him and free up the money. I feel bad for the guy because he really put his body on the line for this team. He had a couple really great years. Nothing but the best my man.

Really feel bad for Chris. He messed up his body bad for this team. But it's best for this team to let him go. Oh well.

PNW

Reaction score
Curious how much he got from his new contract, I hope he got a decent amount at least, like maybe a signing bonus? He deserves it.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Curious how much he got from his new contract, I hope he got a decent amount at least, like maybe a signing bonus? He deserves it.
Looks like with signing bonus he made a total of 5.7m from the new contract so far. He stands to make 4.6 if he plays this year but they will almost surely cut him. At least he made life-changing money.

Reactions: PNW

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Is there any type of injury insurance compensation? In the nhl they usually ride out ir until the contract ends.

Rat

Reaction score
Is he allowed to be cut, or is this like when we were paying Kam to not play?

sutz

Reaction score
Is he allowed to be cut, or is this like when we were paying Kam to not play?
Pretty sure there needs to be some kind of injury settlement. Love the guy, and I'm not totally sure he's done for good, but the Hawks are definitely not going into this year with uncertainty at RB, or at least they're doing their best not to.

But the fact that we haven't heard any real info in months tends to lean toward what the OP is saying.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Carson jus ran too hard for his own good. Marshawn was a tough act to follow. I wish him extreme happiness over the rest of his life.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure there needs to be some kind of injury settlement. Love the guy, and I'm not totally sure he's done for good, but the Hawks are definitely not going into this year with uncertainty at RB, or at least they're doing their best not to.

But the fact that we haven't heard any real info in months tends to lean toward what the OP is saying.
I'm pretty sure injury was from working out on his own.
He had a good ride and made plenty of money.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure injury was from working out on his own.
He had a good ride and made plenty of money.
Define plenty of money.

4 years @ 2.5mil

Then he made around 5mill last year. So if you cut him that's 5 years @ 7.5mill which isn't plenty of money.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Define plenty of money.

4 years @ 2.5mil

Then he made around 5mill last year. So if you cut him that's 5 years @ 7.5mill which isn't plenty of money.

Sad day when 7.5 million isn't plenty of money. I know dozens of labourers with trashed bodies that never made a million in their entire working career. I know plenty of educated people in white collar jobs where it took them 25 years to reach 7.5 million in earnings.

I wish Carson well if this is indeed the end of the line, but I'm not going to feel overly sorry for him.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
He got a million in salary, plus the $4.5M signing bonus and another $200K bonus, last year. So $5.7M last year.

Plus $3.77M from his previous contract.

Reactions: PNW

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sad day when 7.5 million isn't plenty of money. I know dozens of labourers with trashed bodies that never made a million in their entire working career. I know plenty of educated people in white collar jobs where it took them 25 years to reach 7.5 million in earnings.

I wish Carson well if this is indeed the end of the line, but I'm not going to feel overly sorry for him.
That was my thinking..I couldn't believe he said it wasn't enough.