Former Saint Darren Sharper charged with rape--Update

Subzero717

Reaction score
HawkWow":j80dmbxp said:
chris98251":j80dmbxp said:
This to me makes zero sense, you have all the money if smart you could want, a lifestyle where women are throwing themselves on you to a large degree yet you do this?

I think that's exactly why he's doing this. Women throwing themselves at you can get rather tedious, too. Routine. He's found a little something that deviates from the norm and now he is jailed as a deviant.

I'm sure in his mind, it was OK. Knowing he could bed the chicks anyway... what the hell? Tired of chicks giving him everything he wanted...he wanted chicks that would give him nothing.

Again, rape has zero to do with sex. Rape is about control, self-empowerment and degradation. I'm sure psychologists see a Sharper, the retired star athlete, as a guy that checks many of the boxes in cases such as this.

Only while technically he did rape them they were basically lifeless. Wheres the power etc in that.

HawkWow

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2feo68hc said:
HawkWow":2feo68hc said:
chris98251":2feo68hc said:
This to me makes zero sense, you have all the money if smart you could want, a lifestyle where women are throwing themselves on you to a large degree yet you do this?

I think that's exactly why he's doing this. Women throwing themselves at you can get rather tedious, too. Routine. He's found a little something that deviates from the norm and now he is jailed as a deviant.

I'm sure in his mind, it was OK. Knowing he could bed the chicks anyway... what the hell? Tired of chicks giving him everything he wanted...he wanted chicks that would give him nothing.

Again, rape has zero to do with sex. Rape is about control, self-empowerment and degradation. I'm sure psychologists see a Sharper, the retired star athlete, as a guy that checks many of the boxes in cases such as this.

Only while technically he did rape them they were basically lifeless. Wheres the power etc in that.

That is absolute power. Think about it. If the victim is 100% incapacitated, the perp is 100% in control. Control = power.

I think it was a matter of it all becoming very mundane for Sharper. Every chick is just another chick...but he is the score of a lifetime for them, so he is expected to be romantic and live up to some pre-conceived image his date may have about dating a mega star.

He's expected to instill hope that they just might see each other again. Candlelight, kissing perhaps a Jacuzzi in a swanky hotel. I think it got old for him and he just wanted to cut to the chase, but while still getting that feeling of control and power. Who knows what he was doing to them while unconcho? But my guess is that they are / were all recorded. No more, I am also sure.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Turns out in the Nawlins case, Shaper had a partner. This changes everything. I'm sure this 26 yr old does not have the same finances as Sharper...who wisely hired a top female attorney. As of this writing...the media is unsure whether or not the kid even has council. 100% the cops are scaring the bejesus out of this kid right now, even after reading him his Miranda. They don't dick around in Nawlins...and their goon squads / police are legendary.

"We want Sharper...roll over on him or you will be getting butt raped over the next 20 years in Angola" Angola has been called the worst prison in America. VERY bad news for Sharper. This guy is going to give them anything they want...whether real or fabricated. I don't see Sharper walking away from this.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like more charges for Sharper...this time from Las Vegas

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/578959856213843968[/tweet]

titan3131

Reaction score
SPEECHLESS.

How do you need to rape anyone in LAS VEGAS?

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/11898147-172/darren-sharper-has-struck-plea[/urltargetblank]

Looks like he has a deal in LA and NO. I'm guessing his lawyers are working to get deals in every jurisdiction.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Just sad. If this guy saved all of his money, he's still gonna be broke after a the legal fees he is going to have. On the bright side, you don't really need money while you're in jail.

kearly

Reaction score
Drugging and having sex with attractive women, it seems much more logical to think that is about pleasure seeking than insecurity issues. It's easy sex that they believe they can get away with.

I have no doubt that in some cases it is about power or humiliation of the victim. Though I would guess that in the majority of those cases the rapist and the victim are not strangers.

Largent80

Reaction score
It takes a pretty twisted mind to do these things.

Dude needs to rot in prison. Only after a bulls eye is tattooed on his ass.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
rideaducati":395ol6xb said:
Just sad. If this guy saved all of his money, he's still gonna be broke after a the legal fees he is going to have. On the bright side, you don't really need money while you're in jail.

Seems like he's already in financial trouble. While in prison, he already tried to sue the Saints.

That being said, what this POS did was inhumane and unforgivable.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000480787/article/darren-sharper-gets-9-years-in-arizona-sex-assault[/urltargetblank]

Former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper was sentenced to nine years in federal prison Monday immediately after he pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a woman in Arizona, marking the first change of plea of the day for the former safety accused of drugging and assaulting women in four states.

He also is expected to change his plea in person in Los Angeles on similar allegations. Similar hearings will follow in Las Vegas this week and in New Orleans in the next month.

Largent80

Reaction score
So, with all these other cases pending, will he get additional time in those?.

obviously he should, however, this is the American "justice" system we are talking about.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1thjkwqj said:
So, with all these other cases pending, will he get additional time in those?.

obviously he should, however, this is the American "justice" system we are talking about.

It's possible. It's also possible whatever time he gets could be served concurrent with what he just got. It just depends on what deal he makes with prosecutors in each location.