Fins instruct CBs to stick with Receivers, not chase Wilson

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Dolphins instruct cornerbacks to stick with receivers and not chase after Russell Wilson

1. Russell Wilson escapability: Wilson is among the most impromptu QBs in the NFL and likes to get out of the pocket to turn what could be bad plays into positive plays. The Dolphins have instructed their cornerbacks to continue covering their assigned receivers until the whistle and resist the temptation to chase Wilson, and the defensive line must keep its rush lanes to keep Wilson in the pocket.

Source: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

Might explain some things but I'm pretty sure the Rams will be using the same approach. The last game Wilson destroyed them in the air, but our run game was stuffed, we ended up losing still, but I think our defense will be much better against them this time.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":19n7hx1l said:
Dolphins instruct cornerbacks to stick with receivers and not chase after Russell Wilson

1. Russell Wilson escapability: Wilson is among the most impromptu QBs in the NFL and likes to get out of the pocket to turn what could be bad plays into positive plays. The Dolphins have instructed their cornerbacks to continue covering their assigned receivers until the whistle and resist the temptation to chase Wilson, and the defensive line must keep its rush lanes to keep Wilson in the pocket.

Might explain some things but I'm pretty sure the Rams will be using the same approach.

The Rams are the ones who showed the Dolphins how to do it.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3tv0ifle said:
theincrediblesok":3tv0ifle said:

Might explain some things but I'm pretty sure the Rams will be using the same approach.

This.

And, expect more teams to copy it but having a solid D-line is the key to make this work.

OP
OP
theincrediblesok

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2yf66v6j said:
theincrediblesok":2yf66v6j said:

Your probably right, last game against the Rams we abandon the run, we are going to need to run a bit more and pass less, and if we are going to pass, get the ball out quick.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the DL. If they can contain Wilson, and Miami did a pretty good job of that today, and maintain coverage, it works pretty well.

And yeah, the Rams kind of wrote the playbook on that, they've had our number for a while. Always tough to play them. Gonna be another close one next week.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
A lot of staffs would take this info and use it to develop new plays that take advantage. Not our offense though. We will just play right into it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
sutz":1my12ypi said:
Yeah, it's the DL. If they can contain Wilson, and Miami did a pretty good job of that today, and maintain coverage, it works pretty well.

And yeah, the Rams kind of wrote the playbook on that, they've had our number for a while. Always tough to play them. Gonna be another close one next week.
Our staff should have come up with away to use this by now.

themunn

Reaction score
Not too surprising that there were some struggles going up against Suh, Williams and (occasionally) Wake, particularly in the opening game, as defenses always start the season ahead of offenses. it makes sense that with a DL containing players that strong that they can focus on sticking with the WRs.

If we get through the game next week with a win - even if there's some struggles - I can see us having a really positive season.

Latest posts