Former NFL players reaction to DeflateGate and Brady

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Ya know I'm past this . The NFL won't do jack crap to the patriots they never really have and never will . So they cheated the NFL does not care about the integrity of the game . They care about ratings and money . The league is a joke a shadow of its self. This Super Bowl is tainted . No changing that . The game it's self is being destroyed with bad calls ala Detroit Dallas . Let's suspend Sean Payton because ignorance is not an excuses but it's ok for belicheck !?!? This soap opera is just getting old.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2w5w3zkn said:
marymoorhawk":2w5w3zkn said:
Sgt. Largent":2w5w3zkn said:
marymoorhawk":2w5w3zkn said:
They played the second half with balls that were legal and scored 28 points. I think this is being blown way out of proportion and the media is feasting on it (shocking, the media driving a story - who knew!).

How many convicts do you know that got caught and that was the very first time they committed the crime?

The answer is zero, zero convicts.

So enough with the argument that this didn't have an impact on the Colts outcome. No it didn't, but it sure as hell could have had an impact on years and years of much closer Patriots games, including the one the very week before against the Ravens.

Do you honestly think Brady just started doing this for the Colts game? Dudes been in the league for 14 years.

Speaking of blowing things out of proportion - comparing this to convicts?

More like a speeding ticket. Sure, its against the rules (or law) but its not really a serious crime to me. Do you throw someone in jail for speeding? No, you slap them with a fine and move on. Exactly what they should do here and be done with it.

Can we play the game already?

Plenty of people go to jail for speeding. All depends on the severity of the offense. If you had a loved one killed by someone driving 97 miles an hour, your stance on its seriousness would probably change.

Kind of like deflating one football one time is different than potentially gaining an advantage in every game you have played since 2007.

Kind of like that.

That's more like reckless driving.

Rocket

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zb27jc3c said:
Made my sick last night to see that literally the ONLY analysts defending this sham is ex Patriots like Willie McGinest, Heath Evans and Drew Bledsoe.

It's like some cult they don't want to be kicked out of.
Cult... BINGO !!!

razgriz737

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":2300v93j said:
NFL: Coach Belichick, did you order the “Deflation?”
Mediots: You don’t have to answer that question!
Coach Belichick: I’ll answer the question!
[to NFL]
Coach Belichick: You want answers?
NFL: I think we’re entitled to.
Coach Belichick: You want answers?
NFL: We want the truth!
Coach Belichick: You can’t handle the truth!
Coach Belichick: We live in a world that has balls, and those balls have to be guarded by men with striped shirts. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Microphone? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Colts, and you curse the Patriots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the Colts loss, while tragic, probably saved games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on those balls, you need me on those balls. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very football that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a football, and run a post pattern. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
NFL: Did you order the “Deflation?”
Coach Belichick: I did the job I...
NFL: Did you order the “Deflation?”
Coach Belichick: You’re Goddamn right I did!
Legendary :bow: :bow: :bow:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
My understanding is that the NFLPA is getting involved before Brady is interviewed. That's the reason for the delay in bringing Tom into the questioning process.

rams2050

Reaction score
I hope the NFL has been smart enough to go immediately to the ball boys and equipment manager and to get their comments on the record.

I have heard that there is a team of 40 people from the NFL investigating this matter. Don't know if it's true, but that is what I heard today.

I just hope that someone is keeping an eye on Patriots' spy Ernie Adams, he of the photographic memory, who allegedly watches the other team's signals and relays to Brady over a special undetectable frequency to a mic in his helmet, one that stays activated until 1-second before the ball is snapped, exactly what his opponent's defensive alignment is signaling so that Brady knows exactly where to throw the ball.

Ernie Adams is one of the huge pieces to the puzzle that is this unprecedented amount of winning in a sports league that prides itself on having 'parity,' whatever that is when it comes to the Patriots.

morgulon1

Reaction score
253hawk":31vj8px3 said:
I like how the media asked him straight up "Is Tom Brady a cheater?" And his reply was "I don't believe so."

What??? Who answers an accusation like that? Why not just a flat-out "No"? In what world do you answer such a question any other way? "I don't believe so" reeks of guilt; he doesn't think messing with the balls is cheating.

Absolute true fact. 253HAWK is correct. "I don't believe so" leaves a question of what his personal views of his actions are....TO HIM. He could of said, "I don't think so" which would be in effect the same thing but IMHO a little worse.
Dude is guilty I think and it's a pretty big deal to do ( alledgedly) what he did. Punishment? Well I'm really at a loss to try
and guess what the league will do if they determine that Tom Shady is to blame for this. They might give him the Hammer of Thor to save credibility but a part of me feels they'll try and let a little time go by . The way they handled Ray Rice when he punched out his wife doesn't give me confidence.

Latest posts