Fed Ex Field

gulliver

Reaction score
Steve2222":3v526x16 said:
HawkFan72":3v526x16 said:
I said earlier this week that this game may scare me most out of any game on our schedule.

And it has nothing to do with the team we are playing.

I am seriously worried about that deathtrap. It is the place knees and ankles go to die.

Really? Do you have proof of this or are you just going off of Clem, RG3 (who's been injury prone his entire football career), and AD (who also has a track record of lower body injuries) getting hurt on that field?
Not that strong an argument to point to 2-3 big time players whose careers (temporarily) ended on that field and say "is that all you got?"

Also, it's not just about injuries--it's about being a bad, slippery surface. These guys are the best of the best, and I want to see them at their best, not playing backyard mud-bowl football. I don't want to see ADB falling on his ass and dropping passes, or Kam not able to lay the wood because he can't get traction, or Sherman getting burned because he slipped, or Russell bobbling the snap, or Marshawn getting tripped up in the backfield.

Week 5 shouldn't be THAT bad, but in general EVERYBODY loses at FedEx.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Fex Ex field was definitely a bad surface in 2012 for our playoff game and I think a good example of when league interventions fail when confronted with strong personality ownership types.

I don't think that has any bearing on our game this year. Different turf, early in the season, different weather conditions.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3cmyrwin said:
People, please stop attributing Adrian Peterson's injury to the field. The field had nothing to do with it. Look at the image below, he was hit right in the side of the knee. It would've happened regardless of the field they were playing on.

Ap hit

In real time, it looks more like his foot plants, sticks, and then his leg gets swept out from him. ( The racist skins player gets up holding ADP'S leg which would be hard to after going through someone's leg with your helmet. ) And have seen worse hits flip a player so if his cleat got stuck you could just as easily see what happened above. I would post the video but I don't want to get banned.

So it's not a ridiculous presumption to think the turf helps cause such injuries by any stretch.

Probably helpful to remember the racist names play dirty though.

253hawk

Reaction score
You think the field is bad? This is the beer they were selling last night.

BybKHxUIMAARujz.jpg

That's right. Leftovers from the World Cup. Dan Snyder is one cheap son of a bitch.

Threedee

Reaction score
Even if FedEx Field was perfectly safe - this is the NFL! Damn field should look immaculate. It looked embarrassing in 2012.