Gamblers' "wisdom"

lobohawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":30buwmq5 said:
HawkWow":30buwmq5 said:
A generous portion of betting money comes from the casual fan. Casual fans have historically bet with reckless abandon on teams like SF, Dallas, GB and more recently, NE. Additionally, Vegas gets many more visits from people from SF than they do people from Seattle. I don't think we are as good (this week) as we were when we trounced SF. I think Kaep and SF are a bit better.

I believe we win simply because, as Sports hernia states...there is team with the same HFA as Seattle. I wouldn't pay attention to the line on this game. Just bet the team you think will win. If you're correct, You'll cover.

Oh, no doubt about it! I think SF is slightly better on offense then they were last year, but their D is going to take a sizeable step back this year IMHO!

Think their front 7 will better with Justin Smith back in the lineup, as compared to the last game. Their secondary will probably be a downgrade though.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks SF is better on offense this year needs to recognize the fact that they were playing the worst defense in the league last week.

Cartire

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2mx42gh7 said:
Anyone who thinks SF is better on offense this year needs to recognize the fact that they were playing the worst defense in the league last week.

Thank you.

And a defense that completely sold out to stop the run because of the embarrassing way they were defeated in the playoffs. And it showed when they couldnt adjust to the passing game.

C-Dub

Reaction score
mretrade":ejyudlyz said:
kearly":ejyudlyz said:
So if the line is -1 Seattle, and the Seahawks end up winning by exactly one point, do all the gamblers get their money refunded? How does that work?

Yes. It is basically ruled a push. I see the line as Sea -3 right now.
Seattle at home as 3 point favorites is a steal. If you can ever get Seattle at home by a few points, it's dumb not to put money down.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
GB is destroying the redskins today 24-0 in the 3rd. WTH happened to the Redskins?

Cartire

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":pb5888s8 said:
GB is destroying the redskins today 24-0 in the 3rd. WTH happened to the Redskins?

You might have missed it, it wasnt covered much by the media, but RG3 had an ACL tear last season against the Seattle Seahawks in the Wild Card playoff game. Then like usual, they mishandled bring back RG3 and have completely handicapped their team.

In all seriousness though: RG3 masked at lot of poor redskins play last year. They did start out 3-6 if everyone remembers.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Thanks, I haven't the opportunity to see him play this year. Just knew shanahole was starting him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":meclahg6 said:

Jeff Fisher and RG3.

Like myself, I think most people, players included, are sick to death of Griffin's shameless ego and self-promotion. His own teammates will likely start feeling the same. We have nothing to worry about in regards to the Redskins. Not for the next several years, anyway. Their self-anointed "man-God" has, IMO, painted a target on his own back as well as the org itself. The Skins would be wise, IMO, to get what they can for the guy and move forward with Cousins, using those picks to solidify the balance of the team.

2 knee surgeries and a head the size of a VW? All that glitters isn't gold, Mr. Snyder. But you should know that by now.