Germain Ifedi WILL Play on Sunday!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2v35n3c6 said:
Hopefully .Net will be patient.

Patient...not a word that immediately comes to mind when thinking about a good-many members of this forum.

"Awww, FREAK OUT..!"

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1b2e7wym said:
FlyingGreg":1b2e7wym said:
Hopefully .Net will be patient.

Patient...not a word that immediately comes to mind when thinking about a good-many members of this forum.

"Awww, FREAK OUT..!"

I know. That was stated with severe tongue-in-cheek.

Brace for the comments when he doesn't look perfect right away.

chris98251

Reaction score
There ya go consider yourself freaked out !

[youtube]h1qQ1SKNlgY[/youtube]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
^^^^ I was thinking about that Chris....he he he Great minds think........I think I shall just leave it at that.
:shock: :twisted: :stirthepot:

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3knu287g said:
I am as excited as the next guy to get Ifedi in there. But we should not think he is going to be a monster in his first NFL game in his first season. He could be awesome but I would not be sure he will be right out of the gate. People need to realize it will take time not only for him to adjust to the league (assuming he will be good to great) but also need time to gel with rest of front line.

Assuming he will be an upgrade at all.

I hope so.

Agreed. I understand the psychology of hope, but what's up with all of the hype for Ifedi, a player whom most people considered a reach in the draft and who has yet to even sniff the grass of an NFL field?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":znihzrbx said:
Year of The Hawk":znihzrbx said:
I am as excited as the next guy to get Ifedi in there. But we should not think he is going to be a monster in his first NFL game in his first season. He could be awesome but I would not be sure he will be right out of the gate. People need to realize it will take time not only for him to adjust to the league (assuming he will be good to great) but also need time to gel with rest of front line.

Assuming he will be an upgrade at all.

I hope so.

Agreed. I understand the psychology of hope, but what's up with all of the hype for Ifedi, a player whom most people considered a reach in the draft and who has yet to even sniff the grass of an NFL field?

Please document the bolded assertion above. Otherwise, it's an overstatement at best, and a fallacy.

Right now, Ifedi represents potential--only potential--but it's fairly sizable. So why not be excited about someone who played well in preseason, and seems well suited to our OLine's philosophy?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":hy4b2ejd said:
Right now, Ifedi represents potential--only potential--but it's fairly sizable. So why not be excited about someone who played well in preseason, and seems well suited to our OLine's philosophy?
Agreed, the preseason provided reason for optimism. Starting after he got hurt the Hawks have been unbalanced in the run game, averaging 6.5 YPC to the left and 3.5 YPC to the right. Am hopeful they have success to the right again soon, perhaps even beginning with this game.

Although the coaches have been emphatic about him regaining that position, if he does struggle, maybe through getting targeted by aggressive blitzes from the Jets, the 3-time RG starter and improving Webb is still there if necessary to bail him out.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
This is great! The coaches were excited by how good he and the oline looked in preseason. If he's good enough, he could, at some point, replace okung and be our anchor lt. This was our front office finally investing in the oline.

GO HAWKS!

SeaChat

Reaction score
It sounds like a pretty sure deal that Germain Ifedi will indeed play tomorrow. In Friday's press conference, Pete said that he fully intended to play him. I guess they will go one play at a time and see how he does, surely if he goes in to a melt down they will pull him out and try to get him gathered up a little, it happens with rookies, so many of them are so hypercritical of themselves and get rattled if they feel like their screwing up a little. I haven't seen that kind of temperament evidenced from Germain, looking back at his college play, and hopefully it won't find its way into his pro days of play.
My prediction is that he will prove to be one of those players that want to play every play of every game he can. He is spectacular at his position and will make a great name for himself in the NFL. .
I have a couple of thoughts on his current mind set and the play level he is capable of. I understand that there is a difference between playing college football and professional football, the difference is you are not just playing against one or two great players on the other team, you are playing against all great players, but if your the best you can play with the best, and beat the best, Germain, I believe is truly the best at his position and will prove it to the world over the weeks ahead of him, we have seen it time after time.
I also recall one of the senior Seahawk players talking to the team before a game recently, primarily aimed at calming some of the rookies down, who reminded all of them to keep it simple, and not to let the game become any bigger than it really was, to go out there and just play another game like every other game they ever played, also reminding them they are where they are because they possess a set of skills and talents that allowed them to be great at what they do, just keep it simple, I've heard other players on the Seahawk team, senior players and rookies alike, repeating that philosophy in interviews, it must have sunk in and is certainly starting to work for them.
I put my head on the chopping block game after game in these forums with my sometimes crazy predictions, and I've eaten a fair amount of crow over the years when I got it wrong. I've also gotten it right a good deal of the time as well. People point it out when your wrong and go silent when you right, Silent would be a good thing if Germain performs like I think he will. I think he's going to be a fantastic addition to our line and not only live up to all the hype surrounding him, but supersede it. I am rooting for him to play like the superman he is, and that he has worked his arse off to become all these years, in preparation for this moment in time. He will impress us all from day one and will only get better as time goes on. I'm pretty sure that Russell will sleep better at night having him in his line if he does play like this. Go Hawks !

The game just ended, no crow for me this week lol, Germain played great as well as did the rest of the team, The Seahawks are back, Russell will sleep better with the offensive line, he still needs to get rid of the damn ball lmao. The referring was sad and aimed primarily at trying to keep the Jets in the game. I've never seen so many penalties let slide against our defense, those guys played like the old Legion of Boom, welcome back, Richard got his feathers ruffled with crazy calls against him and made them pay for it too. You da Man Shermi, and Earl and Kam put the hammers down as well, and what was the call against Bennett when he provided Sherm with a block when he intercepted the ball. Well we beat the Jet's and the refs today, GO HAWKS!!!

bighawk

Reaction score
I believe Ifedi can be dominate just like Zack Martin of the cowboys from day one. He is that powerful. He will hold his own because he practices against Bennett and Rubin as well as Reed.