FO only sees ~16 1st round prospects

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":3d0px9q2 said:
Might as well tune in Friday, because first of all you will wait forever, only to see them trade out.
That’s why I’m not watching tonight. :2thumbs:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
KinesProf":2hyb5ob2 said:
Penny has been pretty awesome and explosive on a per touch basis. He's averaging 5.3 ypcarry and 9.3 ypcatch , which are really good numbers.

The volume certainly isn't there, and he is behind a really good player. I don't think they mis-evaluated the talent at all, Penny is really good. They definitely mis-evaluated positional value and what happens if you already have a good running back.
Penny overall has been very disappointing. He's struggled to do basic procedural stuff right. Wilson constantly has to direct him to the right play. He's come in each year overweight and out of shape by his own omission. He hasn't been able to stay healthy. He's looked completely hopeless as much as he's looked dominant. I don't think he's an every down back. His style is very boom or bust, I don't think his vision is that great. I think he's best in a role where he splits carries with a bruiser like Carson. To add to this, Penny has had trouble staying on the field. He's suffered injuries every year he's played. This current injury could affect his second gear, and his change of direction as well. He likely won't even see the field for the first quarter of the season.

I think this is a good illustration as to why RB is not a great investment in the first round. He's not a bad player, but the value has not been there. Players like him can be found in every round at the RB position. You have to believe that the guy can be an every down back that can take a beating.

Fade

Reaction score
It's pretty much a league consensus thing. Any given year there are only 15-20 prospects with 1st round grades.

Subzero717

Reaction score
austinslater25":2nfui6mo said:
I've always wondered why they don't value that extra year on the rookie contract but value trumps that year apparently. I'm just selfish and want something to he excited about on day 1

Even when they have it they dont use it.