Geno and accuracy

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm so depressed.

None of 2022 was flukey on tape. It was all fundamentally good, and Geno has always had a natural accuracy dating back to college.

I have no answer. I refuse to be so reductive as to just say "Derp, this is who he is" because it doesn't make sense, but I have no answer right now.

I can only point toward the lack of an overall rhythm to the offense as a result of a forced screen game and a failing rushing attack perhaps affecting Geno, who seems to be a heavily rhythm-dependent quarterback.

renofox

Reaction score
That pass to DK that everyone was saying "DK should of had that" was thrown a good 5+ yards off target.

Geno has to slow and stutter, allowing the DB to gain position, and the ball was STILL behind him.

NoGain

Reaction score
#7 has regressed . A LOT
That and/or the league has figured him out. Either way, it's not boding well for us and I'm moving in the direction that we have to move on from him sooner rather than later, meaning he's not our guy for next year.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm so depressed.

None of 2022 was flukey on tape. It was all fundamentally good, and Geno has always had a natural accuracy dating back to college.

I have no answer. I refuse to be so reductive as to just say "Derp, this is who he is" because it doesn't make sense, but I have no answer right now.

I can only point toward the lack of an overall rhythm to the offense as a result of a forced screen game and a failing rushing attack perhaps affecting Geno, who seems to be a heavily rhythm-dependent quarterback.
I disagree and said it before the season started. He wasn’t nearly as good the second half of the year. People ignored it because they hated Russ so much and wanted Geno to he good to prove that Pete was the reason for our success and not Russ. This is nothing new and we saw it on tape last year albeit he’s even worse this year

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I disagree and said it before the season started. He wasn’t nearly as good the second half of the year. People ignored it because they hated Russ so much and wanted Geno to he good to prove that Pete was the reason for our success and not Russ. This is nothing new and we saw it on tape last year albeit he’s even worse this year
You're speaking toward a general trend on the offense to end 2022, sure, but his play didn't have this level of fundamental inaccuracy in 2022, even in the second half. This is a different thing entirely.

He pressed a bit last year, sure. But this is a different criticism entirely.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I'm so depressed.

Geno Smith has has this MO going back to college. He was a Heisman front runner then had an epic collapse towards the half of the season in his final year.

Geno is the type of guy that lives within his head. He lets the pressure of the situation get to him. When things aren’t going well around him he presses. He feels like he has to play heroball and the game speeds up.

Ozzy

Reaction score
You're speaking toward a general trend on the offense to end 2022, sure, but his play didn't have this level of fundamental inaccuracy in 2022, even in the second half. This is a different thing entirely.

He pressed a bit last year, sure. But this is a different criticism entirely.
That’s fair. His accuracy is a new development

Latest posts