Flowers for the Radish.......

RockHawk

Reaction score
Ok so here's the idea guys, so far we've received almost $300 in donations, which is outstanding. I happen to know that Les has been struggling with a very old computer still running XP and asking for my assistance in trying to keep it running. How about we use $200 to get Les a brand new computer (Windows 7 of course, I wouldn't want to give him a stroke trying to figure out Windows 8 ) and use the rest of the money for some serious Seahawks Swag.

Thoughts?

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm on board w/ it, Rock. Maybe make sure it's already got some anti-virus software because we all know how much he likes the boobies.

chris98251

Reaction score
I was looking up some stuff due to my 2005 computer about upgrading to 8.1 and found that there are some online downloads that will convert 8.1 to a traditional windows format. Unfortuneatly my computers motherboard and some of the system is to old so I have yet to do it yet and will need to buy a new computer as well. But it is out there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Anybody with Windows 8 that wants to have a regular Windows XP/Vista/7-style Start menu again, just spend $5 buying a program called Start8 and that's it, now you can forget the stupid Windows 8 UI even exists.

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

(Also, there are some free alternatives, but they are inferior for various reasons IMO, and this is only $5 so stop whining.)

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1gmptdm8 said:
Anybody with Windows 8 that wants to have a regular Windows XP/Vista/7-style Start menu again, just spend $5 buying a program called Start8 and that's it, now you can forget the stupid Windows 8 UI even exists.

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

(Also, there are some free alternatives, but they are inferior for various reasons IMO, and this is only $5 so stop whining.)

I'm sure that this is going to be the highest and most favorable contribution you have made here on .Net for many of us older members. Thanks Roland !

I saved it to favorites, I need a new computer pretty badly and was dreading the touch screen format.

RockHawk

Reaction score
So I'm checking with the his wife to confirm if he might have already purchased a new computer very recently, if so, we'll look at other options.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":36mbunyz said:
I'm sure that this is going to be the highest and most favorable contribution you have made here on .Net for many of us older members. Thanks Roland !

I saved it to favorites, I need a new computer pretty badly and was dreading the touch screen format.
Geez, the best contribution I've ever made to .NET?

44383 Right in the feels TJAE

U OQhe6weP6YH1AWwuzgJkwQr30S1W4S1kW7lWAvYUZdinuMGA

RockHawk

Reaction score
So the computer is out, now i'm trying to find out if he still has the crappy 17" monitor (we could get him a very nice 21" or 22" monitor) or as Laloosh said, there's a sports memorabilia place in the Auburn SuperMall that should have something awesome for this amount of money.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
THe computer is out?I thought someone was asking first if he may have gotten one ..How much is that football?A computer and football would be a great gift..I'll donate if it takes more to get it done..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1enx6ybr said:
THe computer is out?I thought someone was asking first if he may have gotten one ..How much is that football?A computer and football would be a great gift..I'll donate if it takes more to get it done..

Rock is the one who was checking on the computer. So he knows what he's saying when he says it's out. The football linked is almost $500, so we're not there yet.

Latest posts