Forget Bevell,Walsh,Cable,Lane etc.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Steve2222":155v6dvz said:
Scorpion05":155v6dvz said:
This is a ridiculous thread. Not because Russell doesn't miss throws like damn near every other QB. Not because he's held to an impossible standard. But because he has virtually no running game to speak of, a suspect defense, and STILL continues to come out and keep us in games or outright win it. I am just outright baffled by the inability to be reasonable around here. He's doing something only Rodgers or Brady could do week in and week out. Until he gets a proper running game this thread is patently absurd

Amen. Currently he is the only QB in the league carrying his team every single week. He’s the MVP of the season if it was awarded how it should be.

over 80% of the offensive yards and over 95% of the tds only QB in the history since the SB to do it

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seafan":1eouq12o said:
ducks41468":1eouq12o said:
The slow starts are by design. Notice how the only two games in which he's played well were the Atlanta and Houston games where our defense couldn't get stops and forced our offense to keep up. Wilson can play well when the coaching staff feels like it. God forbid we actually take a double-digit lead in the first half of a game.

Atlanta? He spotted them a 14 point lead. The staff and RW can't turn it on when they want. The Hawks are 7-4 with a middling schedule which says exactly what kind of team they are.

great tell you coaches its their game plan

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
LOL I remember reading articles about Packer fans criticizing Aaron Rodgers. I guess this is what happens when you have a good QB. People should be happy we have a franchise QB. Did Wilson makes some mistakes, yeah he did, but don't act like he has to be 100 Percent accurate on every play, no QB is like that, let's hope he brings his A game against Philadelphia, it always seems like it when he's against another high flying offense.

It seems the thing that we don't have on this team is that a guy that can get open on the fly and get Yards after the catch. I believe that's the type of play makers we are missing. I'm jealous when watching other teams offensive players get a 10 yard separation from their defender, while our guys have maybe 2-3 yards of cushion before they are tackle.

Seafan

Reaction score
Steve2222":31wefom4 said:
Seafan":31wefom4 said:
ducks41468":31wefom4 said:
The slow starts are by design. Notice how the only two games in which he's played well were the Atlanta and Houston games where our defense couldn't get stops and forced our offense to keep up. Wilson can play well when the coaching staff feels like it. God forbid we actually take a double-digit lead in the first half of a game.

Atlanta? He spotted them a 14 point lead. The staff and RW can't turn it on when they want. The Hawks are 7-4 with a middling schedule which says exactly what kind of team they are.

To be fair they’re looking 9-2 right in the face with a competent kicker

They are 7-4. You are what your record says. Likely a 10-6, 9-7 team. If the team could turn its offense on when it wants it would. If Walsh had made the kick against Falcons it may have gotten the team to OT.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seafan":24oi5fv2 said:
Steve2222":24oi5fv2 said:
Seafan":24oi5fv2 said:
ducks41468":24oi5fv2 said:

They are 7-4. You are what your record says. Likely a 10-6, 9-7 team. If the team could turn its offense on when it wants it would. If Walsh had made the kick against Falcons it may have gotten the team to OT.

They’re 7-4, but to be fair, they’re looking 9-2 right in the face with a competent kicker

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seafan":vgptpof5 said:
Steve2222":vgptpof5 said:
Seafan":vgptpof5 said:
ducks41468":vgptpof5 said:

" If the team could turn its offense on when it wants it would." this makes no sense, first everyone knows we script our first 15 plays, that alone can take the whole 1 st qtr. 2nd PC has said many times they use the first half to probe the defense. So if you want to complain about the offense complain to PC its his choice, we have seen what happens when he chooses to open it up from start to finish, Houston, and we have seen when he chooses not to, most other games. I don't like it any more than you but I am not the coach and the coach does not give a flip what we say. So I deal with it and hope RW can do what he does every time, oh and our FG kicker can do his job LOL.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Here we go again. The Russ is Jesus fans and the Russ is Satan fans. Do you guys have middle ground at all? He has pro's and weaknesses. Thankfully he has way more positives then negatives.

He makes passes only a cpl qb's would make. He has survived behind a weak line that 99% would of died behind. He can throw on the run and he can throw the damn deep ball.

He also runs into sacks and struggles on slants and fades.

Again top 5 QB. Glad he is ours.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Anthony!":uw77j17z said:
getnasty":uw77j17z said:
Scorpion05":uw77j17z said:
This is a ridiculous thread. Not because Russell doesn't miss throws like damn near every other QB. Not because he's held to an impossible standard. But because he has virtually no running game to speak of, a suspect defense, and STILL continues to come out and keep us in games or outright win it. I am just outright baffled by the inability to be reasonable around here. He's doing something only Rodgers or Brady could do week in and week out. Until he gets a proper running game this thread is patently absurd

Maybe I'm wrong and it's just the people around Russell that are better in the second half thus Russ is better but in my opinion the only difference between the first half and the second half is 100% RW. Is that fair? Probably not but when your the franchise QB and making 22 million a year we need 4 quarters not 2 1/2. Might work against the 49ers and other mediocre team, almost worked against Washington and Atlanta but it's not gonna work against good teams.

okay I am going to try this one more time. they script the first 15 palys which sometimes takes up the whole first qtr. Then they keep probing so that in the 2nd half they can do something that is straight form PC so argue with him. Other than that not sure what you are saying.

By your Logic Russell Wilson is only good if Bevell calls a good game. I don't think this is the case it's pretty obvious when dopeyeyed Russell is playing and determined Russell is playing. I'm probably the second biggest Russell fan outside of you buddy but his first half play sucks compared to his second half play. If you want to blame coaching for his first half preformance then let's give Bevell all the credit for the second half performance.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Wilson is still developing but he has actually impressed me the most this season of all previous ones for what he has managed to do with such a crap supporting cast - namely the coaching and line.

I'm convinced you give him a few improved pieces here and there and a far more competent staff and he could rock the league over the next 3-5 seasons.

Just as concerned though that doesn't happen and he ends up injured as he once again tries to will a victory week after week.

This season he has for the first time developed into the franchise QB so many threw at him too soon. Now I want him to given the players around him that his talent deserves.

For that to happen Pete (and others) must go.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":9bp7bvql said:
Anthony!":9bp7bvql said:
getnasty":9bp7bvql said:
Scorpion05":9bp7bvql said:

Maybe I'm wrong and it's just the people around Russell that are better in the second half thus Russ is better but in my opinion the only difference between the first half and the second half is 100% RW. Is that fair? Probably not but when your the franchise QB and making 22 million a year we need 4 quarters not 2 1/2. Might work against the 49ers and other mediocre team, almost worked against Washington and Atlanta but it's not gonna work against good teams.

okay I am going to try this one more time. they script the first 15 palys which sometimes takes up the whole first qtr. Then they keep probing so that in the 2nd half they can do something that is straight form PC so argue with him. Other than that not sure what you are saying.

By your Logic Russell Wilson is only good if Bevell calls a good game. I don't think this is the case it's pretty obvious when dopeyeyed Russell is playing and determined Russell is playing. I'm probably the second biggest Russell fan outside of you buddy but his first half play sucks compared to his second half play. If you want to blame coaching for his first half preformance then let's give Bevell all the credit for the second half performance.

lol believe what you want but when the HC says they use the first half and you cant win it in the 1st or 2nd or 3rd I would say they are setting the tone. As to giving bevel credit I do when he deserves it, but when part of his game plan is Rw magic then one has to question if he deserves any of it. but hey believe what you want despite what the coaches have said

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":2i4ziey5 said:
this is ridiculous... a 3 win team at best without him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying he isn't great but do you think he's anywhere near as good in the 1st quarter then he is in the 4th. I bet if you put every QB in the NFL stats in the 1st half up he would be middle of the pack at best.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":7l8qv04a said:
DJ_CJ":7l8qv04a said:

I'm not saying he isn't great but do you think he's anywhere near as good in the 1st quarter then he is in the 4th. I bet if you put every QB in the NFL stats in the 1st half up he would be middle of the pack at best.

Dude if you cant tell what is going on just by watching the game, and listening to the coaches then I don't know what to tell you. In the 1 st qtr it is all scripted plays so if the play is not good, guess what no much happens, oh and by the way he competes for over 60% of his passes in the 1st qtr, the problem is it is for 6 ypa, why? because these are not plays to do anything other than feel out the defense. So I guess to make it very clear it is not about if he is good in the 1st qtr or not but what is being called, and what they are trying to accomplish. The biggest difference in the 1st qtr and 4th is Rw has a lot more latitude in what he is allowed to do. The whole you cant win it in the 1, 2 or 3rd qtr thing, FY actually 3rd qtr is his worst from a complt % standpoint. and FYI for the half, he is completing over 62% of his passes.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Anthony!":9ol78xac said:
. In the 1 st qtr it is all scripted plays

You say this all the time and that is not how play scripting works. Teams don't say "We are going to run these 15 plays no matter what"

The script is broken down into sections. So play one is 1st and 10 from the 25-yard line then they have a play for the first 3rd and long, they have their first play in the red zone first play for goal to go. That is how the script works

Here is a good read on the subject

"Scripting is isolating each situation that comes up and establishing what comes up.”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/8/24 ... sean-mcvay

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Anthony!":ifh0nfou said:
getnasty":ifh0nfou said:
DJ_CJ":ifh0nfou said:

Dude if you cant tell what is going on just by watching the game, and listening to the coaches then I don't know what to tell you. In the 1 st qtr it is all scripted plays so if the play is not good, guess what no much happens, oh and by the way he competes for over 60% of his passes in the 1st qtr, the problem is it is for 6 ypa, why? because these are not plays to do anything other than feel out the defense. So I guess to make it very clear it is not about if he is good in the 1st qtr or not but what is being called, and what they are trying to accomplish. The biggest difference in the 1st qtr and 4th is Rw has a lot more latitude in what he is allowed to do. The whole you cant win it in the 1, 2 or 3rd qtr thing, FY actually 3rd qtr is his worst from a complt % standpoint. and FYI for the half, he is completing over 62% of his passes.

Once again your saying Russell is only as good as the play caller. I don't care if there scripted or not your blind if you think Russell Wilson starts games sharp. Don't get so defensive about Russell it's ok to say yeah that first pass he threw yesterday was garage and a poor decision because it was. I would bet anything if Bevell called the same play in the 4th quarter the outcome is way different. We all understand there scripted we all understand it a different offense when were down by 14 points in the 4th quarter but I'm saying regardless of play call he needs to be more accurate with his throws and make better decisions with the ball.

Fade

Reaction score
getnasty":2nnnfww5 said:
http://www.nfl.com/player/russellwilson/2532975/situationalstats
Here a look at the difference in numbers by half. Once again I realize were calling a game different but there more to the staggering difference then play call.
RW is just executing the gameplan. Pete refuses to play offense until he has to.

For 26 straight games the Seahawks have failed to score a TD on the opening drive.

So is it A) The coaching staff isn't very good with gameplanning / lack of emphasis on scheming / philosophy.

or Is it B) Russell Wilson magically transforms into a different player every game in the 2nd half.

It is obvious to anyone watching.

The gameplans are uninspired, and stubborn more than anything. Then the Seahawks are down in the game / struggle, they throw the gameplan in the trash, and put the ball in RWs hands and allow him to go win the game. Calling plays that are more tailored to RW, and the personnel on the team. Essentially the plays they should have been calling from the start.

You see Pete has a dream (philosophy) to play a certain way, personnel be damned, and won't abandon it until he has to.

Anthony!

Reaction score
sdog1981":ru7y30xc said:
Anthony!":ru7y30xc said:
. In the 1 st qtr it is all scripted plays

You say this all the time and that is not how play scripting works. Teams don't say "We are going to run these 15 plays no matter what"

The script is broken down into sections. So play one is 1st and 10 from the 25-yard line then they have a play for the first 3rd and long, they have their first play in the red zone first play for goal to go. That is how the script works

Here is a good read on the subject

"Scripting is isolating each situation that comes up and establishing what comes up.”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/8/24 ... sean-mcvay

Dude first last I checked that is what Aruians and mcvay do, that does not mean that is how we do it, I really dont care what the link say I am going with what the coaches say. but thanks any way it still does not change that we script our first 15 plays and most of the time we dont do squat with them

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":25e3kf4h said:
Anthony!":25e3kf4h said:
getnasty":25e3kf4h said:
DJ_CJ":25e3kf4h said:

Once again your saying Russell is only as good as the play caller. I don't care if there scripted or not your blind if you think Russell Wilson starts games sharp. Don't get so defensive about Russell it's ok to say yeah that first pass he threw yesterday was garage and a poor decision because it was. I would bet anything if Bevell called the same play in the 4th quarter the outcome is way different. We all understand there scripted we all understand it a different offense when were down by 14 points in the 4th quarter but I'm saying regardless of play call he needs to be more accurate with his throws and make better decisions with the ball.

once again over 60% complt % in 1st half and you are blind if you dont see how play calling impacts performance.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":btupzml7 said:
http://www.nfl.com/player/russellwilson/2532975/situationalstats

Here a look at the difference in numbers by half. Once again I realize were calling a game different but there more to the staggering difference then play call.

interesting ESPN has different stats.