Free Eddie!!!

Seymour

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ed7oxft said:
Seymour":2ed7oxft said:
ImTheScientist":2ed7oxft said:
3.1 ypc by Carson isn't going to get it done.

Judging a RB with a crap oline is not a great way to evaluate his talent.

Example A.

2015 Marshawn Lynch (with a better oline) 417 yards 111 att. 3.8 ave.

2017 Chris Carson 166 yards 37 att. 4.5 ave.

Is Carson 16% better than Lynch was in 2015?

Considering Lynch was hurt all year and lost motivation playing behind our turnstile OL .... yeah I would say Carson is better than Lynch's last season with us.

I could have presented that better since I agree LOL. My point was, the numbers are hard to compare when the variable of a crap oline is put into the mix.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seymour":gsoowpvf said:
I vowed to let up on the Lacy jokes since he came out and admitted a struggle.

So I will just ask. You do realize this term originated from the Free Willy the whale story correct?

Yes, I am well aware of the movie that I have not seen.

Now, the reason for the dredging.....I was watching a certain site last night and they were commenting on the fact that they could use a RB that is comfortable in their scheme. After all, they have NOBODY at this time. Hence the question....could we get something for him?

Disclaimer.......I dont know what I was gonna disclaim....so nevermind. :p

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":7izipcbb said:
Seymour":7izipcbb said:
I vowed to let up on the Lacy jokes since he came out and admitted a struggle.

So I will just ask. You do realize this term originated from the Free Willy the whale story correct?

Yes, I am well aware of the movie that I have not seen.

Now, the reason for the dredging.....I was watching a certain site last night and they were commenting on the fact that they could use a RB that is comfortable in their scheme. After all, they have NOBODY at this time. Hence the question....could we get something for him?

Disclaimer.......I dont know what I was gonna disclaim....so nevermind. :p

That was more to the OP that started the thread, but OK. :)

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I argue that Carson can get it done
I heard on 710 that he has the second highest yards after contact in the league right now which is a big determining factor for my eyes anyway
Lets give the kid more reps , but with a little misdirection , seems like bev is getting lazy cuz you can almost guaranty what play is coming more and more often
He isn't confusing anybody but the fans let alone a defense

Vesuve

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":oflsr0pv said:

Do you mean, "Free Willy?"

Just kidding.

Carson is the best they have. And note Post #2 on Lacey's Avg YPC.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Where is the Rawls thread! This is insane, I’m in here quite a bit as a Niner fan and I cannot believe they are cutting Thomas Rawls out . If he’s healthy he’s the best of them all and he’s still only 24! What is goin on up there with him. 32 teams would love to have Thomas Rawls. Carol needs to get him 15-18 touches a game

Seymour

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":313ew7yp said:
Where is the Rawls thread! This is insane, I’m in here quite a bit as a Niner fan and I cannot believe they are cutting Thomas Rawls out . If he’s healthy he’s the best of them all and he’s still only 24! What is goin on up there with him. 32 teams would love to have Thomas Rawls. Carol needs to get him 15-18 touches a game

Missed game 1 with an ankle, game 2 had just a few carries, looked rusty and missed a hole that PO'ed Pete. Game 3--on the shit list best I can tell. Baffling really.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":oqgihfkj said:
And Lacy's .6 ypc this season will?

Sigh.

Its. The. Line.

It's also Lacy needing more time in the system. Looking at tape of the GB game, Lacy left a lot of yards on the field with making the wrong reads, hitting the wrong hole, and even cutting back into tacklers and not using his downfield blockers correctly.

It's no coincidence that they took him out after that game.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Put any RB behind this garbage pile OL and they will suck. Truth.

FIRE CABLE

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3fg3j92w said:
Have you actually seen Eddie Lacy play running back? The dude needs 3 yards of open space to get going and he ain't getting that with Cable's Cowards.

Lacy averaged 2.8 yards after contact per carry in 2014, which was 3rd best in the NFL. In 2016, he averaged 3.4 yards after contact, which would have been 2nd best in the league if he had enough carries to qualify.

I agree he has looked like poop in the small sample size we have. The ability is there; I just can't tell if he is mentally there.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2jm9xofj said:
Seanhawk":2jm9xofj said:
Have you actually seen Eddie Lacy play running back? The dude needs 3 yards of open space to get going and he ain't getting that with Cable's Cowards.

Lacy averaged 2.8 yards after contact per carry in 2014, which was 3rd best in the NFL. In 2016, he averaged 3.4 yards after contact, which would have been 2nd best in the league if he had enough carries to qualify.

I agree he has looked like poop in the small sample size we have. The ability is there; I just can't tell if he is mentally there.

And that stat gives you no indication of where that first contact occurred. It could have happened after the three yards of open space I mentioned.

idahohawk

Reaction score
This offense is offensive. It is a miracle Bevell and Cable are still employed. Russ will be lucky to be alive after a few more games. Jokeshow.

ImTheScientist":12ibey5b said:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":i1w7ju08 said:

As Seymour mentioned, Carson is averaging 4.5 ypc for the season and actually off to a fine start in his career. That's a misleading statement by the OP based off a single game performance.

People seem to keep clamorimg for the past of a younger Lacy or a 2015 Rawls instead of accepting the reality factor and embracing an emerging, talented player we have in #32. And guess what? Even All Pro backs have a few off games a season.

People won't admit it, but I'm betting there's many people here skeptical of Carson based purely on his draft status. Many here were all gangbusters over Prosise and Michael just because of where they were drafted and that's a wrong mentality. If they earn their way on the team, they should be judged equally until one prevails over another-just ask Doug.

MOSES

Reaction score
I wonder what effect having Prosise out will have on his playing time this week? Maybe none since McKissic is supposedly taking over Prosise's snaps.

I just think with the bad line they need more of a creator like Carson or Rawls, that's all. I don't think we have been either effective enough as an offensive line or in situations to use him yet (like short yardage or goal line situations)....

Time will tell.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
After this game, unfortunately...Eddie will have a large role.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Lacy led the team in rushing tonight. Pete must have heard my message.

massari

Reaction score
He looked energized after Carson went down.