Former Hawks Player Kellen Winslow claims CTE made Him Rape...

NoGain

Reaction score
That was a sad and sick little NFL story when it came to light.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Kellen Winslow Jr should be written every time he is mentioned instead of the Great one, Kellen Winslow. He has to be completely embarrassed that he gave him that name. My dad was, when his Grandson was named after him, and he has spent many different vacays in prison. None for rape or sexual crimes, my nephew is a meth, bank fraud, mail thief.

On the subject of Kellen Winslow and TE's of today that seem so much better. It is the game, where picks are used to get open, the receivers seldom get lit up, and the game is like pinball. KW was as good as the Kelces. It is just that TE's are WRs now. Even the records for TDs, completion pctg, yards and ratings are more related to rule changes than better players. Put Mahomes in the 1980's and play the NYG with 56 playing like a Mad Dog.

I realize people love the new way it is played, but it isn't really what I call football anymore.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He’s claiming that he has brain Damage that caused him to rape five women. If he does have That, then he can’t be in free society even after his sentence is over. California will civil commit him to the mental ward for sexually violent predators and keep him there indefinitely If he actually convinces them his behavior is incurable. Hes on the registry for life so saying he wants to go and coach kids in Florida isn’t happening either.

Last edited:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
He’s claiming that he has brain Damage that caused him to rape five women. If he does have That, then he can’t be in free society even after his sentence is over. California will civil commit him to the mental ward for sexually violent predators and keep him there indefinitely If he actually convinces them his behavior is incurable. Hes on the registry for life so saying he wants to go and coach kids in Florida isn’t happening either.
When a dog is so sick it can't stop biting people, we put 'em down. That's what we should do with KW Jr.

Boohman14

Reaction score
In reading his charges and methods it's odd that he only got a 14 year sentence. He should just do his time. I don't know what his parole package will look like but I suspect it won't allow for much free movement. If he trips and falls into another sex charge he's going back for a long stretch. He should have got 20 for the forcable rape plus more for other victims. In Oregon he'd have been looking at 30 years and in Washington he's never see the light of day free.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
In reading his charges and methods it's odd that he only got a 14 year sentence. He should just do his time. I don't know what his parole package will look like but I suspect it won't allow for much free movement. If he trips and falls into another sex charge he's going back for a long stretch. He should have got 20 for the forcable rape plus more for other victims. In Oregon he'd have been looking at 30 years and in Washington he's never see the light of day free.

Pleaded Down from possible life. However, here in California we have indefinite civil commitment for sexually violent predators. Him putting this all on a uncontrollable condition is inviting the state to lock him up forever.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Very good. Washington has a similar law. Oregon needs to look into this. I understand how the State gave him such an easy sentence, because he has $$.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Pleaded Down from possible life. However, here in California we have indefinite civil commitment for sexually violent predators. Him putting this all on a uncontrollable condition is inviting the state to lock him up forever.
I was going to ask about this. It seems risky. Could a sentence simultaneously be extended while a prisoner is remanded to a treatment facility instead of a prison?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I was going to ask about this. It seems risky. Could a sentence simultaneously be extended while a prisoner is remanded to a treatment facility instead of a prison?

Civil Commitment isn’t part of the sentence. Its purpose is to keep sexually violent predators whose sentences have expired in custody indefinitely at a courts discretion.

This guy is on lifetime parole. My God, the Easiest way for the state to monitor him will be to send him straight to Coalinga after his incarceration is finished.

Last edited:

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Kellen Winslow Jr should be written every time he is mentioned instead of the Great one, Kellen Winslow. He has to be completely embarrassed that he gave him that name.
Winslow Sr. is a tool, too. Don't let the veneer fool ya. It was Sr that called UW a racist school (for having no black coaches) and insisted Jr instead enroll at Miami to play for the criminal Canes. How'd that work out?

I doubt Warren Moon ever felt the Dub was a "racist school".

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Should be mandatory life w/o possibility of parole.

Winslow got 14 years on a plea bargain in 2019. He agreed he would not appeal, but did following Newsoms approval of a 2020 law mandating resentencing for trauma victims. He’s saying he was one due to the nfl even though his First rape count happened in 2003 and he’d preferred the cte defense during Plea negotiations already.

Latest posts