Game balls to give out...

smerfy01

Reaction score
I figure with all the negativity surrounding this game, I'd highlight a few players that had fantastic games.

- Bruce Irvin. This guy continues to impress me. I've been a downer on him the previous 2 seasons but man has he stepped up his game this season. It's great to see him in pass rush and he's made good strides in his gap integrity with running plays. Really key plays made by him.

- Steven Hauschka. Yeah he missed a makeable field goal, but he landed 3 AND recovered a fumble. He had a great game outside of the one miss. And hey, he got me 22 points on my fantasy team, so thanks Hausch!

- Marshawn Lynch. HUGE game. Yeah he didn't rush for 100, but he had 2 touchdowns and some great catches. If our O-line didn't screw him with penalties he'd have an even better game statistically.

- Last, but not least, Robert Turbin. I've hated this guy for a long time. He stepped up today though. Had some great, hard runs and picked up nice first downs. He also had a clutch catch for a first down in the 4th quarter.

We start getting healthier next week, and hopefully we don't have the patchwork on our offensive line going forward, hopefully next week there'll be more names on the list.

Honorable mentions: CMike, ADB, the starting center today (whoever that was >.>), Richard Sherman and Shead.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Newsflash! #22 for Seahawks bounces off would-be tackler and keeps going upfield!

Was nice to see Turbin showing some skills today.

OP
OP
S

smerfy01

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":adrrpkfp said:
Newsflash! #22 for Seahawks bounces off would-be tackler and keeps going upfield!

Was nice to see Turbin showing some skills today.

Seriously. I've NEVER seen him take contact and actually keep going. I thought I misread the jersey and there was a 4 instead of a 2 for a second.

Off topic, but holy hell, if you want a laugh go to the 49er webzone. page 182 and on for their gameday forum. Just a little introspection...that could've been us.

OP
OP
S

smerfy01

Reaction score
Scottemojo":12ivdvto said:

He had a couple really nice catches and so did Richardson...I just want to see more out of them to really give them props like a made-up gameball. I didn't see anything they did that truly effected the outcome of the game, outside of that nice block from Richardson.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Burley, for an excellent pass defenses on third down. ADB for a fantastic point return. Jermaine Kearse for punching the ball out that Hauschka recovered.

jdruaint

Reaction score
smerfy01":3ofo2o1k said:
- Steven Hauschka. Yeah he missed a makeable field goal, but he landed 3 AND recovered a fumble. He had a great game outside of the one miss. And hey, he got me 22 points on my fantasy team, so thanks Hausch!

I saw that too, think it's a espn scoring error though. Unless I'm missing something but not sure how 3 FG's and 3 extra points equals 22 points? Would be 12 no?

OP
OP
S

smerfy01

Reaction score
jdruaint":122yj69p said:
smerfy01":122yj69p said:

I saw that too, think it's a espn scoring error though. Unless I'm missing something but not sure how 3 FG's and 3 extra points equals 22 points? Would be 12 no?

maybe the fumble recovery?

I'd imagine that VERY rarely happens and may be worth a decent amount of points. That could be it actually.

jdruaint

Reaction score
smerfy01":2e0z4cb1 said:
jdruaint":2e0z4cb1 said:
smerfy01":2e0z4cb1 said:

I'd imagine that VERY rarely happens and may be worth a decent amount of points. That could be it actually.

Well offensive players don't get points when they recover a fumble. Defensive players do or the defense itself gets 2. (Standard scoring anyways?. But 10 points for him extra would be nuts, lol. If that's it.

OP
OP
S

smerfy01

Reaction score
jdruaint":1hdbj7za said:
smerfy01":1hdbj7za said:
jdruaint":1hdbj7za said:
smerfy01":1hdbj7za said:

Well offensive players don't get points when they recover a fumble. Defensive players do or the defense itself gets 2. (Standard scoring anyways?. But 10 points for him extra would be nuts, lol. If that's it.

The defense does get a boost, but that's where it's kind of hazy that it's a kicker. Might be just in the right grey area for there to be some weird points rule to allow that to happen. It's like if you bring your QB in on defense and he gets an interception. Does he get misc. points or something for that?

kearly

Reaction score
Not saying he gets the game ball, but I thought Turbin had the most encouraging performance today. Running strong, running smart, breaking tackles and improving his balance.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
jdruaint":2gmtrn6t said:
smerfy01":2gmtrn6t said:
jdruaint":2gmtrn6t said:
smerfy01":2gmtrn6t said:

They double counted his field goals. Off by 10 points.

jdruaint

Reaction score
Just changed on espn's site to 12 points. That's better now I'm only down 9 points not 19, lol.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Gotta give one to Kearse. He did pretty much nothing all day then wraps up that onside kick to seal the victory. Props!