Germain Ifedi signed by the Bears.

Own The West

Reaction score
Interesting that they will play him at guard. I always wondered why we didn't push him inside since he struggled in space. Maybe he refused since tackles make more money?

Either way he needed a fresh start. He'd already had enough false ones.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Whatever else, Ifedi gave us several years of consistent availability, if not actual ability. We could have easily had worse. But, good to move on and let another team try to get whatever value they can.

12forlife

Reaction score
Bye bye! Way to far into his career to still be called for nearly a false start per game! If Shell can just hold water and not kill drives, I believe we are better off @ RT imo.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2fwhx5nu said:
Thank you Bears! I'll use the word I've been using since he started here...BUST!

to be fair he isn't a bust.

Seahawks reaching again is the bust.

toffee

Reaction score
Is Fant that much better than Ifedi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BASF

Reaction score
Cyrus12":6f3mk90e said:
Thank you Bears! I'll use the word I've been using since he started here...BUST!

A solid, four year starter from pick thirty-one is not a bust. He had a couple of boneheaded plays a game, but he was solid. If your expectation for pick thirty-one is beyond a solid four year starter you'd be disappointed most seasons with the performance from those picks. There have been only three players that reached Pro-Bowl status this decade, most of them were not starters for their team. The decade before that also had only three players make the Pro Bowl. The decade before that had four Pro Bowlers. Not exactly a huge turn out for pick thirty-one.

Jville

Reaction score
:177692:

Germain delivered sixty regular season starts over a 4 year period with never missing a snap in 2 of those years. Germain Ifedi remains an appropriate subject for the [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ] forum. The Seahawks will be very ... very fortunate if his successor can be as reliable in answering the call.

12forlife

Reaction score
Just because your consistent, and show up to work everyday, dont make you good at your job.

Jville

Reaction score
Why Ex-Seahawks First Round Pick Germain Ifedi Doesn't Deserve Bust Label >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/why-ex-seahawks-first-rounder-germain-ifedi-doesnt-deserve-bust-label[/urltargetblank]
Considering the players who were drafted before and after the No. 31 slot in 2017 and 2018, few options have panned out, painting a vivid picture about how difficult it is for NFL teams to find quality tackles these days.
Only one player selected after Ifedi started at least 40 games over the past four years, and ironically, it's Brandon Shell, who Seattle recently signed to a two-year deal as Ifedi's replacement.

I'm looking for 16 starts out of Shell this year. That would would help provide some much needed continuity.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The thing is I could see the team replacing RT, C, & LG, which knocks the stuffing out of continuity.

LT- Brown, LG- Warmack/Haynes/draft pick, OC- Finney/draft pick, RG- Fluker, RT- Shell/draft pick

Jville

Reaction score
That center position is key. The need for experience and proven leadership at center is a pressing 2020 requirement. I would think Britt and/or Finney are most likely. Seattle swapped starting right tackles with Chicago. Fluker returns as the starting right guard. Left tackle is owned by Duane Brown.

That leaves the left guard spot in need of a solution.

This is a year for veteran experience. With everything that is going on, I don't see it as a good year to accommodate rookie learning curves. The continuity that I'm looking for is that which comes from the same experienced competitors staying on the field from September thru January. Although a first year rookie surprise would be welcomed, the key word is surprise.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think to many under value a good Center, just remember the mess we had there before Britt.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Question is, with Britt being hurt in week 8, will he be even ready to play until late in the season or will he have an expensive red shirt year?

Jville

Reaction score
March 19th ........ he is rehabbing.
[instagram]B97trblBy6H[/instagram]
The team certainly needs him.
We'll see :biggthumpup:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't think Fluker is safe at RG either. Jordan Simmons, Jamarco Jones, Haynes, Warmack, Ogbeuhi, Finney, Pocic can play that spot as well. If they dropped Fluker they could save some salary too. He's solid but also has had injuries during the season. It's a competition and who they think is the best of the bunch will survive. The only sure spot is Duane Brown at LT. The rest are up for grabs...

daveman918

Reaction score
Jville":3eugevbp said:
:177692:

Germain delivered sixty regular season starts over a 4 year period with never missing a snap in 2 of those years. Germain Ifedi remains an appropriate subject for the [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ] forum. The Seahawks will be very ... very fortunate if his successor can be as reliable in answering the call.

There were many things you could rely on him for. :0190l:

PJqZGZs

Jville

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3e37sqlh said:
I don't think Fluker is safe at RG either. Jordan Simmons, Jamarco Jones, Haynes, Warmack, Ogbeuhi, Finney, Pocic can play that spot as well. If they dropped Fluker they could save some salary too. He's solid but also has had injuries during the season. It's a competition and who they think is the best of the bunch will survive. The only sure spot is Duane Brown at LT. The rest are up for grabs...

That may be true. Last year, I found myself asking if the two starting guards could move and change direction well enough. I thought defensive stunts were effective against both of them. Outright misses and ineffectiveness at the second level were not uncommon. The coaches may very well go with new personnel at both guard positions.

Twenty percent of their offensive line starting snaps left for Chicago with Ifedi. Another 18% is missing with unsigned free agent Iupati. That's 38% of snaps from their starting lineup. Remove Fluker from the starting lineup and that's another 16% of snaps removed for a total of 54% of their 2019 snaps are then all gone. Plus the question at center.

What your describing is something that borders on that of a major rebuild. We could very well see that.

Latest posts