First 3 quarters

White Devil

Reaction score
chris98251":3m1wsii0 said:
We refuse to put a team on their heals, getting up early and letting the defense play loose, mixing up what got us the league as well as ball control run game to eat clock, playing with a lead forcing the other team to take chances resulting in turnovers and short fields to add more points or even if they break one knowing we have the lead and can use what has been working to score again.

Just don't get the allowance of the other team always having a chance.

We have a winner!

People are forgetting how this defense became the Legion of Boom. This defense is made to come out strong and hold good teams down, when they have a lead, they attack like no other team in the league.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet they blew it when the game with on the line. Sure the D was $ all day, but when it was on the line, they choked. Just like Walsh did. Team loss.

White Devil

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2xi07jzb said:
Yet they blew it when the game with on the line. Sure the D was $ all day, but when it was on the line, they choked. Just like Walsh did. Team loss.

You're right they did. It was a horrible decision by Richard to go cover 1 on that pass play. I knew it was trouble when they were lining up, you could feel it.

Do you know how many other offenses in this league would love to have a defense that could consistently hold opponents to under 20 points a game? They had 10 points with under a minute left in the game. You'd think a professional offense, with 0 starters out, could put up more than 12 points on a middle of the pack defense.

The defense had 2 starters out. 1 of them an All Pro key cog to what the defense does, and they still held a team to under 20 points.

That's enough for an average offense to win a game.

This offense is way below average.

Don't point to yards gained and say the offense is working. The game is won by points. This offense has had trouble scoring points since that fateful pass in the endzone at the end of their last Super Bowl.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, yards don't mean crap when you keep settling for FG tries instead of TD's. Or when you have 16 penalties killing drives over and over again. Credit to Cousins for seeing that coverage, changing the call and owning our D at the end there. Ugh

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":154i6sxk said:
We've had a problem since 2015, he's just failed to address it.

Duane Brown.

Jimmy Graham.

Ethan Pocic.

The Carson/Lacy/Rawls/Collins competition.

What exactly has he failed to address?

White Devil

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3klzc6u0 said:
NFSeahawks628":3klzc6u0 said:

Duane Brown.

Jimmy Graham.

Ethan Pocic.

The root of the problem

HQJ60nz

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":3n496r7z said:
Sports Hernia":3n496r7z said:
West TX Hawk":3n496r7z said:
Pete is an outstanding motivator, recruiter and teacher of DB technique. And he also has the most baffling and illogical philosophy of offense for this current team.

This feel them out, run up the gut with Lacy for 2 yards to set up for "explosive" play action and rely on Wilson to pull out a miracle late is unsustainable and fatefully flawed. Slow 1st quarters have transitioned to slow halves and now to ineptness 3/4 of a game. It's beyond just a Bevell matter-it's on Pete now.

His fascination with ball control instead of up tempo, short passing attacks--the obvious strengths of this O- will cost us ultimately this season.
It’s on Pete because he refuses to terminate the employment of Bevell and Cable after the weekly epic failures.

So they didn't call the plays/manage the OL last week?
Yes they did.
They are guilty of going 'Vanilla' in this game because for the most part, they assumed that the Deadskins were so depleted of talent, that they took them for granted.
They figured that they could play the Skins conservatively, knowing that they were going to have to hit the road for the Cardinals game on Thursday.
With the abundance of penalties, and scarcity of Field Goals, the plan backfired in their faces.

White Devil

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2nm6f8jb said:
Yes they did.
They are guilty of going 'Vanilla' in this game because for the most part, they assumed that the Deadskins were so depleted of talent, that they took them for granted.
They figured that they could play the Skins conservatively, knowing that they were going to have to hit the road for the Cardinals game on Thursday.
With the abundance of penalties, and scarcity of Field Goals, the plan backfired in their faces.

That is the diagnosis that I came up with as well. They bought into the hype all week that this game was in the bag. The worst that would happen would be an injury, but this was a win.

The funny thing is, as soon as I started hearing about all of their injuries, red flags were going off like crazy. Big win the Sunday before in a shootout. Facing an injury decimated team. Have a short week to travel a division rival. Let's just go basic and win the game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18hjlgg3 said:
Yep, yards don't mean crap when you keep settling for FG tries instead of TD's. Or when you have 16 penalties killing drives over and over again. Credit to Cousins for seeing that coverage, changing the call and owning our D at the end there. Ugh
UH, I got to disagree a little bit here, as we have worn a shit load of games with FG's.
FG's are a big part of accumulative scoring for every team in the League, and oft times the DIFFERENCE between Wins & Losses.
Do you hear that Walsh???

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Settling for a bunch of Field Goal tries is ok with you? We can agree to disagree. It's all about touchdowns.
Walsh was only a part of a massive list of reasons why they lost yesterday. Just blaming the kicker is pretty closed minded.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
White Devil":wn2l60im said:
MontanaHawk05":wn2l60im said:
NFSeahawks628":wn2l60im said:

Duane Brown.

Jimmy Graham.

Ethan Pocic.

The root of the problem

HQJ60nz
Thread winner right there ^^^

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
scutterhawk":19xj1t3h said:
SoulfishHawk":19xj1t3h said:
UH, I got to disagree a little bit here, as we have worn a shit load of games with FG's.
FG's are a big part of accumulative scoring for every team in the League, and oft times the DIFFERENCE between Wins & Losses.
Do you hear that Walsh???

This is true but there are certain times in a game when the offense should score TDs because of the field position the Defense has given them. Two examples would be after a Safety and a punt from the 3 yard line that originally put the offense on the 50.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ons1x8v said:
White Devil":1ons1x8v said:
MontanaHawk05":1ons1x8v said:
NFSeahawks628":1ons1x8v said:

Duane Brown.

Jimmy Graham.

Ethan Pocic.

The root of the problem

HQJ60nz
Thread winner right there ^^^

ABSOLUTELY!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I can't stand Bevell as well. But, he didn't commit 16 penalties, or give up 70 yards in 4 plays on defense at the end, or miss 3 field goals. So, blaming just one person, meh.

White Devil

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3sg4d2yw said:
Well, I can't stand Bevell as well. But, he didn't commit 16 penalties, or give up 70 yards in 4 plays on defense at the end, or miss 3 field goals. So, blaming just one person, meh.

I get all of that. But we're talking bigger picture, and that's the OC. Hell, you can throw Cable in there as well and I've defended him longer than most. It also points to Pete and John.

I love this regime. It's been nothing but fantastic. But I want it to continue.

That means moving on when it's needed.

This is about 2 seasons too late in coming but needs to be done after this season, regardless of the outcome.

To think that nobody could do better doesn't work anymore.

It's not about moving the ball. It's about scoring points.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21xz23by said:
Settling for a bunch of Field Goal tries is ok with you? We can agree to disagree. It's all about touchdowns.
Walsh was only a part of a massive list of reasons why they lost yesterday. Just blaming the kicker is pretty closed minded.

Part of the scoring issue is this, we are top 3 in passing tds, however, we are 2nd worst in rushing tds with 2 and 1 came from our QB. Add to that the unwillingness to stick to what works, the oline, the penalties, the play calling and design, etc and then PC desire to play it close and give it to the defense and there you go.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3h14c3le said:

Is he the OC, along with co OC and run game coordinator Cable as well as O line coach. They are both part of the problem, lack of focus, discipline, technique, play calls, utilization of personnel. Did I miss anything?