FS BBK?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2ft9g104 said:
sutz":2ft9g104 said:
With Poona and Reed up front to keep the OL off him, he should be fine.

People said the same thing about Tatupu back in the day. He did all right.

Besides, BBK is not limited to being MLB. He can play the OLB positions, too. He's pretty football smart.

Not sure why people keep wanting to move guys around, away from their core strengths. :Dunno:

I thought Tatupu lack of size was the reason he got hurt.. and you can probably say that about the Boz as well.. Boz wasn't that big a dude.. just juiced.

Sooo what's the correct size for an NFL LB? Never heard anyone complain about Wag's size.

Bobby Wagner

Lofa Tatupu

Boz

BBK

Sam Mills

Tical21

Reaction score
BBK walks around at about 175 after playing.

And isn't fast enough to play safety. Unfortunately, he's just not built to play in this league. All heart, but sometimes that just isn't enough.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":383o6odd said:
Bobblehead":383o6odd said:
sutz":383o6odd said:

Besides, BBK is not limited to being MLB. He can play the OLB positions, too. He's pretty football smart.

Not sure why people keep wanting to move guys around, away from their core strengths. :Dunno:

I thought Tatupu lack of size was the reason he got hurt.. and you can probably say that about the Boz as well.. Boz wasn't that big a dude.. just juiced.

Sooo what's the correct size for an NFL LB? Never heard anyone complain about Wag's size.

Bobby Wagner

Lofa Tatupu

Boz

BBK

Sam Mills

hmm.. well I thought Lofa was a lot smaller..

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":1ijw3xvn said:

And isn't fast enough to play safety. Unfortunately, he's just not built to play in this league. All heart, but sometimes that just isn't enough.

He has room to grown in his thighs and glutes. There are LB's who are under 230 right now and have been successful.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I suggested elsewhere he could make a hybrid "deathbacker" type player.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1sbk32yf said:
seahawkfreak":1sbk32yf said:
Bobblehead":1sbk32yf said:
sutz":1sbk32yf said:

Bobby Wagner

Lofa Tatupu

Boz

BBK

Sam Mills

hmm.. well I thought Lofa was a lot smaller..

I did too my friend until I looked it up a couple years ago. I think there are few Seahawks fan's that would think LT had the same height and was 10 lbs heavier than Wags.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Bobblehead":259o9hjl said:

Finally someone who knows the truth re: Boz, that it wasn't lack of heart or anything silly like that, it was a juiced body on a frame with size 9 feet. Smart player, very effective when healthy, but body couldn't hold up to the NFL.
Tatupu, same thing, not sure if juiced like Boz. Tatupu was our defensive signal caller as a rookie, IIRC.

I think concerns about BBK holding up are legit. Maybe we'll get a couple-three years of good football out of him before his body breaks down under the NFL pounding, and anything more would be a bonus.

xray

Reaction score
I guess we all should be grateful that gaining 10 lbs. is really easy for us . :0190l:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yup, gaining 10 lbs, no problem. Oh, you mean 10 lbs of lean muscle? Well, shoot! That's a little harder.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
olyfan63":3dn3iltm said:
Bobblehead":3dn3iltm said:

Finally someone who knows the truth re: Boz, that it wasn't lack of heart or anything silly like that, it was a juiced body on a frame with size 9 feet. Smart player, very effective when healthy, but body couldn't hold up to the NFL.
Tatupu, same thing, not sure if juiced like Boz. Tatupu was our defensive signal caller as a rookie, IIRC.

I think concerns about BBK holding up are legit. Maybe we'll get a couple-three years of good football out of him before his body breaks down under the NFL pounding, and anything more would be a bonus.

Many years ago, they were interviewing Dave Wyman, and one of the questions was about Boz.. and Wyman responded that.. Boz came in and Dave said he looked at Boz and New instantly, they guy wasn't going to make it. He said his hands, his feet were tiny and no way in hell were they ever going to hold up through a season.. and he was right.

D

DomeHawk

SS not FS. ET played at around 205lbs., BBK is 230 lbs right now.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Tical21":xx8g5fo7 said:

he is faster than Tedric and Kam and McDougald and....