Flowers should cover Thielen instead of Justin Jefferson

Mizak

Reaction score
Don’t want him to cover the Stefan Diggs replacement. He had a pretty good season last year with 88 Rec, 1400 yards. He might destroy Flowers whereas I think Flowers has a slight advantage over Thielen.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mizak":1vi7nf6k said:
Don’t want him to cover the Stefan Diggs replacement. He had a pretty good season last year with 88 Rec, 1400 yards. He might destroy Flowers whereas I think Flowers has a slight advantage over Thielen.
Whomever is across from Flowers has a huge advantage over him.
He couldn’t cover a corpse.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Either one will abuse Flowers just like everybody else does.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wouldn't want DJ Reed covering Jefferson either. He's been Quinton Dunbar awful so far this season.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The advantage with Flowers is that he generally makes the tackle after the catch. (This is also the curse).

He also generally allows the catch.

So the receiver that catches the ball and stacks up YAC against the opposing team - is the guy we need to put Flowers on. He will still catch the ball, but at least Flowers will tackle him after the 10 yd gain.

I don't see him get completely burned often, so guys that go long will still look covered to the QB. He won't do anything to shut the pass down, but he will rarely just get left behind either.

I don't think it matters.

Ken Norton is the DC. You could have a cross between Richard Sherman and D Sanders out there, somehow Norton would screw it up.

We have to outscore the Vikings. If get worried about defensive stops we end up losing this game before it starts.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3hwgt8gb said:
I wouldn't want DJ Reed covering Jefferson either. He's been Quinton Dunbar awful so far this season.

Not even close

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Flowers will cover whomever the Vikings line up on the left side of the formation.

Their receivers should all be begging and pleading to line up on the left side.

Hopefully Carroll surprises everyone and puts Tre Brown out there instead for kicks and giggles.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I agree with the OP but only cos I'm starting Thielen in fantasy.

James in PA

Reaction score
Flowers on Thielen? You must enjoy Thielen’s bad touchdown celebrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Better yet, who is gonna' cover Lockett and DK? Screw that being afraid of the opponent. They are great receivers, but so are DK and Lock. Let's rock on Sunday and see what happens.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smellyman":ubvfyb5e said:
Corners don't follow.

Especially Flowers.

I've got bad news for you guys, as long as Flowers is on the field we're going to see more of what we saw in the 2nd half Sunday, loose zone coverage with the safeties having to help outside and the LB's having to cover the middle of the field.

Because we have the two worst man to man cover corners in the entire NFC. There is no way to hide that, so brace yourselves.

Put in Jones, put in Tre Brown, I don't care. ABF (Anybody but Flowers).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3fj0vnac said:
Smellyman":3fj0vnac said:
Corners don't follow.

Especially Flowers.

I've got bad news for you guys, as long as Flowers is on the field we're going to see more of what we saw in the 2nd half Sunday, loose zone coverage with the safeties having to help outside and the LB's having to cover the middle of the field.

Because we have the two worst man to man cover corners in the entire NFC. There is no way to hide that, so brace yourselves.

This.
You traded for Jones, PLAY HIM. He can’t be worse than Flowers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2l967zff said:
Sgt. Largent":2l967zff said:
Smellyman":2l967zff said:
Corners don't follow.

Especially Flowers.

This.

On paper no, but in practicality, things can always be worse, Cary Williams say's Hi !

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":3acdl3cq said:
Sports Hernia":3acdl3cq said:
Sgt. Largent":3acdl3cq said:
Smellyman":3acdl3cq said:
Corners don't follow.

Especially Flowers.

This.

On paper no, but in practicality, things can always be worse, Cary Williams say's Hi !

I don't know how it could be worse than the worst CB in the entire league.

I'd rather see what Jones has, or even play Brown when he's healthy and up to speed on the schemes. Flowers is a failure, and has been for over a year. But for some reason he's Pete's pet project determined to develop him into a good CB.

Didn't work in year 2, and still isn't working.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lcpdcqy said:
chris98251":3lcpdcqy said:
Sports Hernia":3lcpdcqy said:
Sgt. Largent":3lcpdcqy said:
Especially Flowers.

This.

I don't know how it could be worse than the worst CB in the entire league.

I'd rather see what Jones has, or even play Brown when he's healthy and up to speed on the schemes. Flowers is a failure, and has been for over a year. But for some reason he's Pete's pet project determined to develop him into a good CB.

Didn't work in year 2, and still isn't working.

Now you did it, were getting a Kelly Jennings clone and Cary Williams, whenever you say it can't get worse it can people.

Elemas

Reaction score
I knew this post was going nowhere when Flowers and “cover” were in the topic….

PNW

Reaction score
Any updates on this? Is Flowers still starting? God I hope not.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I think we should give Flowers some room to breathe.

I been watching and Flowers is about to bloom.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Latest posts