First-time Seahawks Tickets buyer

jmahon316

Reaction score
So this is a two-part post...

I've wanted to see a Seahawks game for years now but my job kind of makes it difficult (AD Army with certain restrictions on taking leave + cost of distance, etc -- never lucky enough to be at Lewis). Let me start by saying I don't really go out to events like this, so I have no knowledge in when to purchase tickets, etc.

1) I found some affordably priced tickets for a mid-field game @ CenturyLink towards the end of the year and I was curious if I should hop on it now or wait....Do they get cheaper as time passes or do they get more expensive?

2) If anyone has any extra home game (mid-field or close to it) tickets in December that they'd be willing to sell, please let me know!

I'm very excited about finally getting to see the Hawks play and appreciate any/all advice I can get!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The price will depend on how the season is going. If the Hawks are doing well, in the thick of the divisional or playoff race, prices will go up. If Wilson gets injured and we are 4-10 at that point, you could get a deal.

I’d say if it’s a reasonable price near face value, then buy them now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll keep my ears open Mahon. I MIGHT have a pair available for the MNF game on Dec. 2. If my wife ends up not going, I could sell you our pair and go sit w/my friend (Shadow on here) for that game, Face Value of course. I'll let you know if you're still looking in November.

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1a4m5yh9 said:
I'll keep my ears open Mahon. I MIGHT have a pair available for the MNF game on Dec. 2. If my wife ends up not going, I could sell you our pair and go sit w/my friend (Shadow on here) for that game, Face Value of course. I'll let you know if you're still looking in November.

Thanks bud! I'm trying to aim moreso towards the Cards or 49ers game later on in the month so if you find anything please let me know (Will also shoot you a message in November as a reminder)! Thanks again in advance!

Also thanks to the other 2 that contributed, like I said any info helps!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No problem. There's no need to get shafted on the secondary market if you can get tix from someone who already has Season Tix.

mikeak

Reaction score
I know why 99% of people travelling to the game won't do this, but I have flown in and done it and never been worried about it.

Secondary ticket market is flooded these days. There are lots of people that buy to only sell with no intention of ever going. The best prices are online 1-2 hours before kickoff unless it turns into a crucial game (which you would know quite a bit of time in advance).

Again I understand why most people won't fly in, get a hotel and then go to the bar and drink while patiently checking ticket prices, but some of us are willing to work it that way and for me it has always works out

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
mikeak":3sxqyoia said:
I know why 99% of people travelling to the game won't do this, but I have flown in and done it and never been worried about it.

Secondary ticket market is flooded these days. There are lots of people that buy to only sell with no intention of ever going. The best prices are online 1-2 hours before kickoff unless it turns into a crucial game (which you would know quite a bit of time in advance).

Again I understand why most people won't fly in, get a hotel and then go to the bar and drink while patiently checking ticket prices, but some of us are willing to work it that way and for me it has always works out

Agreed.

I live out of the area and go to a couple every year. Every year I am doing what you are doing and trying to get good seats at decent prices.

Scalpers have worked many times for me. They don't want to get stuck with a fistful of tickets. Otherwise, I use ticketmaster. You can look at a map and pick your seats. Prices change, so if you're patient, like Mikeak says... you can score a deal late.