Votes: 30 29.4%
  • 5-3

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • 4-4 or worse

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Here we sit at 4-4 and with a bye in Week 9, we are officially half way through the 2015 season.

So now for S&Gigs .. project where the Seahawks will finish!

Feel free to discuss in the thread.

Remaining schedule for those that need it:

Week 10 - vs. Arizona (SNF)
Week 11 - vs. Santa Clara
Week 12 - vs. Pittsburgh
Week 13 - at Minnesota
Week 14 - at Baltimore (SNF..... for now)
Week 15 - vs. Cleveland
Week 16 - vs. St. Louis
Week 17 - at Arizona

I'm personally picking 7-1 post bye with our lone loss to Minnesota. I think the Steelers game will be extremely close too. As will the division contests (aside from Santa Clara) of course.

Projecting us to finish 11-5 and as the 3rd seed in the NFC behind top seed Green Bay and second seed Carolina.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think we can win the next 7 in a row if we can beat the Cards on SNF then a battle for the 3rd, 5th/6Th seed @ Arizona.

kf3339

Reaction score
I went with 8-0 even though I wanted to say 7-1. Mostly because I think even 11-5 may not be enough to get the NFC west title and see less of a chance of a wildcard right now if we don't take the division this season.

So 8-0 and get to a impressive record of 12-4 as last year! Get it done!

Overseasfan

Reaction score
7-1, I think we go 1-1 with Arizona and beat the rest. Usually I would expect one or two extra random losses but I believe the players will be playing lights out again and we will be able to pull through.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
6-2: one loss to the Cards, one loss on the road outside the division.

That may not be enough to get in to the postseason.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Week 10 - vs. Arizona (SNF) W
Week 11 - vs. Santa Clara W
Week 12 - vs. Pittsburgh W
Week 13 - at Minnesota W
Week 14 - at Baltimore (SNF..... for now) L
Week 15 - vs. Cleveland W
Week 16 - vs. St. Louis L
Week 17 - at Arizona L

9-7 - Rams sweep us, Cardinals split. Baltimore could be a big game, and whilst winnable, I'm not seeing it yet.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Baltimore? Really? Curious why you think that's a loss. I just don't see it.

I said 7-1 and we get back to the Super Bowl for a third straight time.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1ywsjm7n said:
Baltimore? Really? Curious why you think that's a loss. I just don't see it.

I said 7-1 and we get back to the Super Bowl for a third straight time.

I think we actually matchup really well to the Ravens, but they'll have nothing to lose and we'll have everything, I never like those matchups. Having predicted wins vs the Steelers and @Vikings I guess I thought a loss would come in there somewhere, on reflection it's probably more likely to come against the Steelers. I don't think Bell would have caused us too many problems anyway, but Big Ben's difficult to take down, Brown's exactly the sort of receiver Sherm struggles against, and Bryant could have Williams on toast.

That should be a really good game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'll just say that given my track record with predictions this season (terrible), I feel like I just did everyone on this board who roots for the Seahawks a disservice with my vote.

drdiags

Reaction score
I picked 5-3, hope they can get 6-2 but I am with SomersetHawk. That Baltimore game is gong to become a 10:00 a.m. start time. And the Vikings away doesn't make me warm and toasty. I see splitting with the Cards. Of those 5 wins, the 9ers and Browns are the only ones I go into not feeling some angst.

Week 10 - vs. Arizona (SNF) - W
Week 11 - vs. Santa Clara - W
Week 12 - vs. Pittsburgh -W
Week 13 - at Minnesota - L
Week 14 - at Baltimore (SNF..... for now) - L
Week 15 - vs. Cleveland - W
Week 16 - vs. St. Louis - W
Week 17 - at Arizona - L

The Rams, Bengals and Panthers games. Dang it!

kearly

Reaction score
drdiags":2u4pml3n said:
I picked 5-3, hope they can get 6-2 but I am with SomersetHawk. That Baltimore game is gong to become a 10:00 a.m. start time. And the Vikings away doesn't make me warm and toasty. I see splitting with the Cards. Of those 5 wins, the 9ers and Browns are the only ones I go into not feeling some angst.

Week 10 - vs. Arizona (SNF) - W
Week 11 - vs. Santa Clara - W
Week 12 - vs. Pittsburgh -W
Week 13 - at Minnesota - L
Week 14 - at Baltimore (SNF..... for now) - L
Week 15 - vs. Cleveland - W
Week 16 - vs. St. Louis - W
Week 17 - at Arizona - L

The Rams, Bengals and Panthers games. Dang it!

Pretty much exactly how I feel, every word of it. I'm also struggling between 5-3 and 6-2, and I went with 5-3 because we still haven't seen that 'aha!' moment from the Seahawks this season that tells us the Rocky movie final act is coming. I think we will probably see it at some point but it might not be until the final month of the season.

Unfortunately, 9-7 almost certainly misses the playoffs. 10-6 is looking dicey too with the Saints finishing with a ridiculously easy schedule. If Seattle finishes 6-2 then sweeping Arizona is crucial.

If Seattle is going to make the playoffs they might need 7-1 to finish, and that would mean kicking things in 2nd gear ASAP. And that's important, because first gear isn't going to get it done. Seattle is 4-0 against teams with losing records and 0-4 this year against teams with winning records. If that trend continues in the 2nd half of the season Seattle would finish 3-5. So for them to make a run the absolutely have to start beating (really, finishing) good teams.

Oddly though, I still feel very good about sweeping Arizona. They probably won't lose to AZ at home and by the week 17 game they will probably be clicking on all cylinders. If they aren't, then it really is a lost season.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":aumncr1g said:
I think we can win the next 7 in a row if we can beat the Cards on SNF then a battle for the 3rd, 5th/6Th seed @ Arizona.

This. I went 7-1 also. We HAVE to beat AZ this next game, then I think we get some real momentum once we're 1 game back of them.

I can see us beating Minn, but I can see them winning as well. Looking at some analytics, they're about the 20th best team in the league, they've just been beating up on bad teams. They have yet to play GB and their schedule gets really hard. This is also a must win game; we need to hang a loss on them to keep pace in the WC race.

Pitt is also a tough game, and one I can see us losing. If we can get good pressure on Roethlisburger, he won't be able to get to his 3rd option and tear us up. No Bell is helpful.

marko358

Reaction score
Week 10 - vs. Arizona (SNF) WIN
Week 11 - vs. Santa Clara WIN
Week 12 - vs. Pittsburgh WIN
Week 13 - at Minnesota WIN
Week 14 - at Baltimore (SNF..... for now) WIN
Week 15 - vs. Cleveland WIN
Week 16 - vs. St. Louis LOSS
Week 17 - at Arizona LOSS

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks and Cards both wound up being 10-6. Since I'm predicting a split in the season series, is division record the tie-breaker?

The Delf

Reaction score
I'm going with 7-1 as well (L in week 17@Az) but my stomach tells me, that the Rams will be a lot of trouble, too. :/ In the end, it's hard to guess, what will be, while Seattle is in this up/down/can't tell mood of playing. -.-

hawknation2015

Reaction score
marko358":8sb8823c said:
Week 10 - vs. Arizona (SNF) WIN
Week 11 - vs. Santa Clara WIN
Week 12 - vs. Pittsburgh WIN
Week 13 - at Minnesota WIN
Week 14 - at Baltimore (SNF..... for now) WIN
Week 15 - vs. Cleveland WIN
Week 16 - vs. St. Louis LOSS
Week 17 - at Arizona LOSS

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks and Cards both wound up being 10-6. Since I'm predicting a split in the season series, is division record the tie-breaker?

Yes

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3346jd2s said:
7-1. Not sure where the L will be, but please God don't let it be against the Stealers.

This would be a catastrophe......for my mind

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Just remember since 2011 this team has finished no worst than 5-3 in the 2nd half of the season.

2011: started 2-6, ended 5-3, 3 losses by 11 points
2012: started 4-4, ended 7-1, 1 loss by 4 points.
2013: started 7-1, ended 6-2, 2 losses by 9 points
2014: started 5-3, ended 7-1, 1 loss by 4 points

Historically, in the last 4 years, Seahawks have average about 6 wins to 2 losses in the 2nd half.

Seahawks can go 6-2 in the 2nd half and still get in the post-season.

Either beat Arizona twice, and hope they drop a game somewhere.

or

Beat both the Rams and Vikings, and hope they both finish 9-7 or 10-6 and win tie breakers, would probably get the Seahawks the 6th seed.

This team has a penchant for solidarity in the 2nd half.

Positives:
The Defense looks like its rounding back into its dominant self after big letdowns vs Cincy and Carolina.

The Offensive Line looks like its taking small steps forward, and the best part is that other than a couple of games by I think Okung and Nowak, the starters have mostly played together and have been healthy.

The Wilson and Graham connection is starting to meld into a unstoppable force. If Bevell can utilize Graham correctly, and Wilson can clean up some of his errant throws, I could see Graham average about 100 yards, 1 TD per game. They are that close.

Marshawn Lynch has relatively low milage so far this season missing two games, Seahawks also have a player in Thomas Rawls, and Jackson has been very complementary. I could see the Rushing Game revved up utilizing all three players.

Paul Richardson should add a new dynamic in the WR corps. The kid was becoming Russ's go to target last year when they needed to move the chains.

Defensively, the Front 7 is becoming super stingy, and trending towards that elite status. The LOB is starting to wake up again, the Seahawks are transforming their gameplan more to match-up football ala Sherman which I think is helping to neutralize some of those zone weaknesses we've seen other teams have learned to exploit the last 2 years.

Jeremy Lane, if healthy and able, like Richardson is going to infuse a new dynamic into the CBs, as a guy who can play inside and out, helping to spell Cary Williams, as well as add to the stable of NCBs of which has became a strength with the small, shiftier Burley, and the taller, lengthier Shead. It will give the Seahawks options to play match-up football and to compete better all around.

Health-wise, with the Seahawks playing what 1 game in the last 23-24 days, they've got two much needed breaks with 10 days before the Cowboys game, and 14 days before quite possibly their biggest match-up of this season, right now. They got a chance to recuperate and revitalize, prepare their mind and bodies for the 2nd half gauntlet. All the guys who were banged up and hurting are going to be healthier, and all the guys who were healthy are going to be fresher. I think the break is going to be huge for Russell Wilson the most, he's kind of taking a lot of damage, and I think it will help him refocus. Some of the guys who kind of been playing banged up or not 100% like Gilliam and Hill, I think the break(s) is going to help them get back on track 90%-100% physically.

Schedule-wise, its no picnic, a lot of tough games in the last 8, maybe only 2 gimmes vs the 49ers and Browns. But after a rough start to the schedule this season, and the much needed mini-vacations, the Seahawks are going to play 3 home games in a row, and home-cooking has always been good for this team, the 12s are going to be riled up for SNF against the Cards, and if any momentum is to be gained, it would be in the next 3 games, If the Seahawks win those next 3, and start clicking together and start rolling, and as we've seen in the past its going to be hard to stop their primal avalanche once they get going and start imposing their havoc at will.

8-0 is far fetched but not entirely out of the question, its obtainable. 7-1 seems more plausible. And 6-2 seems like it would be the worst the team can do. Seahawks aren't horrible, they've played better than their record, they've just needed to clean up a few things coaching wise, execution wise, gain some needed experience and familiarity, and just galvanize as a whole, if one unit can't finish, then the others have to find a way.

I can't see this team going 5-3 or worst in the 2nd half, because to me, that means they would have given up, and this is a team that knows how to fight, knows how to claw its way backs, knows how to punch teams in the mouth with a physical brand of football. They'll find a way to get it back, to battle its way back into the picture of prominence, because thats what they've always done, and that is what they know. I never seen this team just lie down without a fight, without scrapping it to the final round, the more desperate they seem to get, the better they seem to be.

Half these guys are still fighting for, playing for contracts, and most of them still yet their own legacy has individuals and as a team. I know deep down, that they won't give up, its in their make-up, in their philosophy to go All In, and to win, and to be the best team in the NFL.

Sure, it may seem the road ahead isn't easy or pretty or smooth, but these team likes it ugly, it likes it hard, and it loves the challenge, especially when all the doubters and haters give them the slightest chance to succeed.

Win SNF vs Arizona, make it a statement game, and keep moving forward, keep it rolling, Seahawks have it in them to will themselves to a 3rd Straight Superbowl berth.

Latest posts