Football Gameplan's 2014 Seahawks vs Cowboys Wk 6 Preview

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":1btlfa60 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1btlfa60 said:
pehawk":1btlfa60 said:
Meh, not as much boasting as it is reporting what I've seen. It's still Garrett and Romo, so, I like the Seahawks chances. But, that offensive line is legit. And, Murray's got good enough tools to utilize that line.

XOXO

Moderator Concern Over Pehawk Posting Again
Not really any concern given you're posting seriously. Anyway I worry about Murray also but I really think our saving grace will be the fact that both Murray and Romo will turn the ball over at the worst time most likely. It's just what they do.

I hope I never post seriously.

This is a message board, it should always be fun. Cancer and war are serious, this is a bunch of nerds talking football. If I ever do post seriously, I hope I get stricken with SARS, ebola, or stomach cancer....because I'll deserve it.

Sgt Largent is spot on in the difference between the OLs faced. Plus, the one balanced team the Hawks faced, they lost to.
Dallas is to be respected but as I say their defense isn't good enough and they will turn the ball over. Romo can't help it and Murray has fumbling issues neither is a good mix when facing the Seahawks. It won't be ridiculous but as I picked in Aros's thread 34-17 Seahawks sounds about right.

pehawk

Reaction score
They Cowboys defense has NO chance at stopping the Hawks offense.

In fact, I'm hard pressed to come up with a weaker defense faced in the past 2-3 years. But, even that lil tidbit doesn't have me 100% confident. Because for whatever reason Bevell really likes to get cute with empty sets. This is a game the Seahawks offense should and could average 6 yards a rush, but with Bevell who knows?

I put the Hawks chances at 70%-80% to win. But, if the Cowboys had a coach I respected? I'd say 50%-50%

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Don't forget that the best way to negate another team's offense is keep them off the field and the Hawks have the running game to do so. Romo and Murray do no damage on the bench. As Pe inferred above, feed the Beast and don't get too cute Bevell!!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
pehawk":ntzls1ea said:
It has zero do with the edges. The Cowboys offensive line can , and will a lot, win the trenches. And, Murray's a matchup issue as well for our LB's.

XOXO

Hollywood Henderson's Straw

Wrong. Mebane.

pehawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3avn8soy said:
pehawk":3avn8soy said:
It has zero do with the edges. The Cowboys offensive line can , and will a lot, win the trenches. And, Murray's a matchup issue as well for our LB's.

XOXO

Hollywood Henderson's Straw

Wrong. Mebane.

Yup, that would be seemingly an advantageous match up, huh? Frederick vs Bane.

Reaction score
Mike Tyson said" everybody has a plan until they're hit"
Dallas ain't going to know what hit them in the Clink, All the game plans go out the window , when your under extreme duress.

pehawk

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":nj5rsx2p said:
Mike Tyson said" everybody has a plan until they're hit"
Dallas ain't going to know what hit them in the Clink, All the game plans go out the window , when your under extreme duress.

Best rebuttal of the thread.

Boys actually get a blessing in disguise by Carter not playing this week. Dude hates contact so much, he doesn't even load them into his cell phone.

Largent80

Reaction score
This defense has been waiting for them to happen and a turnover Mfg. machine is comin' in.

XOXO

Freddy Mercurys Moustache

kearly

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are smart they'll wait til next week to scale back Murray's carries. He'll be a huge test for Seattle's run defense. Seattle has struggled in the past against faster, athletic RBs who can move well AND break tackles. Murray is a big weapon as a receiver too. Murray has to be the guy Seattle game plans in this one, which might open things up for Dez.

I'm glad this game is in Seattle. Murray and Romo both have turnover problems and the stadium effect will only help Seattle's chances of getting turnovers.

Dallas is looking more physical this year than they have in the past. I don't think Seattle is just going to push them around like they did in 2012. But if they do, then Dallas has no chance of winning.

Largent80

Reaction score
Kearly, in that first game against SF, they looked like the worst team in the league on their own field.

Yeah, they got it together against some pretty sub-par rushing and even passing defenses, of which we are not (although we are #22 in passing D at this time). If we shut their run game down, the pass defense had better pick it up, especially at home.

Plus, our offense is capable of much better than we have seen. I just do not see them beating us.

XOXO

Mama Cass' Ham Sandwich

chris98251

Reaction score
The key is for us to get up early and cause Romo to start pressing and forcing things, it's about time the stars align for our defense as well to have a few gifts fall in our lap instead of bounce the other way. I think our offense can run on the Dallas defense, even Turbin should be able to get decent yardage up the middle.

Jerry Jones's Bartender

drdiags

Reaction score
I would not make the mistake of looking at a team's prior performance such as the meltdown Romo had against the 9ers. Folks were looking at the drubbing that the Skins took from the Giants as proof that the Seahawks would dominate them, even on the road. Now they did control the game but it wasn't the cake walk folks thought it would be.

The Seahawks aren't just lining it up and pounding the rock. They are doing all they can to keep Harvin highlighted. This offense has some more versatility but seemed to have given up a little of the physicality.

If Kam cannot go it takes a little of the edge from them on defense. I expect a win but I am not sure I see it as a lock. We will see how it plays out soon.

The Cooler

Mick063

Reaction score
Fashionable and trendy pick. Unless you are one of about 30 network pundits that think otherwise.

Seattle has a multiple defensive fronts to choose from. I see a heavy dose of 6-foot-7, 305 pound Tony McDaniel along side Mebane, with Wagner coming downhill, and the strong safety in the box. They are going to force Romo into passing situations. If Dallas regularly huddles up, in comes the NASCAR package on passing downs. If the Cowpokes hurry up to stop the defensive substitutions, attempting to call the play at the line of scrimmage, cue the crowd noise.

I just don't see it working for them.

C-HAWK84

Reaction score
"About time the stars align for our defense." Hahaha, I really hope the cowboy star is the alignment. Murray is a threat but, if he fumbles then Romo will start throwing. When he starts throwing (especially if theyre trailing) he'll start forcing it. Thats when sherm/maxi get their int chances. Dez is not a short mid field kinda guy. Likes the left on the edge. Maxi needs to be 100% on him and ready to out jump him. Im betting they throw terrance williams at sherm mostly. That means sherm needs to be patient and try to bait romo witnh an open look. Im really hoping Cam will bring the hits but its soundly like he might miss this one. Anyone else missing Jeremy Lane yet? He just always seemed to be in the right spot (in his area).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You're dead to me, Emory.

(Kidding. Respect for picking the team you truly think will win, though I question the general decision to pick against Seattle at home.)

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2x3fbul6 said:
pehawk":2x3fbul6 said:
Meh, not as much boasting as it is reporting what I've seen. It's still Garrett and Romo, so, I like the Seahawks chances. But, that offensive line is legit. And, Murray's got good enough tools to utilize that line.

XOXO

Moderator Concern Over Pehawk Posting Again
Not really any concern given you're posting seriously. Anyway I worry about Murray also but I really think our saving grace will be the fact that both Murray and Romo will turn the ball over at the worst time most likely. It's just what they do.

Bah, it was more fun around here when Pe didn't post seriously. People fought a lot less with no comedic interludes. :thirishdrinkers:

There is a lot of good point/counterpoint here. We're going to see a lot of questions answered: how good is the Hawks run defense ? Can we have a good run defense game and a good pass defense game at the same time ? How physical is Dallas' OL really? Were they just beating up on poor run defense teams, or are they really that good ? Is this the game where our defense starts to get some turnovers ?

Personally, I think with the rotation of Mebane, McDaniel, K. Williams, Bennett and Hill we're looking pretty good on run defense. There's not a lot of pass rush there, which is why we're not getting as much pressure, but even our rotational "B" line is very good at stopping the run. We're going to need to watch Murray in the flats for easy swing passes, that gashed us a bit in a few games.

On offense, we lack a killer instinct. We run the ball very well, but are either unable to sustain it due to penalties, or we just start getting too cute. I'd like to see a solid gamplan from Bevell that doesn't involve a lot of trickery and attacks an opponent's weaknesses ruthlessly. I'd like to see us pound the rock, tire the Cowboys DL out by Halftime, and then beat them over the top in the middle to late third quarter, then finish out the game on the ground.

pehawk

Reaction score
Now I'm mad at myself for lying out a self fulfilling prophecy.

sam1313

Reaction score
A lot of people should be posting on here and eating crow. I have to do so as well. Even though I didn't post above, I didn't think we would lose at home and certainly didn't think we could look this bad. I'm sickened by this loss!

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Largent80":2vdo3lrr said:
Em, sorry bro, but the Hawks are #1 vs. the rush this year, and in Seattle add a +1.

ALSO, we run the ball extremely well....#1 in the NFL.

Dallas has played 3 opponents in a row ranked in the 20's in the league vs. the rush.

Plus Tony friggin Romo has choked many games including right here in Seattle.

Dallas is goin down and goin down HARD.

Does this ring a bell.....Hahahahahha

97ljy5L

Attachments

• IMG_3546_resized_1.png
    IMG_3546_resized_1.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 287

Latest posts