Finley

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15nwilkz said:
MizzouHawkGal":15nwilkz said:
Nice. Just think about what we could do if we actually passed the ball sometimes?
#1 offense, #1 defense, #1 special teams, greatest DVOA season ever, 19-0 Super Bowl champions.

...Seriously, if we keep play calling more in line with the Super Bowl rather than pretty much every other game from last season, we've got a real shot to go undefeated. Other fans lurking here, call me delusional if you want, but in all seriousness our weakest overall link in 2013 in my opinion was the predictability and blandness of our play calling on offense.
I agree. There were times where the PC was a thing of beauty so I know they're capable of it

Lady Talon

Reaction score
sigh I warned you guys not to make the OC think to hard and here you go talking about the passing the ball more. #1 offense without a 4000 yard rusher? Impossible.

Cable hasn't even told the poor man there's five OL on the field yet. Don't even go to the "We should run complex NFL routes" stuff. Liable to put the man in a coma.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1qrsj5t6 said:
sigh I warned you guys not to make the OC think to hard and here you go talking about the passing the ball more. #1 offense without a 4000 yard rusher? Impossible.

Cable hasn't even told the poor man there's five OL on the field yet. Don't even go to the "We should run complex NFL routes" stuff. Liable to put the man in a coma.
I love you LT and I'm not even a lesbian or bisexual. My current goal is to get you 1000 posts.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I suppose asking for us to not run the ball 99.9% of the time we're lined up in the I formation is too much to ask, too? Maybe shake it up just a bit and pass out of the I formation intentionally once in a while just so the defense doesn't always know when we're running up the middle?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1hhij88e said:

I love you LT and I'm not even a lesbian or bisexual.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":uhfcdz89 said:
Lady Talon":uhfcdz89 said:

I love you LT and I'm not even a lesbian or bisexual. My current goal is to get you 1000 posts.

LOL <3

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
For not being lesbian or bisexual, this conversation's rapidly heading in that direction, Mizzou. Just sayin'.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":riwp1mxk said:
For not being lesbian or bisexual, this conversation's rapidly heading in that direction, Mizzou. Just sayin'.
Only in YOUR mind sir.;)

What was the topic again?

Jville

Reaction score
^^^^^
My O' my ..... threads get so far off topic when typing continues well after the brain shuts down and after it's bed time. LOL

Back on subject ............

FlyingGreg":mfje5n1f said:
As a traditional tight end option? Probably. Miller, McCoy, Willson and Beckum already in place.

However, I have a feeling they would use him as a Jimmy Graham type hybrid TE/WR to offer the coveted large receiver option.
............ I ran across two archived draft write ups on Travis Beckum and Jermichael Finley. They are interesting because both Beckum and Finley were compared to Randy McMichael. The Seahawks continue to demonstrate a persistent interest in these hybrid receiver/H-backs. Travis Beckum is, of course, already under contract.

Travis Beckum >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/565185[/urltargetblank]

Jermichael Finley >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/584640[/urltargetblank]

Jville

Reaction score
Jermichael Finley Update: for those still interested.
The process: Tight end Jermichael Finley is at least two months away and maybe several months more from being in position to sign with a team, a source familiar with the situation said this week.

Finley, one of the 10 unsigned players on the Packers' unrestricted list, visited Seattle on March 12. John Schneider, who was scouting for the Packers when they drafted Finley in 2008, is the Seahawks' general manager.

The Seahawks thanked Finley for coming and informed him in so many words to stay in touch after the passage of time would presumably mean additional healing for his bruised spinal cord, according to sources.

Obviously, the Seahawks' opinion will circulate among teams because they were the first club Finley visited.

Finley underwent a cervical fusion Nov. 14 after suffering damage to the C3-C4 area of his spine. He was injured Oct. 20 on a hard hit by Cleveland safety Tashaun Gipson.
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/james-starks-deal-is-worth-3165-million-b99229794z1-251347841.html[/urltargetblank]

ManBunts

Reaction score
No Finley. We have 3 very capable TEs, and I don't want to waste the cap space on a guy with so-so hands who hasn't played in like 8 months. IF we sign Allen, then we need to stop and use the rest to extend Sherman or Thomas.