Frank Clark's Police Report (For Off Field Discussion)

bigtrain21

Reaction score
massari":3n1y15jq said:
I'd bet most men in the NFL have hit/abused a woman but just havn't been caught. This is why people just need to focus on the game and not get into personal lives.

I'd bet most haven't.

massari

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2hgmcnsd said:
massari":2hgmcnsd said:
I'd bet most men in the NFL have hit/abused a woman but just havn't been caught. This is why people just need to focus on the game and not get into personal lives.

I'd bet most haven't.

You obviously havn't seen these guys in a party setting around women, have you? Or had friends or sisters who attend a school or party with football teams present?

Though, it's mostly a delusion on my part that MOST are abusers so probably should just keep it to myself. :lol:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
massari":1a6bcabc said:
bigtrain21":1a6bcabc said:
massari":1a6bcabc said:

I'd bet most haven't.

You obviously havn't seen these guys in a party setting around women, have you? Or had friends or sisters who attend a school or party with football teams present?

Though, it's mostly a delusion on my part that MOST are abusers so probably should just keep it to myself. :lol:
You are doing the exact same thing many of the people condemning Clark are doing. Guessing about things you don't actually know.

massari

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3lx9opnm said:
massari":3lx9opnm said:
bigtrain21":3lx9opnm said:
massari":3lx9opnm said:

I'd bet most haven't.

You are doing the exact same thing many of the people condemning Clark are doing. Guessing about things you don't actually know.

Maybe the difference is that I realize those types of opinions are delusional, meaning not necessarily reality, so just because I'd bet that most (meaning anything over 50%) NFL players have abused a woman physically/sexually one time or another, doesn't mean I think it's fact. It's like betting on the outcome of a football game. I don't know who's going to win but I have personal views to make me lean towards one side over the other.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
For me this controversy ended when I saw the quotes from the prosecutor.

Maybe she is incompetent, I don't care, but I'm not about to be outraged by Seahawks decision to draft this guy, when a prosecutor in charge of the case doesn't seem to think too much of the incident. Sorry!

Give me a break!

grizbob

Reaction score
massari":4t4xx1i1 said:
Maybe the difference is that I realize those types of opinions are delusional, meaning not necessarily reality, so just because I'd bet that most (meaning anything over 50%) NFL players have abused a woman physically/sexually one time or another, doesn't mean I think it's fact. It's like betting on the outcome of a football game. I don't know who's going to win but I have personal views to make me lean towards one side over the other.

Huh? :?

ducks41468

Reaction score
I think a lot of the outrage is because the Seahawks were the team that drafted him. We're already widely reviled by media trolls and fans alike, and this is just more fuel to the fire. Imagine if the Ravens drafted him, for example. It would be just as bad. I doubt most of this nonsense even has to do with Clark himself.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Be really fun to watch his first 10 or so sacks this season. This is about football, and a lot of this hand-wringing will be gone. It works for moral apologists and self-righteous dummies equally well.

kf3339

Reaction score
Tom Brady lied about his involvement in illegally deflating footballs, refused to cooperate with the investigator, in affect dared the league to go after him and is now crying like a baby and challenging the decision which IMO was way to easy on him. And yet this is what some people still want to talk about?

Come on.

massari

Reaction score
kf3339":2nsprwec said:
Tom Brady lied about his involvement in illegally deflating footballs, refused to cooperate with the investigator, in affect dared the league to go after him and is now crying like a baby and challenging the decision which IMO was way to easy on him. And yet this is what some people still want to talk about?

Come on.

I think he's saying abusing footballs is worse than abusing a human being.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I fully expect that the release of this video will re-fuel this discussion and bring out passionate debate on both sides. After listening to this though, I would say that (unfortunately) the police footage we see here doesn't really give us anything we haven't already heard. Perhaps others may see this differently, but after viewing this I would say that there is really no new information to be gained here.

kf3339

Reaction score
massari":x44abqyk said:
kf3339":x44abqyk said:

Come on.

I think he's saying abusing footballs is worse than abusing a human being.

No, if you are referring to me then I'm saying that the Frank Clark argument of his past is over at this point. The team made a decision to give him the benefit of the doubt and we should as well. I could give a rats ass about news commentators and writers with their biased agendas. He is our player and am very glad he is on this team.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":24j9uyc1 said:
I fully expect that the release of this video will re-fuel this discussion and bring out passionate debate on both sides. After listening to this though, I would say that (unfortunately) the police footage we see here doesn't really give us anything we haven't already heard. Perhaps others may see this differently, but after viewing this I would say that there is really no new information to be gained here.
That's because there is no new information here. It's just more piling on, but if anything it supports the actual facts of the case and not what the media and some idiots around here so desperately want to believe.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":hjnhgo6k said:

I listened to it. Doesn't seem to offer anything new. Only thing it really tells you is how he sounded when talking to the cops.
He's relatively cooperative. Admits he had been drinking, sounds like he agreed to the pat-down. Doesn't make any clearer what did or didn't happen between them.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
brimsalabim":ie3l1ynh said:
Regardless Clark will now have a spot light shining upon his off field activities. I hope he understands that he will be held to a higher standard now. He will get his chance to show who he truly is.
I just hope he understands how much trouble and stress the Sea org and fans have endured and goes out and abuses somebody--on the field.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
How I feel talking about this:

I think we should judge how he will turn out with the Seahawks based on one mistake he made in the past, without doing research and having all the details on that incident. Hes obviously a terrible person because the media painted that picture for me to believe, and the media doesn't lie and always tells the complete story. :sarcasm_off: