Former Seahawks WR Jermaine Kearse retires from the NFL

ivotuk

Reaction score

God Bless you Jermaine Kearse. Will always be a big fan of yours for being so tough on some of those catches, and being a big factor in 2 SuperB Owl appearances, and 1 win.

Jermaine Kearse, the homegrown wide receiver who made some of the biggest catches in Seahawks history, is calling it a career after eight NFL seasons.

Kearse announced his retirement Tuesday morning in a heartfelt message on his Instagr
am account.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1190864/ ... e-retires/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFuXRO2nLNu ... zfgx9mulx5

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Man...I read the instagram post, brought tears to my eyes. We were fortunate to have had him on our team. :irishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great guy, made some absolutely fantastic catches for us that I will never forget. Thanks for the memories Jermaine! Much respect and well wishes to your post NFL life.

Jermainekearse

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great guy and made some of the biggest plays in team history. Will never forget that moment in our end zone and yelling "WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL" and seeing him huck that ball up in to the stands. He had such a bad game and made THE catch.

Reaction score
That catch at the end of the Super Bowl where he caught it off his Leg would go down as one of the biggest plays in Super Bowl history, if Marshawn had made it in on the next play....or if he'd been able to fight through Brandon Browner's hold and rub Malcom Butler out of the play he(Butler) made the interception.

I liked Kearse a lot, but he could be frustrating with hands of Stone hands at times....I do wish him well. Always great when a local kid makes good for the local team :)

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Clutch catches...and one HELL of a blocking WR. Happy retirement, Mr. Kearse!

ZLDRider

Reaction score
A few years ago, during our 40th High School Reunion, a bunch of us former Lakes H.S. classmates took a tour of the new school (it's been remodeled) and saw Kearse's "shine" for want of a better term. It's quite a sight.

I was bummed when he left our team but, it's a business.

ivotuk":1gbjr1vl said:

God Bless you Jermaine Kearse. Will always be a big fan of yours for being so tough on some of those catches, and being a big factor in 2 SuperB Owl appearances, and 1 win.

Jermaine Kearse, the homegrown wide receiver who made some of the biggest catches in Seahawks history, is calling it a career after eight NFL seasons.

Kearse announced his retirement Tuesday morning in a heartfelt message on his Instagr
am account.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1190864/ ... e-retires/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFuXRO2nLNu ... zfgx9mulx5

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score

Former Seahawks WR Jermaine Kearse retires after eight NFL seasons

The Seahawks expressed gratitude for Kearse's contributions in the comments of his Instagram post, writing "Congrats on a great career @jkearse15. Enjoy retirement and know you will always be a Seahawks Legend! #GoHawks"

Once seen unfit of a draft pick, Kearse rides into the sunset with a career worth fondly remembering by those in his home state.

https://www.nfl.com/news/former-seahawk ... fl-seasons

Palpitation

Reaction score
Kearse was a key cog in that offense when we won the SB. 100% on every play. Caught the game winning TD against the Pack to go to the SB. Bounced off and escaped 4 donk defenders to score a TD in the SB. Amazing catch against the pats in the next.

Good memories, good times. Thanks JK.

andyh64000

Reaction score
He is a class act and a proud Seahawk and part of one of the best memories of my life :). I just wish his epic catch in Super Bowl 49 was something we remember fondly.

50400231032 dbba0a94bd o d

olyfan63

Reaction score
Tremendous football smarts and hard worker. I remember when he finally made it up to the roster from the Practice Squad, how so many of his teammates were celebrating him, how much he deserved the promotion.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He lived every Puget Sound kids dream. Played highschool football here, played college football here, and played NFL football and won a Super Bowl here. Class act and a Super Bowl champion always! Thanks for the awesome memories JK. :2thumbs: